Posted at 8:43 AM ET, 05/27/2010

50 Cent drops 54 pounds for movie role; Fergie shows for New York book fair

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Despite a recent brain hemorrhage and stroke, the seemingly unstoppable Bret Michaels made appearances this week on both 'Celebrity Apprentice' (which he won) and last night's 'American Idol' finale. (Reuters)

Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Yikes! 50 Cent drops 54 pounds for movie role... Lee DeWyze wins "American Idol"; Bret Michaels, Paula Abdul make surprise appearances... Scandal-plagued Fergie promotes her chlidren's books at New York book fair... Lindsay Lohan goes blonde again... Mindy McCready "absolutely" attempted suicide, says mom... Mariah Carey pulls out of Tyler Perry movie -- is she preggers?... Willie Nelson cuts off signature pigtails... Judge dismisses suit against Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen... Art Linkletter dead at 97...

Video: Heidi Montag posts shoot-em-up audition clip for "Transformers" director Michael Bay...

Crime Watch: Joyce DeWitt pleads no contest in DUI case... Heather Locklear cleared in hit-and-run case.

Rumor Mill: John Travolta and Kelly Preston not expecting twins, says rep... Tila Tequila to reveal ecstasy addiction on "Celebrity Rehab"... Jesse James not abused by father, according to stepmom... Vince Vaughn spends the night in "Jersey Shore" house... Is Ryan O'Neal dating Cheryl Tiegs?

Pop Culture Mix: "Soapdish" getting a remake... Yet Disney still plans to do away with SoapNet... Ellen Page signs on to HBO's "Tilda" (the new show that may or may not be based on Nikke Finke)... Julia Stiles in talks to appear in fifth season of "Dexter"... TNT passes on picking up "Law & Order"... Eight great "SNL" commercial parodies from the '90s... "Lost" DVDs to feature epilogue scenes of Hurley's island reign... Calm down about that wreckage scene at the end of "Lost" -- it was added by some network dimwit, not by the show's producers.

Video: "Lost's" unanswered questions [Via YesButNoButYes]...

Fear not, though, Sarah Silverman explains it all in this clip. Or, as per Jimmy Kimmel, maybe it was all a Vincent the dog dream.

Chat Day! Join us at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | May 27, 2010; 8:43 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Sex and the City' ... and the shopping
Next: Gwyneth Paltrow: She's not just like us!

Comments

About time a man had to lose weight for a movie role.

Not the braids Willie. Not the braids.

Run Cheryl. And take your daughter with you.

RIP Art Linkletter.

Posted by: epjd | May 27, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

One would be hard-pressed to accuse Bret Michaels of lacking a strong work-ethic. Just don't overdo it, OK?

Or, as per Jimmy Kimmel, maybe ["Lost"] was all a Vincent the dog dream.

Or maybe Bob Hartley was eating overly spicy food again.

Willie Nelson cuts off signature pigtails.

Ho-hum, not the first time. Maybe he hallucinated that folks were trying to dip the ends in an inkwell.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

50 Cent ain't what it used to be.

There should be a game show for people who don't watch American Idol in which we attempt to pick AI winners out of a police lineup.

Scandal-plagued Fergie promotes her chlidren's books at New York book fair: "Every child who buys a book gets to meet Viscount Severn!"

"Mariah Carey pulls out of Tyler Perry movie -- is she preggers?" It certainly is more likely than her realizing she can't act.

Yesterday LiLo & Willie were in a movie together & today they've both changed hairstyles. I think we know what's going on here.

RIP, Art Linkletter. One of the very first books I remember reading was my grandma's copy of Kids Say The Darnedest Things (illustrated by Charles M. Schulz, if I recall correctly). Typical Darnedest Thingism: "When I grow up I want to be an octopus, because I'm going to be a teacher and I could take all the bad kids and spank them with my testicles."

Seven very frightening words: "Heidi Montag in a Michael Bay film."

"Joyce DeWitt pleads no contest in DUI case." I would have thought she could have walked home from The Regal Beagle.

"Vince Vaughn spends the night in "Jersey Shore" house," decides not to sell his soul to the Devil after all.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 27, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

50 Cent drops 54 pounds for movie role.

Talk about currency deflation!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

>>>Seriously, Lost ended FOUR days ago. Can we stop with the news? Please? For those of us who spent 5 years waiting for it to end so we wouldn't have to hear about it again? <<<

I hear you epjd, but as long as Jen and I are scrimping on the rest of the headlines, cut us some slack? We're traumatized. Hanging on to a dearly-loved show. It'll fade away soon enough.

Posted by: Liz Kelly | May 27, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I think the "SNL parodies" link is misdirected. Unless "More About Lost!" is the new RickRoll. If that's the case, I may give up the internet for a while.

Posted by: ishkabibbleA | May 27, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

"50 Cent drops 54 pounds for movie role" -- ... and changed his name to 40 Cent

"Scandal-plagued Fergie promotes her chlidren's books at New York book fair" -- Copies of "Budgie the Helicopter Gets Caught in a Tabloid Sting Operation" are flying off the shelves.

"Willie Nelson cuts off signature pigtails" -- ...to buy a chain for his beloved's pocket watch. Which she sold to buy him hair combs. Bummer.

"Joyce DeWitt pleads no contest in DUI case" -- If only Suzanne Somers did the same with all her out-there health claims.

"Ryan O'Neal dating Cheryl Tiegs?" -- Sounds to me like someone just found his old Sports Illustrated with her in that mesh bathing suit. Did he hit on her a funeral? I bet both their popularity rankings on IMDb just went through the roof. ("Up 1,000% in popularity this week.")

"'Soapdish' getting a remake" -- Is nothing sacred? No, no, no, no, nooooooooooooo. I can just imagine the lame casting. Wanda Sykes in the Whoopi role and Heincer as Sally Field / Kevin Kline. I repeat, NO.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 27, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Thank you for the continuing coverage of LOST. It ain't over until we all walk into the light.

Speaking of which: RIP, Art Linkletter. You made great television.

Posted by: mat00 | May 27, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

byoo, the octopus kid is now a bus driver for the PG County schools.

Lost is what it was. Or not.

I think the Lilo, Willie, and Ryan items all belong in the "Crime Watch" section.

Exactly how would Jesse's step-mom know for sure that he had not been abused?

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 27, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

If there was any doubt whether Bret Michaels has brain damage, his appearances on Celebrity Apprentice and AI so soon after his brush with death confirm it.

Or maybe this is Flash Sideways Bret Michaels. Maybe the real Bret Michaels is still in ICU, brain dead, on a ventilator, while the rest of us, the Gratefully Unaware Dead, watch Celebrity Apprentice, AI, and continue to speculate over who made it off the island.

Excuse me. I have to go abuse Jesse James now.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 27, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: lostcyclist | May 27, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Thank you Liz and Jen for the continuing "Lost" coverage. Like Jack, some of us are not quite ready to let go. It will happen soon enough, though not soon enough for those who hate the show. Please bear with us for a while longer.

Posted by: lostcyclist | May 27, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Dear Willie,

I don't disagree that it was time for the pigtails to go, but I'm not loving the pageboy look.

Posted by: mat00 | May 27, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I'm a huge supporter of the Second Amendment, but that video makes me wish I wasn't.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | May 27, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Forget LOST! We have real questions!

THIRTY SOMETHING
Will Nancy Take Elliot back?
Will Ellyn ever find true love?

And what about St. Elsewhere?
Is Ehlick still a pig?

Those are real questions!

I guess my old timers ins kicking in. Nevermind!

Posted by: mkennedy331 | May 27, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

mkennedy331, you may have hit upon a topic for a Friday List. Liz? Jen?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

mkennedy331, I am sure Nancy took Elliott back by now. But Ellyn is still single.

Don't even get me started on St. Elsewhere and the whole thing being a snowglobe dream of an autistic child. I ain't buying it.

But since you brought up old TV shows, I DO want to know why Diana Muldaur had to die by falling down the elevator shaft on "L.A. Law."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 27, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

We might need to qualify which Fergie from now on. The original Duchess of York Fergie, or the tiny singer whose husband likes strippers.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mariah was pregnant. Having kids = last-ditch attempt to save doomed marriage.

Is Ryan O'Neal dating Cheryl Tiegs? Maybe he mistook her for his daughter Tatum?

Posted by: Californian11 | May 27, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 27, 2010 9:33 AM

Me too byoo!

Sas, why oh why are you doing commercials for some sort of jerky treat?

Posted by: jes11 | May 27, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I forgot, 50 Cent drops 54 pounds for movie role - proving he's just a two-bit actor.

Posted by: jes11 | May 27, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Byoolin -- please to be cutting Miss Mariah some slack on the acting front, she was more than respectable in Precious. Doesn't quite make up for "Glitter", but it does indicate an upward trajectory....

As for 50 Cent's weight loss -- looks to me like losing 1/5 of his value might just be the first step in his plan to change his name (and maybe his nationality) to "50 Cent (Canadian)".

Posted by: klaw009x | May 27, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

klaw009x, I agree re Mariah in "Previous."

However, as of a couple minutes ago:
US $1 = Can $1.06736
Can $1 = US $0.93689

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Gah! "Precious"

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 27, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

td, allow me to join you in the don't-remake-Soapdish lament! Whoopi was great in it, RDJ was awesome, heck, even Garry Marshall was irreplaceable. I LOVE that movie--just the right balance between actual soap and about soap.

When will Heincer realize that whatever "fame" they have achieved from lame "The Hills" STILL doesn't make either of them classifiable as an "actor." Not that Transformers actually requires an actress with any talent in that part, but it is a big budget studio movie where the idea of casting a surgery-enhanced reality show person would be laughed out of the room. And not quite sure what she thinks shooting targets at point blank range with a handgun has to do with Transformers. Oh, that's right, she doesn't realize it's about robots! She thinks it's about "transforming" oneself with plastic surgery!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 27, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

When will Heincer realize that whatever "fame" they have achieved from lame "The Hills" STILL doesn't make either of them classifiable as an "actor." Note to Heidi:
"Transformers" is about giant robots, not dipslitzes who transform themselves into plastic mutants through surgery.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 27, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Breaking news: Gary Coleman reportedly in critical condition in a Provo, Utah hospital. I really hope he is okay.

Posted by: epjd | May 27, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

>Forget LOST! We have real questions!

>THIRTY SOMETHING
>Will Nancy Take Elliot back?
>Will Ellyn ever find true love?
OK, that was funny!