Posted at 8:01 AM ET, 05/14/2010

Barbara Walters undergoes surgery; Billy Ray Cyrus defends Miley's lap dance

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney
Friday

Celebrity Beat: Barbara Walters undergoes heart valve replacement surgery... Bret Michaels planning May 28 return to stage... Earning $25 million in 2009, Gisele Bundchen is top-earning model... Heidi Montag seeking restraining order against mom... T.I. tells Larry King "depression and paranoia" led to his arrest... Evangeline Lilly, what are you wearing?!... Photos: The 63rd annual Cannes Film Festival.

Crime Watch: Lil' Wayne busted for violating jail music rules.

Rumor Mill: As Matt Lauer and wife deny breakup report, Whitney Houston's sister denies she's Lauer's mistress... Rachel Uchitel claims she has romantic video message from David Boreanaz... Elin Nordegren hires lawyer from sister's law firm... Lisa Marie Presley sends thousands of sunflowers to Michael Jackson's burial site... Lindsay Lohan gets into screaming match with bouncer outside New York club... Are Kate Hudson and Cameron Diaz feuding over A-Rod?... Kim Kardashian sprays Windex on her food so she won't eat it?... Jeremy Piven caught "staring" at Jessica Simpson's butt.

Pop Culture Mix: NBC cancels original "Law & Order"... "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy invites writer of controversial Newsweek piece to observe show's casting process (does this mean that if we write something ludicrous about the show, we can get invited to the set, too?)... Highlights from the "Twilight" edition of Oprah... NBC to order a short finale for "Heroes"? ... "FlashForward," other ABC series reportedly axed; "Chuck" renewed for fourth season... Shia LaBeouf swears third "Transformers" movie will be way better than second (He would so not lie about this)... From the Dept. of Wha??: Charlie Kaufman apparently worked on script for "Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom"... Fan films may represent the new wave of Hollywood filmmakers, says the Guardian... Television Without Pity offers some advice on how to do a proper TV series finale ... A look at the best viral movie marketing of the moment... Williams-Sonoma stoops to new level of geekiness with "Star Wars" pancake molds... Fox cancels "The Wanda Sykes Show"... Mary J. Blige to play Nina Simone... Naomi Watts to star in Marilyn Monroe biopic... Marilyn Manson paints "Lost's" John Locke.

Video: Alec Baldwin's "SNL" promos...

Say What?
"It's what people her age do." -- Billy Ray Cyrus on daughter Miley's leaked lap dance footage.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | May 14, 2010; 8:01 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Battle of the movie trailers: 'Inception' vs. 'Adjustment Bureau'
Next: Friday List: More candidates for a Betty White-style career revival

Comments

JeLi, you might want to talk to the Post's IT people: they can probably set up your computers to spit out "Lindsay Lohan gets into screaming match with" whenever you hit the F12 key.

"Kim Kardashian sprays Windex on her food so she won't eat it?" How on earth does that work? Windex is delicious!

Jeremy Piven staring at JSimp's butt: it was either that or watch her "act."

How much way better, Shia LaBeouf? Because JSimp's butt it still just right there.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 14, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Related to the Piven item AND to the photos, on the interwebs there are other photos of the Film Festival, especially a very glam one of Eva Longoria Parker looking over her shoulder at the camera. And her dress isn't bad, either.

There are also some backshots of a European actress from "Zombie Women of Satan" in a transparent costume that leaves her prackilly nekkid.

We are so glad that this film festival exists so the actresses can show off their Cannes.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 14, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1

I believe Sas can confirm the URL: http://www.instantrimshot.com

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 14, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

As an old guy who is computer-literacy challenged, it's also on AOL. If anyone else remembers that...

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 14, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Also, the group includes a frontal shot of Michelle Rodriguez. But I am probably the only one who cares.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 14, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I'm confused - didn't Rachel Whatsherface deny being involved with David Boreanaz? I can't keep up anymore.

And man, all I can think of with her is "Intolerable Cruelty", except she's just using blackmail instead of divorce to reap money from these rich men. I'm sure her mother is just so proud.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | May 14, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Chasmosaur, Rachel Whatsherfanny said DB wasn't "a part of her life now." Apparently we're past that moment.

Highlights from the "Twilight" edition of Oprah - as in, she's finally riding off into the sunset? Please?

Billy Ray wins the Ick Nast award for the week, I see. Many more of these and the guy's going to have to talk to the Yankees about how to display so many trophies to best effect.

Speaking of the Yankees, Kate and Cameron, surely you could find something more interesting to fight over?

Reddragon, no, you are not the only one who cares about Michelle Rodriguez. Thank you.

Posted by: northgs | May 14, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Correction: the prackily nekkid actress is "Mimi le Meaux" (I did NOT make that up) of the movie "Tournee."

In other news, it's a Hobsons choice for poor A-rod.

I'm on board with the Lilo macro. Or maybe we could just add a term to the Lizard Island Dic to signify Lilo Still Out of Control.

NBC finally realized Jerry Orbach died.

Naomi Watts should make an OK Marilyn. I think of her as kind of a lightweight, but they should be able to leverage that.

Why doesn't Billy Ray officially change his name to "Billy Ray Ew."

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 14, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

I am so deep in mourning about Law & Order that I can't even snark about Billy Ray Cyrus, except to say Ick. Nast.

Friday love to me and all L&O-ers who will be facing a bleak, bleak future.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 14, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

You know what, now that there is video of Bruce Springsteen and Lady Gaga singing Don't Stop Believing with Sting, Elton John, Shirley Bassie and Blondie, not even Billy Ray Slime-us can bring me down.

Posted by: dkp01 | May 14, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

dkp, any idea where that video was taken?

Posted by: northgs | May 14, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

northgs, they were saving the rainforests--it was performed at The Rainforest Foundation's benefit at Carnegie Hall last night.

Posted by: dkp01 | May 14, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

If I were the sound editor for L&O, on the last scene in the last show, I would replace the trademark "Chuuk-chunnk" sound effect with that of a toilet being flushed.

Why are Kate Hudson and Cameron Diaz fighting over A-Rod? It's not like either one could score with him. The further they could get would be third base.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

jaybbub, I'm sad re the impending loss of the L&O mothership. Love me some Sam Watterston.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, try watching TD Ameritrade commercials.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 14, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Sas, Sam's one of those actors who could just read the phonebook, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to settle. I'm still mourning the departure of "I'll Fly Away."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

NBC finally realized Jerry Orbach died.

Posted by: reddragon1
* * *
Thank you for this bit of laughter (not to mention the bits of orange slice I spewed all over my keyboard) on this very sad, sad day. On the other hand, I've been in semi-mourning since the departure of Jesse L. Green, so this is more like the loss of a loved one who's been seriously ill than it is the striking down of a loved one in the prime of health.

-Snarky Squirrel, who can't decide if she's more bored with Heidi's face or Jessica's behind.

Posted by: 7900rmc | May 14, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Just found out one of my co-workers has NOT ever seen "The Princess Bride". The mind boggles. Had to share such momentous news!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 14, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

sorcerers_cat, I have a little confession to make...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 14, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse