Posted at 7:14 AM ET, 05/12/2010

Larry King calls off divorce; 'Glee' creator urges Newsweek boycott

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly
Wednesday

Celebrity Beat: Larry King calls off divorce, moves back in with wife Shawn Southwick... Tiger Woods's swing coach (we're talking golf, people) quits via text message... Britney Spears's agent is now just her boyfriend... Lea Michelle apologizes for supposed diva moment at Time 100 gala... Fans launch Carol Burnett "SNL" campaign... Niecy Nash cut from "Dancing with the Stars"... Justin Bieber claims to be clueless about why he's a target for screaming girls... Sister says "workaholic" Bret Michaels not willing to take a break, despite recovery from a brain hemorrhage... Then 16-year-old Miley Cyrus caught dirty dancing at 2009 "Last Song" wrap party... Preggy Isla Fisher is adorable... Would the real Helen Mirren please stand up?

Crime Watch: Miami woman claims she was attacked by "Jersey Shore's" Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola.

Rumor Mill: Oksana Grigorieva denies Mel Gibson cheated on her... This is supposedly Sandra Bullock's new New Orleans manse... Lindsay Lohan on track to finish alcohol education in July; denies reports of spat with Avril Lavigne... Newly-single Jim Carrey spotted partying with 10-woman entourage.

Pop Culture Mix: "Glee" creator Ryan Murphy pushing for Newsweek boycott in wake of article about gay actors playing straight roles; author responds to criticism, says he wanted to started "thoughtful" dialogue... Comedy Central cancels "Sarah Silverman Show"... Soundtrack for "Twilight: Eclipse" debuts on MySpace this morning at 11 a.m. ET... "Modern Family" to explain lack of gay kissing in upcoming episode... Jennifer Aniston to join Paul Rudd in Judd Apatow-produced "Wanderlust"... "Robin Hood" set to launch Cannes Film Festival... "Fatal Attraction" to become London stage play... Ian McKellen such a good actor, he inadvertently is mistaken for a homeless man... Jezebel presents: six seasons of Hurley saying "Dude" on "Lost" (you'll probably get the gist after the first minute of "Dudes").

Video: "Lost" finale reimagined with "Scooby Doo" ending [via Movieline.com]...

LOST: Those Meddling Castaways

Say What?"
"Wash, shampoo, then condition. Washing works the biceps and then the triceps by conditioning. And vigorously rubbing all of your body with soap really defines the abs and the pectoral muscles. And if you do squats while you’re bathing — that’s it!" -- Jake Gyllenhaal on his "Prince of Persia" fitness routine.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | May 12, 2010; 7:14 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix  | Tags:  Britney Spears, Glee, Larry King, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Profiles in 'Lost' Fandom: Stuart Kizcek
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Across the Sea'

Comments

"Larry King calls off divorce, moves back in with wife Shawn Southwick." Here's hoping the make-up sex doesn't kill him.

When I read the phrase "Tiger Woods' swing coach," I feel just like I imagine how Tiger must feel when he walks into a roomful of skanques.

"Britney Spears's agent is now just her boyfriend." And even then, she's still only giving him 15%.

"Newly-single Jim Carrey spotted partying with 10-woman entourage." I guess we know where Tiger's swing coach is working now.

A Newsweek boycott, really? How's that gonna work? The only people still reading it are its employees.

JeLi, you could rename that Say What? bit "Jake Gyllenhaal's G*y P*rn fitness routine" and it would still make sense. It might even be more accurate.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 12, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Should there be a disclaimer that the Post currently owns Newsweek?

Posted by: subwayguy | May 12, 2010 8:21 AM | Report abuse

"Would the real Helen Mirren please stand up?"

Wow! The wax image of Mirren is amazing.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 12, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Make-up sex is like prison-sex, it doesn't count.

Posted by: jezebel3 | May 12, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

It shouldn't be hard to believe that Justin Bieber is clueless.

Carol Burnett should only host SNL if she wears Mama's drapes for a dress.

It shouldn't be a surprise that Miley was caught dirty dancing. It's in her genes.

For a minute I thought the Crime Watch applied to Sammy Giancana, who has been dead for quite a long time. Then I realized it didn't matter.

I'm sure it's no accident that Oksana's denial of cheating by her SO is right next to an item on Sandy.

Please print a list of celebs that Lilo is NOT rumored to be feuding with.

Why are gay actors playing straight roles still an issue? Didn't anyone see "Spartacus?"

Too bad. I like Sarah Silverman.

Hopefully the Anniston role will not be as a sex kitten. Even in a comedy.

Dude, Jezebel has too much time on his/her/their hands.

JeLi, I'd say you made a good 10% of the male population very happy with that Gyllenhaal word-picture.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

I totally forgot about Lost! I know, I know, how could I ???! That means I'll have to stay clear of celebritology today. Bummer.

Posted by: Guest1234 | May 12, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Tiger Woods's swing coach (we're talking golf, people) quits via text message.

As I noted here yesterday, I didn't realize one needed to be taught how to swing. Also, supposedly Tiger's suffering from a bulging disk. Disk? Is that what you young people are calling it nowadays?

Oksana Grigorieva denies Mel Gibson cheated on her.

Isn't there an equivalent saying in Russian for, "Once a cheater, always a cheater"?

reddragon
Carol Burnett should only host SNL if she wears Mama's drapes for a dress.

I thought those were Scarlett's drapes. Mama's drapes, I wouldn't care to see.

"Fatal Attraction" to become London stage play.

Guess that's one way to manage the rabbit population.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I'm beginning to think that article in Newsweek was an attempt by the staff to force the Post to drop its asking price.

Am I the only one who's a little creeped out by the idea of a Spawn of Borat?

"Modern Family" to explain lack of gay kissing onscreen: oral healthcare provided by Jessica Simpson, DDS?

Dear Mel Gibson's Russian bunny: you're not really in a position to say for sure, now are you?

Posted by: northgs | May 12, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, as long as the dress has the drapery rod and rings. I'll take your word for the provenance.

northgs, that's kinda where I was going with the Sandy reference. Poor Sandy.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

The real question is how does that wax statue look in a red bikini.

What's say we boycott Newsweek and Glee. then everybody wins.

So how long before we start hearing rumors about Jennifer Anniston and Paul Rudd dating?

Britney Spears's agent is now just her boyfriend...I'm confused. Is that a promotion or a demotion?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | May 12, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

As noted, no one would notice a boycott of Newsweek. The article was probably an effort to generate readership through controversy.

Larry King called off the divorce because he doesn't want to be known as "that guy" who was divorced 8 times.

Posted by: epjd | May 12, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Now that Tiger's coach has resigned, who is gonna yell "Schwingggg!" next time they come upon a hot chick?

Lea, dahling, being a Diva means never saying "I'm sorry".

Ok, I'm for Carol Burnett hosting SNL. Then who? Fannie Flagg?

Sammi, Sweetheart, that advice I gave Lea, not so good for you. Say I'm sorry and don't make me come over there.

Nice digs, Sandra. Good for you.

Lost/Scooby video would be better with the Mystery Machine full of Dharma beer. Plus Vincent should have played Scooby, not the polar bear.

Posted by: hodie2 | May 12, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

The real question, Dorkus, is "When you see Helen Mirren in a red bikini, do you 'wax the statue'?"

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 12, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

ep, he's already tied with Zsa Zsa.

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 12, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

ep, reddragon: Also Liz Taylor.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

And Mickey Rooney.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, Paul Rudd is already married...not that that means anything in Hollywood, I suppose.

Posted by: itsme1 | May 12, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

What I want to know is whether Ryan Murphy was gleeful in his call for the boycott.

"Justin Bieber claims to be clueless about why he's a target for screaming girls," as he looks hungrily at the picture of Jake Gyllenhaal's Prince of Persia and the pulsating pectorals.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Well, it was only a matter of time before someone slipped (perils of live tv):

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | May 12, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Sorcerer's Cat, I just looked at that story. Good stuff, especially coming from an attractive woman. But I liked Paul Azinger's Tweet better.

Posted by: northgs | May 12, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

cat and northgs, Toldja so! See my post of 9:56 AM :-)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 12, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse