Posted at 11:55 AM ET, 05/26/2010

Fashion Statement: Liza Minnelli's 'Sex and the City 2' premiere look -- Fab or just trashy?

By Liz Kelly

No need to adjust your monitors. Liza Minnelli did indeed show up at last night's New York "Sex and the City 2" premiere wearing a head-to-toe see-through ensemble that appeared to have been constructed from metallic bargain-brand trash bags. To accessorize, Minnelli added a sturdy strapless bra and ankle high boots -- both clearly visible.

Minnelli has a small cameo in "SATC 2" and contributed a cougar-ish cover of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" to the movie's soundtrack.

(AP)

And soon you may be able to rock your own see-through Liza ensemble. The 64-year-old just landed a deal with the Home Shopping Network to market a line of clothing based on her own ticky tacky wardrobe. The aptly-named "Liza Collection" debuts June 30.

By Liz Kelly  | May 26, 2010; 11:55 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Fashion  | Tags:  Liza Minnelli
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tom Cruise opens up about dad, couch jumping; Sandra Bullock to show up for MTV Movie Awards?
Next: 'Sex and the City' ... and the shopping

Comments

I can't believe David Gest even loaned it to her.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 26, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

That poll needs another choice: "My eyes are bleeding!"

Posted by: northgs | May 26, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

My first thought was "Yipes!" but then I thought I should look that good at 40something as she does at 60something.

Normally I'd be all "ew. wrongonsomanylevels" but it's Liza. It also may be the case of the flashes making it see-through but in person it's not.

Though you'd think as often as that happens that they'd check for that crap before they leave the mansion.

Posted by: wadejg | May 26, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I only wish I were as witty as Byoo.

However, let this be a lesson to all of you: just because a piece of clothing comes in your size, does not mean you should wear it.

For example, leggings, really, on some they look more like sausage casings.

Thank you.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | May 26, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

What is that bra-like thing she is wearing?

I guess I'd just put it down to a "what was she thinking" moment.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 26, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Looks like she tried to knock off a vintage Halston in cheesy fabric. Poor Roy is spinning in his grave. Sarah take note this is how Halston will look. Invest in fabric and design....

Posted by: metoo7 | May 26, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Hey, we should be thankful for that bra-like thing!!

Posted by: wadejg | May 26, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Liza apparently doesn't go for the purple outfits and red hat look. "When I am old I shall wear sheer fabrics..."

Posted by: hodie2 | May 26, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

byoolin shoots, he scores: SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 26, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

A cheesy rip-off of the outfit (by Bob Mackey, I think) that Streisand wore to the Oscars the year she co-won for "Funny Girl." You've all seen the video of Babs onstage intoning, "Hello, gawgeous."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 26, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

My eyes! The goggles, they do nothing!!!

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | May 26, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I think we need to order extra supplies of brain bleach.

Posted by: epjd | May 26, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Stinky stinky stinky.

Posted by: kbockl | May 26, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

The Man from Glad now has some competition from Liza the Hefty Woman, the most fashionable name in gar-BAHHGE.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 27, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

I don't think that outfit would look good on anyone. Yuck.

Posted by: onlytheshadowknows1 | May 28, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse