Posted at 11:55 AM ET, 05/12/2010

Listen up: Tila Tequila is now a pop star

By Liz Kelly

Tila Tequila is back. And here I'm guessing you didn't even realize she'd been on some kind of self-imposed hiatus. It's okay. Neither did we. The reality show D-lister turned 24-hour-a-day Twitterer now fancies herself a recording artist and yesterday released the three-single EP "Welcome to the Darkside."

Tila herself told us about her new pop career herself and previewed the song "Blue Dress" -- in a video she shot herself in her bathroom with her toilet clearly visible in the background -- back in April. (Warning: The video is slightly not safe for work if your workplace has a policy against watching a no-talent wannabe dance around her bathroom while lip-synching along to an iPod):

The other two titles are also available for an online listen. First, the upbeat "Get Me Off." Apparently a love song, it starts subtly enough with the lyric "Spread my legs wide open for you baby." After that, things get kind of racy. Definitely not the next addition to your Justin Bieber-obsessed tween's iTunes library.

Writes Tila of her new material: "It's not really party stuff, and some of the songs on there are very heartfelt and it's a side of me that I have never really shown to the world... until now."

Hmm, I hate to contradict Tila, but I think a lot of people have seen that side of her.

The third single, "Walking on Thin Ice," is good in a "singing into Mr. Microphone while playing a looped track on my Casio keyboard" kind of way. Really, it makes the perfect background music for scanning Tila's Twitter page. Or perhaps contemplating one's relative sanity.

You've been warned. Listen at your own risk.

By Liz Kelly  | May 12, 2010; 11:55 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities  | Tags:  Tila Tequila
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'Across the Sea'
Next: Celebrity commencement speakers: Who's talking and who's on our wish list

Comments

That little Facebook message underneath your post should be corrected to say "Be the ONLY one of your friends to like this."

Posted by: hodie2 | May 12, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm not gonna interrupt my streaming NPR to listen to this, but I'm thinking it would inspire consumption of lower-case, non-Tila-branded tequila. In quantity.

Posted by: northgs | May 12, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Tila Tequila has always been a poop star.

Oh, you wrote "pop star."

Never mind.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | May 12, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Looks more like an audition for a strip club than a music video... but the girls gotta put food on the table, I guess.

Posted by: kvs09 | May 12, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

"Tila Tequila has always been a poop star."

No, Weingarten is the poop star.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | May 12, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Note to self: "Must not read this blog whilst eating". I about choked on an apple reading about Tila "subtle" new song.

Now I know why I keep coming back to ya Liz, inspite of those boring and irritating discussions on LOST. All the OTHER articles just make my day!

Posted by: MDey | May 13, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse