Posted at 8:16 AM ET, 04/13/2010

John Tesh admits he dated Oprah; Michelle McGee apologizes to Sandra Bullock

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Lady Gaga arrives in Japan on Tuesday. (Getty Images)
Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: Confirming at least one report in Kitty Kelley's new book, John Tesh admits he dated Oprah in the '70s... Michelle "Bombshell" McGee publicly apologizes to Sandra Bullock for "embarrassment and pain"... Kate Gosselin's lawyer asks court to dismiss Jon's custody request... Ex-employee sues Steven Seagal for alleged sexual assault... Ryan Phillippe "tired of getting s*** on" over break-ups... Lindsay Lohan left off "Mean Girls" game cover... Russell Crowe gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame... Pam Anderson owes $493K in back taxes to state of California... Tila Tequila debuts new blond coif... Kevin Eubanks leaving "Tonight" after 18 years... Rihanna joins Lilith Fair lineup... Bret Michaels undergoes emergency appendectomy... Youngest Duggar child back in hospital... Randy and Evi Quaid fail to show for court date (again).

Rumor Mill: Elizabeth Taylor takes to Twitter to deny engagement rumor... Alleged Jesse James mistress no. 5 releases e-mails... Kate Gosselin house hunting in Hollywood... Heidi Montag paid $10K to pose in bikini... Susan Boyle pitches a fit at airport, calls niece/personal assistant a "b*tch"... Heather Locklear and Jack Wagner still together, says rep... Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart rendezvous in Budapest.

Pop Culture Mix: Sandra Bullock to appear on George Lopez's show, post-Conan?... Speaking of Conan, TBS is already promoting the arrival of the flame-haired comic on their network... Sam Worthington, dealing with post-"Avatar" bad luck?... Patton Oswalt cast in NBC pilot opposite Matthew Broderick... Review: "Glee" returns tonight, lazily yet triumphantly... Chris Rock to remake Kurosawa film... WWE's "Smackdown" moves to (huh?) SyFy Channel... Cartoonist Graham Annable issues sketches that blend worlds of "Star Wars" and "Lost" (I know, not an earth-shattering concept. But the sketches are cool.)... The list of winners from this year's Streamy Awards for Web-only series... Best Week Ever pays tribute to out-of-date search engines, yet somehow neglects to mention Excite and HotBot... Hey, who wants a slice of zombie birthday cake?

Video: Watch Jeff Daniels and Ryan Reynolds in trailer for "Paper Man":

Say What?
"Jim didn't have breasts, and I think that was the reason." -- "Avatar's" Sigourney Weaver on why James Cameron lost the best director Oscar to Kathryn Bigelow.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | April 13, 2010; 8:16 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  Elizabeth Taylor, George Lopez, Heidi Montag, Jesse James, Kate Gosselin, Lindsay Lohan, Sandra Bullock, Sigourney Weaver
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: On our pop culture radar: 'Glee,' MGMT and more
Next: Fashion statement: Naya Rivera's dotty topper

Comments

Pam Andersron?

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 13, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

...and that was the last time anyone saw John Tesh alive.

"Kevin Eubanks leaving "Tonight" after 18 years." That has to be the worst reaction time of any rat leaving a sinking ship EVER.

Bret Michaels undergoes emergency appendectomy, as opposed to one for purely cosmetic purposes - I'm looking at YOU, Heidi-With-The-Giant-Fake-Rack.

"Heidi Montag paid $10K to pose in bikini." I don't care how much she paid, they shouldn't have acc-- oh. Nevermind.

"Susan Boyle pitches a fit at airport." Yes, but it was PERFECT pitch.

"Heather Locklear and Jack Wagner still together, says rep." Was this to counter rumours that they were breaking up or that one of them was dead?

"Chris Rock to remake Kurosawa film." I'd mock this, but if Bruce Willis and Walter Hill can remake Kurosawa, then why not Rock?

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Zombie birthday cake! That sounds kind of silly and fun, I'll just click over and AHH AAHHH AAAAHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | April 13, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Dude SO has breasts! Every male mammal of this species has 'em. They're just decoration.

Has it been that long for ol' Sigourney?

Posted by: cfow1 | April 13, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

"John Tesh admits he dated Oprah in the '70s" -- They realized it wouldn't work because "Joprah" just sounds dumb.

"Russell Crowe gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame" -- It's right next to Meg Ryan's but it won't be there for long.

"Chris Rock to remake Kurosawa film" - Sorry, no interest in seeing "Rockomon" or "Drunken Cracker"; now if he remade "The Idiot"....

"Kate Gosselin's lawyer asks court to dismiss Jon's custody request" -- The transcript reportedly reads, "I think you're a great judge but you don't understand the way I learn the law."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 13, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Of course in Japan most of what Lady Gaga wears would be considered pretty normal.

I'm sure if I dated John Tesch, it would put me off of guys for the rest of my life as well.

I hear Tiger is already calling Jesse James to join him on the next Pro/Am match. James said he was excited to learn from a pro with such experience.

Um, Sigourney, I'm pretty sure the reason why James Cameron didn't when best director was because Avatar was completely derivative and lacking any real emotional connectivity between the audience and the film. I'm pretty sure even George Lucas thought the characters were wooden puppets.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 13, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Does Lady Gaga fly commercial? I can't imagine they'd let her on planes dressed the way the does whenever she's photographed in an airport.

So, does she change in an airport bathroom? And if so, does she use the Gentlemen's or the Ladies'?

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

"Jim didn't have breasts, and I think that was the reason." -- Sigourney Weaver

Note the use of the past tense there. Can we start a rumour that since the Oscars Jim's been seen in the company of Heidi Montag's master rackmaker?

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 13, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Michelle McGee should have thought about the pain and hurt it would cause BEFORE she cashed in on sleeping with Sandra's husband.

Seriously, at what point are Randy and Evi Quaid going to be arrested and denied bail? It's not like they are real celebrities.

The Judge may dismiss the custody petition now, but if Kate really is moving to LA with those 8 kids, that's a whole new ball game. Out of State move is a material change of circumstances. Jon should get full custody and make HER pay child support. I really don't want to run the guidelines for those folks.

Posted by: epjd | April 13, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | April 13, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

It was so easy for John Tesh to sneak out in the middle of the night. One of his records was playing and Oprah was out cold.

Does anyone believe that "Sorry, I f---d your husband, but ya know, a girls gotta eat" is a sincere apology?

Lindsay Lohan left off "Mean Girls" game cover... Now that's mean.

Youngest Duggar child back in the hospital. Just floors me that "and Counting" is still part of their title. Lets concentrate on the ones you have now.

Tila who?

Snoop Dog and Susan Boyle to collaborate? You gotta be kidding me.

Glee is back. Outstanding. (by the way someone sent me a slushie today on FB. How am I supposed to take that?)

Posted by: hodie | April 13, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Sorry Glee, I loves ya & all, but Lost wins above & beyond everything else. Especially since there's....**sniffsniff**..only 5 episodes left.

I will see Sue, Will & the gang at 10:02PM.

Posted by: wadejg | April 13, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

wadejg, I'm with ya. Set those DVRs. Glad I don't have to be up early tomorrow.

Posted by: hodie | April 13, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

So? What if Cameron doesn't have breasts; he's a c**t doesn't that make up for it?

Posted by: ronjaboy | April 13, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

With taxes that need her financing,
Pam Anderson works it on Dancing;
For this ingénue
Has her revenue
Augmented by upfront enhancing.

News Short n' Sweet by JFD8

Posted by: jd121 | April 13, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Ewwwww. Tesh and Oprah together is a visual that I just didn't need.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 13, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Pay up, Pammy. We need the money.

Why do I find Lady Gaga's "I'm celibate" nonsense to be disingenuous, dumb and a cheap ploy for attention? Maybe because she's only celibate until the next guy comes along? (a la Paris Hilton)

I sure hope Sigourney's tongue was wedged firmly in cheek w/ that comment.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 13, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Love to the tiniest Duggar. Yeah, her parents are creepy and all, but even us snarky Lizards wish Josie only the best.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 13, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

"Chris Rock to remake Kurosawa film." Really? What's the Japanese translation of "Cracker-asz-cracker," or "Muthaf***ah"??

Liz, way back when -- in the mid 90s -- only Internet imbeciles used Excite, and only a few Geeks on the edge used HotBot. The great mass of the mediocre proletariat used Yahoo. Losers used Lycos. The cognoscenti who knew how to perform Boolean searches --ahem -- used AltaVisa....until Google came along.

"Jim didn't have breasts, and I think that was the reason." -- Sigourney Weaver
Oh really?? Phil Mickelson has one of the best set of moobs anywhere, and he just won the Master's. Proof that you don't needs boobs to win when moobs will do.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 13, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Sas-

"The cognoscenti who knew how to perform Boolean searches --ahem -- used AltaVisa....until Google came along."

And oddly enough, in the 2000's I had to do a Google search to find byoolin.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 13, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

And we thought the study of celebrities was big in the US!

"In France, Racy Sarkozy Rumors Grow Into Crisis":

In France, a rumor of infidelity has morphed into charges of international conspiracy.

President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife, the former model and singer now known as Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, have denied a report that they have been unfaithful to each other....

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 13, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse