Posted at 11:01 AM ET, 04/ 6/2010

The scoop on Heidi Montag's plastic surgery

By Liz Kelly

A post-surgery Montag on the cover of People. (Courtesy People Magazine)

Heidi Montag is, as it were, scarred for life. All of that plastic surgery she had back in November 2009 has left her unable to jog and even unwilling to hug other people because of her fragility.

Montag called into Ryan Seacrest's dippy radio show yesterday to milk this surgery thing for more free PR provide some new insights about her surgical transformation. As if the 10 procedures we already knew about (everything from rhinoplasty to a boob job) weren't enough, Montag also told Seacrest she had her "back scooped."

What is a back scoop? Turns out Montag isn't quite sure, but thinks maybe she is the first victim one to try it and that it has something to do with carving out one's back for a more shapely figure. And, hey, it went along with her "waist cinching" procedure. Which matches her new boobs. Which, in turn, really goes with that new strapless dress.

But according to Dr. Alan Matarasso, a Manhattan plastic surgeon and spokesman for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Montag may be exaggerating a bit about her newly sculpted back.

"It may be her interpretation of a procedure we call liposuction of the back or the bra strap area," said Matarasso in a phone interview this morning. "It will often go from the hips up to the shoulders and is very popular now."

What's involved?

Usually, says Matarasso, it's done with a a vibrating "power suction" machine that breaks up the fat under the skin before sucking it out.

"[It's a] fairly quick procedure," said Matarasso. "Maybe 30 - 40 minutes."

As for Montag's claim that she didn't really know what the procedure was? Matarasso (who admits he's not familiar with Montag) is doubtful.

"You need separate consents for each procedure."

But shiny new plastic bodies aren't all fun and games. Montag laments the loss of some intimacies.

"I'm very weird about hugging people now," she told Seacrest. "[My body] is very fragile."

And, if you haven't totally lost your appetite yet, Montag also added that she has footage of all of her procedures and may air portions of it as part of a (hint hint, Hollywood producer types) future reality show.

Oddly, Montag didn't mention one word about her lobotomy.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Liz Kelly  | April 6, 2010; 11:01 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Cosmetic and Plastic, Health, Heidi Montag, Medicine, People, Plastic surgery, Reality television, Surgery
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nicollette Sheridan sues 'Housewives' creator for alleged assault; Aaron Sorkin creating movie based on John Edwards scandal?
Next: The most inspired pop culture cruises, from 'Twilight' to Rick Springfield

Comments

Every time I hear about Heidi now I think, "Barbie's come alive..."

Argh. I just lost my appetite regarding the reality show concept. Gross.

Posted by: JenEFur | April 6, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Since Heidi has stated she wants to be a movie star next, I'm thinking this is just her method acting way of preparing for the Mannequin remake they'll make soon.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | April 6, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Of course Heidi didn't talk about her lobotomy: opening up that head would be like opening up a Pandora's Box of Stupid, which would lead directly to The Marriage Ref being renewed and Sarah Palin getting her own tv show and OH MY GOD YOU BLEW IT UP! G*D DAMN YOU! G*D DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Posted by: byoolin1 | April 6, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Heidi Montag is just gross. I can't think of any other word for it.

Posted by: Californian11 | April 6, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

All of the above.

Posted by: kirstenpaulson | April 6, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Don't you have to have a brain to have a lobotomy? I think you are making a pretty big assumption that she has one.

Posted by: Ariabob | April 6, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Who knew that adding plastic -- a fairly durable material -- would make a human being more fragile. Learn something new every day.

Posted by: epjd | April 6, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Heidi is an idiot who is popular for doing nothing. Her body isn't fragile, it's just that all the dye from her hair has seeped into her head and has poisened her tiny, itty, bitty brain so she has no idea what she's saying.

Posted by: bddebrain | April 6, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

I'm not so sure it's a case of "fragile" so much as a case of "can't reach past her new ta-tas to give a hug."

Posted by: northgs | April 6, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: LBinVA | April 6, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

"LBinVA - I was reading the article with what was, I'm sure, a disgusted look on my face... That was until the last line when I spit Diet Coke on my keyboard. Liz, you're fabulous."

- well put.

Posted by: Michael_A1 | April 9, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Montag should not be allowed to go under the knife again!

For more information about her back scooping procedure, follow this link http://popdemonium.com/?p=167

Posted by: Popdemonium | April 11, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse