Posted at 5:28 PM ET, 05/ 4/2010

Bret Michaels released from hospital

By Liz Kelly

Michaels in 2008. (AP)

Bret Michaels, our favorite reality show rocker, is out of the hospital and expected to make a full recovery after suffering a brain hemorrhage in April.

"[H]e has been recently discharged and he continues to receive therapies," said Joseph Zabramski at a Tuesday press conference. "And we continue to monitor his laboratories daily, and we're adjusting his medications, and he is making a good recovery. I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100 percent recovery. He's just one of those lucky people."

Docs say Michaels should wait four to six weeks before resuming normal activity, so he may need to readjust his plans to resume touring on May 26. But good news -- docs ruled out any connection to the bump on the head Micheals received at last year's Tony Awards when a piece of the set fell on his head and say the fact that they couldn't pinpoint a reason for the bleeding is actually a plus.

Something to believe in, for sure.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Liz Kelly  | May 4, 2010; 5:28 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Bret Michaels
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'Lost' 5: Heading toward 'The Candidate'
Next: Pam Anderson cut from 'DWTS'; David Letterman extortionist gets 6 months in jail

Comments

Did they have to shave his head?

Posted by: tomtildrum | May 4, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

From family experience, I'd think they shaved the parts of his head where they'd need surgical access. When Bret Michaels resurfaces, you shouldn't be surprised if he's had a haircut or is wearing an obvious wig.

I'm not a fan or anything, but since something like this happened in my family, I'm glad to see that Bret Michaels has a positive outcome so far. Me and mine know how cr@ppy this experience can be.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | May 4, 2010 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Bret who? I have no clue who he is but I'm glad he is going to recover.

Posted by: mortified469 | May 4, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

To be honest, I had never heard of him before "Celebrity Apprentice" - but on that show, he's grown on me. He is indeed, very lucky, and given his other serious health issues, and the fact that he has young children, I sincerely hope that he does whatever he needs to do to get well and stay well. I lost my own father when he was 47 - so that's the position from which I'm speaking.

Posted by: jqw3827 | May 5, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

So now that Bret Michaels has recovered, he's back to his usual self-importance. I take it he's resumed jerking off into his bandana.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 5, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse