Posted at 8:36 AM ET, 04/23/2010

Naomi Campbell takes swing at camera; Dad surprises Lindsay Lohan with cop visit

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly
Friday

Celebrity Beat: Naomi Campbell strikes again: Punches camera after denying she accepted blood diamond from African despot Charles Taylor:

Michael Lohan, sheriffs visit Lindsay Lohan's apartment to check on 16-year-old sister (video); Lilo and mom Dina not pleased... David Beckham is world's top earning soccer star... Kirsten Dunst-directed short film debuts at Tribeca Film Festival... Gwyneth Paltrow fears her perfectionism will land her in a mental hospital... Amanda Peet gives birth to baby girl... "Party of Five" alum Jeremy London opens up about past drug addiction.

Crime Watch: California court denies Roman Polanski's request to have special counsel review his case.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan a suspect in theft of $35,000 Rolex?... Jon Gosselin selling BMW for cash, has new D.C.-based love interest? Also, he's apparently withdrawing his petition for primary custody of his eight children... Alleged Tiger Woods mistress Rachel Uchitel pitching reality show... Did Kate Hudson get implants or is she just pregnant?... Gary Coleman reunites with estranged wife.

Pop Culture Mix: "Avatar" Blu-ray sets first-day sales record... Green Day makes surprise appearance at performance of musical "American Idiot"... Pixar illustrators in the process of drawing "Monsters, Inc." sequel... Second and final "Twilight: Eclipse" trailer to debut on "Oprah Winfrey Show"... Comedy Central censors controversial "South Park" episode... "Green Hornet" gets bumped from holiday season to a January 2011 release date; will be converted to 3-D... "The Last Airbender"? Yup, it's also coming out in 3D... Helen Mirren joins cast of "Arthur" remake... Take a look at "Lost" "Final Flight" picture, and prepare to buy tickets for "Final Celebration"... "A-Team" director Joe Carnahan laments the proliferation of '80s remakes and TV adaptations, despite obviously contributing to the trend... Hitler reacts to Hitler parodies being deleted from YouTube (language NSFW)... Girl wears Stormtrooper costume to college graduation, publicly confirming her geek-awesomeness.

Say What?"
"I don't even remember that time in my life." -- Paris Hilton on her relationship with ex-boyfriend Doug Reinhardt, who she split from a mere two weeks ago.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | April 23, 2010; 8:36 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  Avatar, David Beckham, Kate Hudson, Lindsay Lohan, Naomi Campbell
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fashion statement: Jasmine Burke, gender bender or fashion offender?
Next: Restore Stephen Baldwin (just click here to donate)

Comments

For those of you interested in the Monsters, Inc. sequel story but not willing to give Variety all of your personal information and first-born child, here's a nice article from The Guardian:

And Liz/Jen? We realize as professionals, you guys have the Variety subscription. We humble mortals do not. If you could find alternate sources, I know I'd really appreciate it. All it took was entering "monsters inc sequel" into Google to pull up a bunch of news reports on this.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | April 23, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Chasmo, I second your distaste re online media who demand way too much personal info in order to access their website. This happened to me again just yesterday, and I automatically departed the inquiry page rather than allow my privacy to be violated so flagrantly. That's the only way we can (try to) leverage these places not to ask so much.

On another serious note, I saw Brian Ross's report on ABC World News last night re Naomi Campbell/Mia Farrow. Gee, which celeb am I more likely to believe? A deranged, violent diva or a veteran human rights activist?

David Beckham is world's top earning soccer star.

Grab it while it lasts, Becks, because you're gettin' mighty close to the end of the gravy train. And your wife's duck-pose suggests she's starting to get desperate too.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

It sounds like Paris Hilton is one of the 1.29 million people who have joined the "Ever look at your Ex and think, Was I drunk our whole relationship?" Facebook group. And in her case, the answer appears to be Yes.

And that's all I've got today. I have less inspiration in me than does the average Hollywood screenwriter. But hopefully, I'm less derivative.

Posted by: northgs | April 23, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Gary Coleman reunites with estranged wife. Well that was a short separation.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 23, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I don't understand why the South Park episode was censored. Comedy Central has not censored South Park's lewd depictions and satorizing of Christians and Jewish people so why now do they censor the "depiction" of Muhammed? Isn't this America? Isn't there a First Amendment that guarantees freedom of speech(given with the purpose it will be used responsibly)? As I see it, the Muslims moved here and it's up to them to assimilate into our culture, not the other way around. I don't think South Park should have to pander to a group of delicate extremists who probably don't even watch the show. I say, "if you don't like it or it offends you, don't watch it!"

Posted by: IrishFox | April 23, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Gary Coleman reunites with estranged wife. I suspect that taco wrestling is involved.

Apparently there are some Muslims who can't take a joke...and they work as executives at Comedy Central.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 23, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Although I'm generally no fan of MM's, anyone who wants to poke a figurative finger in the eye of the "South Park" complainers (threateners) can always click on:

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

The First Amendment only applies to actions taken by government actors. The First Amendment does not apply to Comedy Central, which, as a commercial entity is allowed to decide for itself what it will or will not broadcast.

End of Civics Lesson...

Posted by: VaLGaL | April 23, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Wow - if what the article says is true - and yeah I'd trust Mia Farrow before I'd trust Naomi Campbell, the level of her self absorption is breathtaking. How hideously ugly she truly is, unwilling to help convict that evil evil man. A Haxian Wow doesn't even cover it..

On South Park - perhaps the censoring was intentional. I mean they censored a speech on fear because they were threatened?

Posted by: LTL1 | April 23, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I too am disappointed that Comedy Central caved to the nut jobs. Then again, Christians and Jews don't have a documented history of blowing up buildings and killing thousands of innocent people. I'm just sayin'.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 23, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, I know, politically incorrect and all that. Ask me how much I care.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 23, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

LTL
I mean they censored a speech on fear because they were threatened?

How very meta you are this morning!

How's Little Lurker doing these days?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

LTL1 - you are so right about Naomi Campbell. She has proved time and again that she possesses NO true beauty. Her ugly goes straight to the bone.

Posted by: jaybbub | April 23, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Little Lurker gave me my very first belly laugh 2 days ago and it was exhilarating, addictive (even RDJ might fall off the wagon for this stuff) , awesome and hysterical all at once and I found myself willing to do just about anything to replicate it.

Queen Liz you are in for an amazing ride...

PS I can't possibly be meta - I am way too sleep deprived to be that smart these days...

Posted by: LTL1 | April 23, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Especially for ep and Dorkus, today's Crickler state puzzle is Texas:

I wrongly guessed initially that one of your home states major industries was dining (LOL!).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jaybbub | April 23, 2010 11:03 AM

Sure they do, Jaybbub. Just not in the USA.

Posted by: northgs | April 23, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

PS can we give Friday love to my coworker and the CEO of my un-named non-profit they are both battling recurrences of cancer. Neither is a celebrity but they are both so very worthy of our Friday love, I promise.

Posted by: LTL1 | April 23, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

LTL, daily love to your colleagues. Also to dynastic actress Lynn
Georgy Girl" Redgrave, who apparently has a recurrence of her cancer, and was looking terribly ill at brother Corin's funeral recently.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Friday love heading their way from the left coast.

Why does Gwyneth feel the need to share these things with the public? TMI is an understatement.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 23, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Michael Lohan is going to be live on "Issues" tonight talking about his daughter. Should be interesting to hear from him. It's So sad...addiction is cunning, baffling, and powerful. "Issues" show is on CNN Headline News channel.

Posted by: JVMfan | April 23, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

When I saw that report on Naomi on the news last night my first thought was, of course she's going to deny it, she wants to keep the damned diamond, blood soaked or not. My second thought was, if they keep asking her about it, she's going to punch someone. Well, I was close, she punched the camera. Ugly isn't even a strong enough word for that woman.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | April 23, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, mid-story I had that same reaction. Then I thought to myself, nah, Naomi would never do anything so stereotypically stupid on network TV news.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | April 23, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Dear Gwyneth,
Your "perfectionism" was going to land one of us in a mental hospital; better you than me.
Your loving husband,