Posted at 10:22 AM ET, 05/20/2010

Had enough Justin Bieber? Help is here!

By Liz Kelly

Have "Bieber Fever" yet?

You should. This week alone, the barfy 16-year-old overly-coiffed singing dynamo has been quoted describing himself as a "great kisser." And scored a BET Award nomination. And, because he's, like, everywhere, last night Bieber cluttered up the "American Idol" stage with a performance that doubtless left legions of tween girls -- and host Ryan Seacrest -- swooning.

According to E! News, Bieber Fever is sweeping the nation. And they have cheesy Seventeen magazine photo shoot footage to prove it:

Not a moment too soon, the geniuses at Free Art and Technology Lab have deployed the killer app: this handy Firefox add-on which, once installed, censors all mentions of the tween sensation from your Web pages. (Warning: The accompanying video at the above link, while funny, does contain some NSFW language.)

The colorfully titled Shaved Bieber Firefox add-on in action.

Download and de-Bieber-ize this blog post. You can thank me later.

By Liz Kelly  | May 20, 2010; 10:22 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Justin Bieber
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lindsay Lohan stuck in Cannes?; 'Nightline' scores Jesse James interview; Megan Fox cut from 'Transformers'
Next: Talking 'Lost' with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse

Comments

I feel a Friday List coming on....I love the idea of the De-Bierberizer. Can we branch out to other annoying "celebs". Would love to have a De-Heincing agent. Maybe concentrated DEET would work for that?

Posted by: hodie2 | May 20, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

"Bieber Fever" is either the worst or the most apt name for a tweener phenomenon in the history of tweener phenomena, depending on what you think of the near-homophone "beaver fever". Lizards, get your brains out of the gutter, I'm talking about the gastrointestinal affliction.

Posted by: northgs | May 20, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

This is so amazing. I love it. Shave the Bierber!

Posted by: DCCubefarm | May 20, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Any chance of a Palin version?

Posted by: mamoore1 | May 20, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Any chance of a Palin version?

Posted by: mamoore1 | May 20, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Funny stuff.

Posted by: ozpunk | May 20, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

A combination of UGH and YAWN. Anyone who has to tell the world he's a great kisser, probably isn't. And in any case, WHO CARES about some over-coiffed megalomaniac?

Posted by: Californian11 | May 20, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

All I have to say about Bieber is hearing the words...

"I'll buy you a panini
And buy you Spanx, to make you look teeny"

...come outta his mouth while he was singing to Tina Fey on SNL & kept a straight face made me hate the kid a lot less.

If he can keep up that sense of humour & stay away from that John Mayer-esque creepy TMI territory, if he doesn't develop a drug problem or some other addiction, he'll be fine.

Posted by: wadejg | May 20, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Instead of a killer app, how about a Find & Replace: Justin Beiber-to-Greyson Chance. Time for a change?

Posted by: snowbucks | May 20, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Well let's add Ellen Degeneres and Joan Rivers to the list...

Posted by: papaskynz | May 20, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe I'm defending this kid! I'm not a fan, I swear, but I saw him on SNL and Chelsea Handler's show and it made me like him a bit. He seems to be "in on the joke" and doesn't take himself seriously. And he's a little player - he certainly knows how to charm the "older" ladies (meaning Tina Fey, Chelsea Handler, Kim Kardashian, etc). I think I heard him sing once and it was pretty awful.

Posted by: LilyBell | May 20, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

I de- ______ized before I submitted this. If ______ _______ wants to be a comedian, I think he's got a bright future. It's the fact that he thinks he's a musician that bothers me the most. The tween fan base he stokes has no taste. They may grow out of him. We can only hope. Otherwise, I'm afraid we'll have to hear the warblings of _______ ________ at least until his voice changes, at which point he'll discover the miracle of AutoTune.

Posted by: mdreader01 | May 20, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse