Posted at 7:24 AM ET, 05/11/2010

Katy Perry tops Maxim Hot 100 list; Celebs freak out over Twitter meltdown

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly
Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: Katy Perry tops Maxim's Hot 100 list... Barbara Walters to undergo heart surgery... Pregnant Claudia Schiffer poses nude for cover of German Vogue... e*Trade slams Lindsay Lohan in court papers; Michael Lohan asks judge to send Lindsay to in-patient rehab... New Lohan song "leaked" online... "Two and a Half Men's" Angus T. Jones is TV's highest paid kid actor... Muscle-bound Jake Gyllenhaal admits to fear of ostriches... Reese Witherspoon brings new beau to Colin Hanks's wedding.

Video: An incognito Will Ferrell takes the pitcher's mound for a Texas minor league baseball team...

Crime Watch: "Bling ring" member Alexis Neiers pleads guilty to robbing Orlando Bloom's home; gets six month jail sentence... Judge rules transcripts in Roman Polanski case will remain sealed.

Rumor Mill: "Dancing with the Stars" pursuing Betty White?... Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne in screaming match at L.A.'s Chateau Marmont.

Pop Culture Mix: Celebs -- from Justin Bieber to Simon Pegg -- freak out during yesterday's Twitter meltdown... Salary disputes could lead to recasting for "Breaking Dawn"... Colin Farrell to play Chris Sarandon role in "Fright Night" remake... Studios already acting cagey about "Iron Man 3"... "Chuck" appears poised for a fourth season pick-up... New characters will join Snooki, Situation in season two of "Jersey Shore"... Preview of classic Philip K. Dick story hits the iPad... More "Twilight" Barbie dolls coming soon (via Pop Culture Junk Mail)

Video: Evangeline Lilly attempts to explain the "Lost" finale to David Letterman.

Sioux City's homage to Starship somehow manages to make Michael Scott's "Lazy Scranton" look remarkably hip (via Boing Boing):

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | May 11, 2010; 7:24 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, Lindsay Lohan, Reese Witherspoon
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Superlatives: Cast your votes!
Next: 25 things you maybe didn't want to know about Yoko Ono

Comments

"Barbara Walters to undergo heart surgery." And if that's successful, then they're going to try to replace Elizabeth Hasselbeck's straw.

"Muscle-bound Jake Gyllenhaal admits to fear of ostriches." Also, his sister was once bitten by a møøse.

DWTS pursuing Betty White: And they've already ordered an artificial hip off Amazon.com.

"Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne in screaming match at L.A.'s Chateau Marmont." But if they'd had a band, we could have called it a duet.

There are times when David Letterman looks just as hip as Andy Rooney (q.v.). This is one of those times.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 11, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Poor TV industry. Looks like the new ratings "get" will have to be incorporating Betty White into the show!

Posted by: amelia51 | May 11, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Salary disputes could lead to recasting for "Breaking Dawn" - They better rethink that. Hiring actual actors would be even more expensive.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 11, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

A couple of my friends were at that Express game.

I know I'm getting old when I don't recognize half the names on that Maxim Hot 100 list. So if anyone needs me I'll be doing some much over due research.

I still don't know what happened to twitter yesterday, but if we have to sacrifice Justin Beiber to a volcano god, I'm all for it.

Preview of classic Philip K. Dick story hits the iPad...Which is a little ironic given that the replicants are Androids.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 11, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

'"Two and a Half Men's" Angus T. Jones is TV's highest paid kid actor...'

It's to pay for all the therapy he is going to need after having Charlie Sheen as an on-set mentor for seven years.

Posted by: yellojkt | May 11, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, thanks to Celebritology, I've heard of more of Maxxim's hot 100 than I wish I had. Depressingly, they rank the Kartra$hian thing #9 on their hot list, but Scarjo only #14? Owe the humanity! They'll surely be hearing from you and Producer Paul over such a blatant miscarriage of justice!

"Two and a Half Men's" Angus T. Jones is TV's highest paid kid actor.

He'd better rake it in while he can, because he has as little acting talent as that kid who played Roseanne's son. OTOH, the kid who played Jane Curtin's son on "Kate and Allie" seems to be carving out a career as a young adult character actor.

"Dancing with the Stars" pursuing Betty White?

Did they learn nothing from the Cloris Leachman debacle? Keep your dignity, Betty!

byoolin goes to Canada. Habs oust Caps, threaten Pens. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 11, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Shocked to see that Baba WaWa was 80. Per Betty White, Eighty Smeighty!

That E-trade commercial never gets old! Love them all. And quite frankly, I never connected the commercial with Lilo until the lawsuit came out. Guess I'm a little slo on the uptake.

Will Ferrill baseball video not so funny but loved the interview of Dallas Bradens grandma after he threw a perfect game. She said "stick it, A-Rod!"

Hooray, Chuck is sticking around!

Posted by: hodie2 | May 11, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nosy_Parker

****

What can I say, Nosy? Everyone's happy I'm back.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 11, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Incorrect: New Lohan song "leaked" online.

Correct: New Long "song" leaked online.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 11, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Wow. Hard to find anything in this Morning Mix that's not a retread of what I've said before (e.g., Will Ferrell's not funny, Lindsay Lohan needs a cork for her mouth).

"Lindsay Lohan and Avril Lavigne in screaming match at L.A.'s Chateau Marmont." -- Chill out. What you yelling for?

"Colin Farrell to play Chris Sarandon role in 'Fright Night' remake" -- Aren't horror movies usually something you do on your way UP the career ladder (cf. Kevin Bacon, Jamie Lee Curtis)? Clearly that blonde wig in "Alexander" sent our man Colin further down the ranks than I thought.

"'Chuck' appears poised for a fourth season pick-up" -- All I know about this show is that the star was in "Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: The Squeakuel." Which means I've seen on the big screen lots of close-ups of his pores as he leaned down to look at those tiny rodents. I hope "Chuck" is at least entertaining?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 11, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Somewhat correcter: New Lohan "song" leaked online.

Oy.

Posted by: jaybbub | May 11, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Jaybub thanks for the clarification, I was feeling dumber than usual that I couldn't figure out the joke...

If anyone is wondering, I looked 'EXACTLY' like Claudia Schiffer when I was that preggers. I mean except my hair is black not blond, other than that, totally the same.

PS LL rolled over last night for the first time... His nickname is Captain Milkchin.

Posted by: LTL1 | May 11, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

LTL, so did I! Amazing what we have in common. And of course no air brushing needed 'cause cocoa butter works wonders on stretch marks. right.......

Posted by: hodie2 | May 11, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Ah hodie - totally knew we were simpatico. I bet you too were in a televised lingerie fashion show 4 weeks after the birth of your child, looking hotter than the sun wearing ostrich feathers (Jake G was scared, right?).

Posted by: LTL1 | May 11, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Hodie, at first there I thought you were all excited 'cause you had rolled over too!

It's been a rough morning.....

Posted by: jaybbub | May 11, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I can't get that Evangeline Lilly clip to play at all. My work puter has the slows today.

Did she say anything worthwhile or just more "Woe is I!! I werkz in Hawaii & can't getz no privacee EVAR cuz of diz stoopad showz & itz minyuns!!"

Posted by: wadejg | May 11, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

jaybub, I only wish I could've rolled over and gone back to sleep.... Today is just a hateful work day. Glad for the occasional distraction!

Posted by: hodie2 | May 11, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

I thought I read the following headline as "Tiger Woods's swinging coach resigns," and wondered that he'd needed a coach to teach him how to accumulate mistresses. Then I looked again, and realized it said, "Tiger Woods's swing coach resigns."

Never mind. (It's been a tiring day)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 11, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Since he's afraid of ostriches, I bet calling Jake "muscle bound" would hurt his feelings. Not a compliment.

Hank Haney is smart to hit the road on Tiger. Everyone is blaming him for Tiger's poor play, and Tiger doesn't say boo about it. What a tool.

Hodie, the reason you never made the E-Trade/Lindsay connection is because there WAS no connection. Lindsay is delusional. And in other news, the sky is blue.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 11, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I came across an online community for individual seeking interracial love. It is --Mixed connect . c O m--- All singles there are seeking interracial relationships. Interracial is not a problem here, but a great merit to cherish!

Posted by: sallyworking2006 | May 11, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse