Posted at 8:14 AM ET, 05/19/2010

John Travolta and Kelly Preston 'expecting' new baby; Lindsay Lohan denies dating photog

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney
Wednesday

Celebrity Beat: John Travolta and Kelly Preston announce they are "expecting a new addition to our family." According to People, 47-year-old Preston is pregnant... Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson's son unhurt in fender bender... Surprise! Lindsay Lohan is in good standing with court-ordered DUI class... Jay-Z leads BET Awards nominations... Sharon Stone says she swore off plastic surgery after lip injections left her with a trout pout... Jennifer Aniston shows off abs in new SmartWater ads... Stephen Baldwin making documentary about offshore oil drilling... Juliette Binoche breaks down at Cannes presser while talking about imprisoned Iranian director... Lady Gaga applies for internship with hat maker... Christina Aguilera channels Gaga in new magazine shoot... Octomom Nadya Suleman's new PETA ad -- look if you dare.

Video: Jane Lynch talks about gay Hollywood with Katie Couric...

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan denies dating 36-year-old female photog... Jonathan Rhys Meyers returning to rehab... Heidi Montag's father allegedly tells Star magazine he is "afraid for her life"... Alanis Morissette expecting?... Drew Barrymore to direct "Wizard of Oz" sequel?

Pop Culture Mix: James Franco returning to "General Hospital"... Vanessa Williams headed to "Desperate Housewives"... The new "Men in Black III" villain is, umm, Jemaine Clement?... Elizabeth Reaser, onscreen mother of Edward Cullen, says talk of "Twilight" contract disputes are overblown... "Hurt Locker" producer who sent controversial e-mail? Yeah, still doing it... Producer Cathy Conrad sues Weinsteins for developing "Scream 4" behind her back... Eight greatest probably wrong "Lost" theories.

Video: Real life Bart Simpson takes two days to fill London ad agency chalk board with slogans [via Buzzfeed]...

Say What?
"I actually choose the way I eat according to the way animals have sex. I think fish are very dignified with sex. So are birds. But pigs, not so much. So I don't eat pig meat or things like that. I eat fish and fowl." -- Picky eater Nicolas Cage

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | May 19, 2010; 8:14 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Lindsay Lohan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'Lost' 5: Questions ahead of 'What They Died For'
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'What They Died For'

Comments

LiLo's in good standing with her DUI class: she's learned not to throw a drink and drive.

"Stephen Baldwin making documentary about offshore oil drilling." I think I speak for several Lizards when I say, 'Stephen, you owe each of us a keyboard.'

Heidi Montag's father is afraid for her life: so call off the snipers.

Next thing you know, Nic Cage will be telling us he eats left-handed so it seems like someone else did the cooking.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 19, 2010 8:34 AM | Report abuse

I thought the Wentz/Simpson spawn was too young to drive.

You know I don't want to think about the sex acts of animals when I am eating.

Posted by: epjd | May 19, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

I thought the Wentz/Simpson spawn was too young to drive.

You know I don't want to think about the sex acts of animals when I am eating.

Posted by: epjd | May 19, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Is there a world population shortage in all the papers that I missed?

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 19, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

You know I don't want to think about the sex acts of animals when I am eating.

Posted by: epjd | May 19, 2010 8:48 AM

****

What about the eating habits of animals when you are mating?

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 19, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Now I blame PETA, not Octomom.

And don't dare me Liz, I always take the dare. I regret it (again). Octomom is YUCKY, so why does PETA need her?

Because Nicky Cage just isn't helping, is he?

Posted by: Amelia5 | May 19, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

You know I don't want to think about the sex acts of animals when I am eating.

Posted by: epjd | May 19, 2010 8:48 AM

****

What about the eating habits of animals when you are mating?

That is none of your business Byoolin.

Posted by: epjd | May 19, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

It wasn't the trout pout per se that put Sharon Stone off plastic surgery, it was the implications of Nic Cage's fish sex obsession.

Court-ordered DUI classes are so bogus. According to a friend-of-a-friend, "The goal is to give the client (the offender) a good experience, so that when he/she relapses, he/she will come back to us for their next mandatory class/counseling." Basically, they want to groom repeat customers more than they want to help (possibly unwilling) people achieve sobriety.

Posted by: northgs | May 19, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

"John Travolta and Kelly Preston announce they are 'expecting a new addition to our family.'" -- I hope it's a baby we're talking about here and not a "Battlefield Earth" sequel.

"Jay-Z leads BET Awards nominations" - And Kanye is MAD that Beyoncé isn't the top nominee.

"Lady Gaga applies for internship with hat maker" -- It's not an internship; she just wants to mill(iner) around the factory.

"Sharon Stone says she swore off plastic surgery after lip injections left her with a trout pout" -- Her quote was, "Plastic surgery isn't like smoking. You can stop.

"Christina Aguilera channels Gaga in new magazine shoot" -- Ouch. Sounds like Xtina is trying to hold onto relevance. Hang on tight, Dirrty girl! You are beautiful, no matter what "they" say.

"Lindsay Lohan is in good standing with court-ordered DUI class" -- The fashion police, however, still have a long-standing beef about those leggings.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 19, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Hey Nick, FYI, your hamburger was probably artifically inseminated....On second thought, I'm not very hungry anymore either.

However does remind me of the time hodie jr was young and driving through the country we saw one lucky bull mating with a cow. He said "Look Mommy, they're dancing!"

Posted by: hodie2 | May 19, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

At the grocery store checkout yesterday there was some magazine claiming that Kristen Stewart of Twilight is pregnant. Is that true? Was it reported here and I just missed it?

I don't follow the series but I do notice that those two take up a lot of celebrity space. A kid seems surprising.

Posted by: Roxie1 | May 19, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

If Kristen Stewart is pregnant, I want to go on record as saying I had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the latest installment of the forthcoming "Wit and Wisdom of Nick Cage, 21st Century Philosopher." Trust me folks. None of us really wants to know where our food comes from, or how they get more. Except maybe vegans who raise their own.

I don't think America needs another documentary on offshore oil drilling right now.

Also for the record I had nothing to do with the female photog that Lilo is not dating.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 19, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

"My life would be better if I had better lips"? Apparently that epidemic is sweeping the nation, and all I can say is God help us ...

That poor cat whose head was photoshopped onto Whackadoodle CCV's body, probably without the cat's permission.

And speaking of whackadoodles, welcome to the club, Nic Cage.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 19, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Speaking further of wackadoodles, it looks like we've got a fun one starting over on the afternoon post re: Rick Bayless at the White House. I wonder if he ever serves popcorn for bar munchies...?

Posted by: northgs | May 19, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

You know I don't want to think about the sex acts of animals when I am eating.

Posted by: epjd | May 19, 2010 8:48 AM

****

What about the eating habits of animals when you are mating?

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 19, 2010 9:33 AM

-------------------------------------------

This interchange reminds me of the chorus from the tune "You Are What You Eat," by bluesman Jim Branca.

You are what you eat, Baby.
And you know that it's true.
And if you are what you eat, Baby,
By tomorrow I could be you.

Branca and his band are denizens of greater Burlington, VT. They put on a good show. They rarely travel further afield than Montreal or Albany.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 19, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

From td:

--------------------------------------------
Will Sharon Stone appear on the cover of the re-issue of Captain Beefheart's "Trout Mask Replica"?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 19, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Does Nick Cage eat oysters? What a sex life they have: "They are protandric; during their first year they spawn as males by releasing sperm into the water. As they grow over the next two or three years and develop greater energy reserves, they spawn as females by releasing eggs." (Wikipedia)

And reading Sharon Stone's remarks, I was reminded of the great Captain Beefheart Album, Trout Mask Replica.

Posted by: kabuki3 | May 19, 2010 8:13 PM | Report abuse

They are probably having the baby because their son died. God bless 4 them!
By the way I found a website that give you prizes for your opinions here is the topic about this Couple:

Posted by: elizabeth_3166 | May 20, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse