Posted at 6:53 PM ET, 04/ 6/2010

Jenny McCarthy, Jim Carrey split

By Liz Kelly

Carrey and McCarthy in 2009. (AP)

Another week, another celebrity couple bites the dust. In a statement released this afternoon, a rep for Jim Carrey confirmed to People.com that he and Jenny McCarthy have split after five years of togetherness.

In her own statement, McCarthy indicated that the split was amicable:

I'm so grateful for the years Jim and I shared together. I will continue to be in his daughter's life and will always keep Jim as a leading man in my heart.

Carrey also addressed his 600,000-plus Twitter followers, saying "I'm grateful 4 the many blessings we've shared and I wish her the very best! S'okay!"

Did you see this one coming? Share your thoughts below...

By Liz Kelly  | April 6, 2010; 6:53 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Jenny McCarthy, Jim Carrey, Twitter
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'Lost' 5: Questions to ponder ahead of 'Happily Ever After'
Next: Sandra Bullock says there's no sex tape; Buzz Aldrin cut from 'DWTS'

Comments

I don't believe it.

This has got something to do with Jim Carrey not getting enough face time or something.

They're still sniveling over each other.

Posted by: lindalovejones | April 6, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I don't believe it.

Publicity.

Posted by: lindalovejones | April 6, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

so now will they try to tank the nation's health seperately, or will one or both give up that "fight?"

Posted by: byte1 | April 6, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Whatever will I do now when I need to know about the lives of two not-very-bright, not-very-talented people?

Posted by: padre1957 | April 6, 2010 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Another insipid couple hits the dust. What a surprise! She doesn't even know how to say that she's pi...ed off. LaLa Land once more.

Posted by: brantdavis07 | April 6, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Like ... who cares?

Posted by: unseenmirage | April 6, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Hm. Last I heard, he was getting $100M per movie.

What's she famous for again?

Definitely a hottie, though.

Gotta love that "you'll always be the first man in my heart...but the last man in my bedroom" LOL

Posted by: dubya1938 | April 6, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

This is utterly shocking, but still not as shocking as Bob Guiney and Rebecca Budig splitting. Oh, the HUMANITY!

Is there any way a Post staffer can get rid of all the spam above?? It's very distracting. Surely you have an intern there who can get the job done.

Posted by: privacy3 | April 6, 2010 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Who cares?

Let's speculate on why this happened:

A. Any man who wears Clark Kent glasses must have a split personality.

B. You can't trust a man with a beard.

C. All blue-eyed blondes are airheads.

D. I was always right and she/he was always wrong.

See, I can add my two bits of drivel.

It's about time Jim told us his shoe size because that number will lead us to a letter in the alphabet that will be the beginning of us knowing their terrible secret.

Posted by: robertjames1 | April 7, 2010 2:02 AM | Report abuse

Another one for the "I don't give a rat's ass" column.

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 7, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Not surprised, I think most Hollywood couple are doomed.

Posted by: Guest1234 | April 7, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Wonderful.
Share a website with you ,
( http://www.shoes2.us )
Believe you will love it.

Posted by: 898551828 | April 7, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Wonderful.
Share a website with you ,
( http://www.shoes2.us )
Believe you will love it.

Posted by: 898551828 | April 7, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

5 years together in Hollywood is like 55 years in the real world...

Posted by: Californian11 | April 7, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

The new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
====== http://0845.com/SlG =====

▍ ★∴
   ....▍▍....█▍ ☆ ★∵ ..../
   ◥█▅▅██▅▅██▅▅▅▅▅███◤
   .◥███████████████◤
 ~~~~◥█████████████◤~~~~

Posted by: itkonlyyourr | April 8, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

The new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
====== http://0845.com/SlG =====