Posted at 8:38 AM ET, 04/21/2010

Kate Gosselin cut from 'Dancing with the Stars,' Michael Douglas's son gets five years in prison

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Celebrity Beat: Tearful Kate Gosselin cut from "Dancing with the Stars"... Octo-mom Nadya Suleman tells Oprah she lives with "tremendous amount of guilt" for having eight babies last year... Spencer Pratt slams Kate Hudson's alleged breast augmentation... Tom Hanks sends espresso maker to White House press corps... Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon to review their vows again... Christina Aguilera says she's "more sexual" now that she's a mom... Scarlett Johansson tells InStyle she likes cooking, not clubbing... Heidi Klum debuts new short 'do... Jezebel.com compiles an exhaustive history of Scott Baio's Twitter rage and resulting war with, yes, Jezebel.com... David Hasselhoff returning to "The Young and the Restless"... Tara Reid calls off her wedding... Queen Elizabeth marks 84th birthday.

Video: Sir Mix-a-Lot remixes hit to sell Butterfingers, with an assist from Erik Estrada and Lou Ferrigno...

Crime Watch: Michael Douglas's son sentenced to five-year prison term for dealing meth; judge labels Douglas and ex-wife Diandra "distant, problematic" parents... Kal Penn robbed at gunpoint in D.C... Judge drops charges against Michael Lohan.

Rumor Mill: Larry King's kids knew about mom's affair, says little league coach... Elin Nordegren heads to Sweden with the kids; Tiger Woods spotted hanging out backstage at Nickelback concert... Heidi Montag opts out of suing "Hills" producer over alleged sexual harassment... Vera Farmiga pregnant with second child?... 17-year-old Miley Cyrus buys her own $3 million Hollywood mansion.

Pop Culture Mix: Cirque de Soleil to put on Michael Jackson show... Overlong "American Idol" cuts off Madonna episode of "Glee" on many DVRs; Gleeks to stage mass "Vogue"-athon in protest (okay, that last part I made up)... Advance tickets for "Sex and the City 2" already selling "briskly"... James Cameron confirms an "Avatar" re-release this summer, and says sequel will focus on Pandora (via Slashfilm)... U.S. version of "Top Gear" in the works... Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert renew deals... Kyle Chandler to star in Spielberg sci-fi series "Terra Nova"... News of the weird: kids rents video game from Blockbuster and finds marijuana in it (oh, that old excuse).

Video: The Onion uncovers "Iron Man 2" scoop -- Gwyneth Paltrow will get punched in the face?:

'Iron Man 2' Buzz Heats Up Over Rumors Gwyneth Paltrow Gets Punched In Face

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | April 21, 2010; 8:38 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'Lost' 5: Questions ahead of 'The Last Recruit'
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'The Last Recruit'

Comments

"Michael Douglas's son sentenced to five-year prison term for dealing meth"

aka "Hitting Bottom".

Posted by: jezebel3 | April 21, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

The kid only got 5 years for dealing meth -- that is leniency. Good for the judge in calling the parents to account. I know Michael Douglas is busy with his new family, but he can't forget the old.

A Vogue-A-Thon protest would be so cool.

No Kate, everyone doesn't love you. Octomom, you should have thought about that before you had yourself artificially impregnated. This was an avoidable pregnancy.

Posted by: epjd | April 21, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

"Kate Gosselin cut from 'Dancing with the Stars,'"

Thank God! Now will somebody please sweep this moronic "celebrity" under the carpet?

Posted by: kemp13 | April 21, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Not only is Tiger Woods a horrible husband, he likes Nickelback.

SHAME!!!

Posted by: gmart68b | April 21, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Tom Hanks sends [a replacement] espresso maker to White House press corps.

My favorite part is when Hanks surveys the somewhat-the-worse-for-wear machine he'd given them 6 years earlier and observes, "'You know, you are supposed to clean this after every use,' Hanks remarked to reporters after picking up the filter from the old machine." Impressive that such a big star's still rooted in reality.

Queen Elizabeth marks 84th birthday.

True, but Brenda and Phil the Greek still have to wait till June when the weather's better in order to celebrate officially. At her age, it's always not such a good idea to postpone special events.

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon to review their vows again.

And we all know what THAT means (has anyone checked thenm for matching tats yet?).

Spencer Pratt slams Kate Hudson's alleged breast augmentation.

In case anyone didn't already realize who the real boob is.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 21, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Jez, I think "Hitting Bottom" will be the new nickname of whomever turs out to be Cameron Douglas's cellmate.

"Spencer Pratt slams Kate Hudson's alleged breast augmentation." Makes sense, since reports are that he can't even rub up against his wife's.

KARNAK THE MAGNIFICENT [tears open envelope and reads]:
Sir Mix-a-Lot, Erik Estrada and Lou Ferrigno.

ED MCMAHON: Sir Mix-a-Lot, Erik Estrada and Lou Ferrigno.

KARNAK THE MAGNIFICENT [glares at ED]: I thought you were dead?

ED MCMAHON: Sir Mix-a-Lot, Erik Estrada and Lou Ferrigno.

KARNAK THE MAGNIFICENT: What's black, brown and green, in this bit, and not Ed McMahon?

ED MCMAHON: Hey-O!

If ever anyone needed proof of how skeezy Tiger Woods is, "backstage at a Nickelback concert" tells you all you need to know (HINT: it's worse than Mary from Canoga Park, backstage at the Toad-O concert in Zappa's "Joe's Garage").

I respectfully submit that if you know someone for whom the cachet and prestige of being at the first screening of "Sex and the City 2" requires them to purchase advance tickets, you need new friends.

James Cameron says an "Avatar" sequel will focus on making even more buckets of money, more like.

"Kid rents video game from Blockbuster and finds marijuana in it," and here I am, using Netflix like a sucker.

The Onion says Gwyneth Paltrow will get punched in the face... it does sound a lot like an Onion bit, or a Chris Martin autoerotic fantasy.

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 21, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

"Larry King's kids knew about mom's affair, says little league coach."

Shawn used to hang around after games for some extra batting practice.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 21, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

"Tara Reid calls off her wedding."

Damn. I'm out another toaster. I hope I can find the gift receipt.

Posted by: yellojkt | April 21, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

If Kate is looking for a new reality show, may I suggest Survivor? We can make sure she gets exiled and then convienently forgotten.

Suprises me that Pratt prefers melon to kiwi.

I have not yet watched Glee, so you're saying I am going to be pissed later? Damn that Ryan Seacrest!

Kids find pot in the dvd case just like the construction workers "found" John Lennon's old LSD stash. Yeah, I get it. What'd ya know? This baby powder is actually coke? How did that happen?

Posted by: hodie | April 21, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

You know, I kept wondering why my neighborhood Blockbuster was always so busy.

Apparently ScarJo and I have something in common.

I almost had a great birthday but then I watched Charles in Charge #ScottBaioruinseverything.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 21, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

I'm in a singing mood today.

Dorkus, it's time to phone up ScarJo and sing

Hey, Good Lookin'
What's ya got cookin'?
How 'bout cookin somethin' up with me?

I got a new tattoo and a two dollar bill
and Lizard Island sits right over the hill
There's Tiki Bar and the dancin's free
so if you wanna have fun come along with me

And for Heidi Montag, who, unlike Kate Hudson, got implants that are "big enough" for Spencer Pratt:

Wouldn't you like to ride
On my beautiful bazooms?
Way up in the air
On my beautiful bazooms
We'll inflate them and watch them float across the sky
Oh they can fly
Fly
My beautiful, my beautiful bazooms

You'll find a real nice place
'tween my beautiful bazooms
You can cover your whole face
With my beautiful bazooms
But be sure to come up for some air or you could die
You could die
Die
Starving for some air
'tween my beautiful bazooms

Way up in the air
ON my beautiful bazooms

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 21, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Love Heidi, don't love the haircut.

Mariah and what's-his-name DO in fact have tattoos - they aren't matching, but they got them together and I THINK they have each other's names or initials. They may even have gotten them before their wedding, which means they were well on their way to divorce before actually being hitched! Score.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 21, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Sorcerers_cat: I really liked "Dirt: The Movie" (although, for this veteran composter and mulcher, it was kind of like preaching to the choir; not too much I didn't already know).

But the production values were great, the film kept moving at a good clip, and the graphics and animation were nothing chort of brilliant (loved the hummingbird!). Please convey my hearty congratulations to the whole "Dirt" crew!

From a Celebritology perspective, narrator Jamie Lee Curtis was superb. Also, when I saw that old clip of Johnny Carson interviewing the tree guy on the "Tonight" show, it reinforced Tom Shales' comment on his online chat just yeesterday that today's talk show hosts can't hold a candle to their predecessors, who actually interviewed their guests (rather than just using them as foils for their own shtick).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 21, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Should read, "nothing short of brilliant" and "yesterday." More caffeine, please. Professional movie critics clearly have nothing to fear from me.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 21, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I'm sorry, I did have comments on today's Morning Mix, but then I watched the Butterfinger video and have lost all feeling in my brain. I'll get back to you once the bad visuals (Estrada, the wig ... I want my Mommy) subside.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | April 21, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

David Hasselhoff returns to "The Young and the Restless" as the old and incoherent.

Tiger Woods seen partying backstage at a Nickelback concert. Well, that probably is where one would find the largest concentration of brainless bimbos.

Re: Gwynneth Paltrow--one of my facebook friends, when joining the group, "Don't turn Cookie Monster into Veggie Monster" explained, "We already have a Veggie Monster and she is Gwynneth Paltrow." I can do no better than that.

Posted by: mdreader01 | April 21, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

liz, no guru obit news? very disappointed. one of the greatest emcees of all time passes away and you don't mention it? but you mention sir-mix-alot? there's a fair amount of gossip out there about this tragedy. did dj solar isolate guru from his friends and family during his last days? was the deathbed letter a forgery? what was the beef between guru and premiere?

Posted by: the_nap | April 21, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Td, I am so using "I have lost all feeling in brain" anytime my clients say or do something stupid that I then have to fix.

Posted by: epjd | April 21, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Kate Gosselin is to ballroom dancing as Jon Gosselin is to soulmate selection.

Posted by: niceFLguy | April 21, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

ep

Alas, too many of mine are self-inflicted (NP now pounds head on keyboard, because it feels so good when I stop).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 21, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

re: cameron douglas, didn't i read that the sentence for this offense was a mandatory 10 years? how did he get 5? i'd put my money down right now that people of color wouldn't have gotten 5.

Posted by: frieda406 | April 21, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

I am SO happy that Cirque is doing this tribute to Michael. I will go to see the traveling show and will travel across the country for the opening night in Vegas. I LOVE and Miss Michael so much and I'm truly happy that Cirque and Sony are carrying on Michael's amazing legacy in such extraordinary ways.

On Earth Day, a big THANK YOU to Michael for writing EARTH SONG. May the lyrics of that song and the emotion with which you sang them continue to inpsire people to make a change in this world for the better.

Loving and Missing Michael ALWAYS!

Posted by: Pina1 | April 22, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I am SO happy that Cirque is doing this tribute to Michael Jackson. I will go to see the traveling show and will travel across the country for the opening night in Vegas. I LOVE and Miss Michael so much and I'm truly happy that Cirque and Sony are carrying on Michael's amazing legacy in such extraordinary ways.

Loving and Missing Michael ALWAYS!

Posted by: Pina1 | April 22, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse