Posted at 10:34 AM ET, 05/11/2010

25 things you maybe didn't want to know about Yoko Ono

By Liz Kelly

From No. 11, re: Yoko's affinity for hats: "In case you might think that maybe I'm trying to hide a bald spot or something, I occasionally take it off to expose my bushy hair." (Getty Images)

So remember last year when everyone was simultaneously bored with those "25 Things About Me" lists while also compelled to compile a list of one's own? It would seem Yoko Ono finally got hip to the trend and, over the weekend, published her own list of esoteric Yoko factoids.

If I knew nothing else about Yoko Ono except what is included in the list, I would assume the woman is obsessed with her body -- mostly her feet. No fewer than seven items are dedicated to her obsession with her lower extremities -- everything from her philosophy on heels and flats to this explainer about her legs:

4. I have rather short legs to match my short height. I love that. The fact that they're short makes them easier to go around with. Can you imagine if I had long legs? They might go in different directions from each other, or something. Then what would I do? Short legs work very well for me.

Can't argue with that logic.

When it comes to hands, though, Yoko shares her heartbreaking frustration: despite a love of gloves and rings, she can't wear them because "my hands cannot breathe properly."

Also, don't try to put anything -- say a beauty cream -- on Yoko's face. It will "rebel" against the stickiness. Speaking of her head, Yoko shares this sweet snapshot of her relationship with late husband John Lennon:

14. My head was unusually large for my small bod. So John called me a "Martian."

Funny. I also have called Yoko a Martian, but mostly because of stuff like this.

As one approaches the end of the list, Yoko does get outside her body to talk about some larger themes, reminisce about "our days as gods and goddesses" (you know, when we were "larger than dinosaurs" and used to "play ball with planets") and her thoughts on how the military budget could be better spent ("I thought it would be more economical to drop 10 thousand dollar bags from the sky to the people of the country.")

Now you know.

By Liz Kelly  | May 11, 2010; 10:34 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Yoko Ono
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Katy Perry tops Maxim Hot 100 list; Celebs freak out over Twitter meltdown
Next: The 'Lost' 5: Asking questions ahead of 'Across the Sea'

Comments

What I didn't need was that close up picture.

But kind of sweet she still wears John's glasses.

Posted by: hodie2 | May 11, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Yoko rocks.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 11, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I've been fortunate enough to meet Ms. Ono. She is charming, gracious, really funny and startlingly pretty in person (for some reason a camera just can't capture her, and I think she probably likes it that way!)

Posted by: kbockl | May 11, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Why the snarky tone, Liz? This list comes off as incredibly cool, humorous, and self-aware about that humor. ...I guess thanks for making me aware of it, anyway.

Posted by: Edgar05 | May 11, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

"25 Things"? There are so, so many things I didn't want to know about her. As for this choice quote:

"But now we sit like good girls and boys and watch the small tennis ball going left and right, forgetting the days when we use to play with bigger balls."

There are no words.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 11, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

To each their own I suppose. Some of her 'factoids' sound a lot like John Lennon's writing style so he obviously influenced her creative style as she did his. At least she's not as wacky as Bjork.

Posted by: Fracas1 | May 11, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I came across an online community for individual seeking interracial love. It is --Mixed connect .

c O m--- All singles there are seeking interracial relationships. Interracial is not a problem

here, but a great merit to cherish!

Posted by: sallyworking2006 | May 11, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

here, but a great merit to cherish!

Posted by: sallyworking2006 | May 11, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

Good grief. Will this woman ever be forgiven for allegedly being part of the reason The Beatles broke up, even thought that isn't true?!

Her husband was murdered, for crying out loud. What is wrong with you, Liz.

Posted by: chunche | May 11, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

Well, she is Japanese and Japanese women think a lot about their bodies (I know because I have lived there). It's not their fault...it is instilled in them.
Look, I'm not a huge Yoko Ono fan either, but I've seen her on Japanese TV lately and she looks pretty good. And I think she seems to live a decent life, despite the curse of being famous.

Posted by: possum_pouch | May 12, 2010 6:16 AM | Report abuse