Posted at 1:15 PM ET, 04/ 9/2010

Summer Movies 2010: A second look at 'Sex'

By Jen Chaney

I have seen the second, lengthier trailer for "Sex and the City 2," and I couldn't help but wonder: why the heck are our four New York ladies riding camels?

I mean, you're watching the trailer and it's delivering all the usual Samantha double entendres and Carrie/Big drama. Then the next thing you know, the shoportunistic quartet heads to Abu Dhabi to, apparently, hang out in the desert, go clubbing in the United Arab Emirates, briefly meet up with Miley Cyrus (seriously, she's in there) and -- coincidence alert! -- bump into Carrie's ex, Aidan (John Corbett).

For a couple of seconds, I wasn't sure if I was watching "Ishtar." Or perhaps the "Sex and the City" equivalent of "The Facts of Life Goes to Paris."

Still, as a sucker for "Sex and the City," I remain semi-intrigued despite all this. Watch the trailer, then vote in the poll below to tell us if this makes you more or less excited to see "SATC 2," or as indifferent as you've always been to the charms of Ms. Bradshaw.

By Jen Chaney  | April 9, 2010; 1:15 PM ET
Categories:  Movies, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: From Tiger to Tiki -- the worst relationship indiscretions in (recent) celebrity history
Next: Robert Pattinson + Kurt Cobain = Internet panic

Comments

Why camels? Nepotism. SJP has a camel face. Here, from the Urban Dictionary: "A Jewish/Middle Eastern girl with a long nose, eyes are close together, and a face like a camel.
Women like Amy Winehouse, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Barbara Streisand all have a camel face."

Posted by: kabuki3 | April 9, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Camel face? Buddy, as tight as her dancers body may be, she fell off the ugly tree and hit every single twig on the way down. Ugh. I guess it must be one of those inner beauty kind of deals but SJP never carried on like a leading lady, pun intended, until she sunk her claws into SATC. Julia Roberts has a horse face, the difference is SHE KNOWS IT! Makes her that much more sexier.

Posted by: biffgrifftheoneandonly | April 9, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

And here I thought the girls were getting mixed up with the Radio City Christmas Spectacular... which, as far as I know, is the only thing in Manhattan that ever features live camels. That would make as much sense as meeting Miley Cyrus in Abu Dhabi, and might be more entertaining.

(Note to Jen: If you're in Abu Dhabi and you go clubbing, you are, by definition, going clubbing in the UAE - the UAE is not separate from Abu Dhabi.)

Posted by: northgs | April 9, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

The reason for the ladies going to the UAE for camel rides is obvious:

They're at the age when riding a camel is the only way they can get humped.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | April 9, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse