Posted at 8:12 AM ET, 05/26/2010

Tom Cruise opens up about dad, couch jumping; Sandra Bullock to show up for MTV Movie Awards?

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Katy Perry and beau Russell Brand at Tuesday's premiere of Brand's new movie 'Get Him to the Greek' at L.A.'s Greek Theater. (Getty Images)
Wednesday

Celebrity Beat: Tom Cruise opens up about his relationship with his father, couch jumping... Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger is new "Dancing with the Stars" champ | Gallery... Tina Fey tapped to receive Mark Twain humor award... Wyclef Jean asks Brangelina to adopt a child from Haiti... Ellen DeGeneres launches her own record label... Christina Aguilera cancels summer tour... Bono released from hospital after emergency spinal surgery... Mindy McCready home from hospital after being treated for suspected overdose... David Hasselhoff denies he was hospitalized for boozing over the weekend... "Idol" reject Sanjaya Malakar signs with modeling agency... From Buzzfeed, the best Justin Bieber offerings on Etsy.

Rumor Mill: Sandra Bullock may turn out for June 6 MTV Movie Awards... Tiger Woods building new home, complete with oxygen-therapy room... Lindsay Lohan offered role in upcoming Willie Nelson movie; more than you ever wanted to know about Lindsay Lohan's new alcohol-monitoring anklet... Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green set to announce engagement?... Serena Williams and Common split?... Jackson family fires longtime nanny Grace Rwaramba... Mike Myers pal allegedly arrested for defending friend from overzealous paparazzo.

Pop Culture Mix: "Alice in Wonderland" to become sixth movie ever to cross $1 billion mark at global box office... Victoria's Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to replace Megan Fox as "Transformers" female lead... "Family Guy" makes like Precious for Emmy campaign... Where can you see your favorite "Lost" actors next? Sci-fi Wire lists their upcoming projects... Empire Magazine chooses the 50 greatest video game characters of all time... Angry rant: woman goes off on station for broadcasting weather report during "Criminal Minds" finale... "Amityville Horror" house for sale... Google Pac-Man allegedly sucked up 4.8 million hours of productivity (via Geekologie).

Say What?
"You'd be a dead man now if that snake bit you in the balls." -- Danny DeVito recounts how he sucked poisonous snake venom out of Michael Douglas's arm on the set of "The Jewel of the Nile."

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | May 26, 2010; 8:12 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jesse James: 'I lied to everyone.' Viewing public: 'Snore.'
Next: Fashion Statement: Liza Minnelli's 'Sex and the City 2' premiere look -- Fab or just trashy?

Comments

Victoria Secret Model replaces Meghan Fox in Transformers. Proof that acting is not required for this role.

I thought Wyclef Jean was a humanitarian.

Posted by: epjd | May 26, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

"Tina Fey tapped to receive Mark Twain humor award." Oh, shut up, guy who asked every single bloody chat on WaPo yesterday it was too soon. If you care so much, write a letter to Mr. Twain.

So, Bono, Mindy McCready, and David Hasselhoff all walk into a hospital...

Yo, Tiger, is that an "oxygen-therapy room" in the David Carradine sense of the word?

"Lindsay Lohan offered role in upcoming Willie Nelson movie." She's a good-hearted woman in a film with a good-timing man.

"Google Pac-Man allegedly sucked up 4.8 million hours of productivity." And another 8 today while I check the math.

"Really? Because the way you fought off Catherine to do my arm, I thought you were game for anything." Michael Douglas rebuts Danny DeVito

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 26, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Tom Cruise opens up about his relationship with his father, couch jumping.

Liz and Jen, you left out the most snarkable part: It's from Esquire's cover article, "How to Be a Man."

While apparently in this case there was legitimate concern re tornados (no joking matter), who among us hasn't ever gotten royally pi$$ed off at excessive cut-ins for gratuitous and prolonged weather coverage, just because local stations are trying to one-up one another.

Photo caption: Katy Perry and beau Russell Brand...

Why does he look disturbingly like a mass-murderer? Ick nast.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | May 26, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I can absolutely relate to the "Criminal Minds" lady. Love that show. Who needs to worry about tornadoes or whatever? Give us some twisted sadistic serial killers any day!

Posted by: jaybbub | May 26, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

What, no mention of Ann Curry's graduation speech error? And I was all ready.

"Tom Cruise opens up about his relationship with his father, couch jumping" -- I didn't realize the two were related. The Mapother househould must've gone through dozens of plastic slipcovers during the 60s and 70s.

"Tina Fey tapped to receive Mark Twain humor award" -- Well, if the short list also contained Dane Cook, Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler, then they made the right choice.

"Jackson family fires longtime nanny Grace Rwaramba" -- Infuriating! Unless Jo Frost is on tap to replace her, I am not happy with those Jacksons right now.

"Bono released from hospital after emergency spinal surgery" -- I, I feel a SONG coming on!:

Is he getting better?
Or does he feel much pain?
Will it make it easier on him now?
Or will he need a cane?
You say

One back
One spine
When it's one need
To align
One back
We get to bear it
Hurts you baby if you
Don't care for it

(Where's mdreader01 when you need a good song parody?)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 26, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

"Google Pac-Man allegedly sucked up 4.8 million hours of productivity"

Pfft, like I need Pac Man to waste time at work. That's what Celebritology, Cracked & I Can Has Cheezburger is for!

Posted by: wadejg | May 26, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

TD, nice job on the song. Perhaps you'd like to take a crack (*ahem*) at "Backache, Bloody Backache" as well.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 26, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Lose Lost, already - it's over.

Posted by: kabuki3 | May 26, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Just for you, byoolin:

I can't believe my back today
Oh, I need Demerol, the pain must go away
How long, how long must my body ache?
How long? How long?
'Cause today I can go lie down, today

Tearing ligaments on MRIs
Herniated discs compress my size
No, I won't leave the spinal ward
I'll keep my back down
Keep my back down against a board

Backache, Bloody Backache
Backache, Bloody Backache
Backache, Bloody Backache

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | May 26, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Well done, again.

As for your Demerol & MRI requirements, may I suggest you & the rest of the band see our very own Hodie The Roadie.

Posted by: byoolin1 | May 26, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

I might be in danger of losing my celebritology credentials. I don't recognize about 90% of the names in this morning's post.

I do, however, think that hairy guy in the picture needs to button his shirt. Ew. That is just not a good look for a guy.

Posted by: Californian11 | May 26, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I thought Wyclef Jean was a humanitarian.

Posted by: epjd
* * *
Sploot!
Wyclef Jean, Family Planner to the Stars.

Okay, so just haven't gotten on the Tina Fey love train. I just feel like the Mark Twain prize people are (a little belatedly) jumping on the Sarah-Palin-mocking/30 Rock bandwagon. She can write funny one-liners but so can most Celebritologists. Show me a body of work and we'll talk (I don't mean that literally. I don't play on that team. Not that there's anything wrong with that.). However, I am NOT the person who posted the question in every chat yesterday; I don't care THAT much!

-Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | May 26, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

thanks byoolin, sorry the Doc was not in today. See me for your MRI and narcotics tomorrow...

Posted by: hodie2 | May 26, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Lilo in Willie Nelson movie? I gotta quarter sez she plays a crack ho.

Wait

That wouldn't be acting...

Posted by: reddragon1 | May 27, 2010 7:16 AM | Report abuse