Posted at 11:00 AM ET, 06/22/2010

Assessing the 'Green Hornet' trailer

By Jen Chaney

The first trailer for "The Green Hornet" -- a movie that the fan community already has expressed grave concerns about -- has been released. And after watching it, I think it's safe to say that it's going to change ... absolutely nothing.

I am still not sure if Seth Rogen is quite the right fit for the wealthy, suave, hard-partying guy who takes on the role of stealth crime-fighter. And absolutely nothing about the directorial choices I can see in the trailer tells me this is a Michel Gondry movie.

A commenter on YouTube -- one of the ones who wasn't dropping an f-bomb or talking about how awesome Christoph Waltz will surely be in this comic book movie extravaganza ("CHRISTOPH FRIGGIN WALTZ MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) -- described this "Green Hornet" as a cross between "Iron Man" and "Kick-Ass." That sounds about right to me.

But take a look for yourself, then vote in the poll below.

By Jen Chaney  | June 22, 2010; 11:00 AM ET
Categories:  Movies, Pop Culture  | Tags:  Movie Trailers, Movies
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Forget the bikini shots, Helen Mirren goes topless in new photo spread
Next: Parsing our feelings about Michael Jackson

Comments

With that hair-do, and in those suspenders, Mr. Rogen reminds me of Colin Firth....
; )

Posted by: undercover_hon | June 22, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

ugh. i was already having bad feelings before this trailer. and the trailer only confirmed my gut feelings. sadly, this version will set the brand back 20 years before another (hopefully more edgy) version will be attempted. kato looks good, but the green hornet with seth rogen? not exactly prime green hornet material.

Posted by: nejl | June 22, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I am so bummed that Kato Kaelin is not playing Kato. Tho Kato is a little old to be playing Kato, if you get my drift.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 22, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

George Clooney would have been a perfect GrHornet. Seth Rogen?!?? He brings no integrity to the role. I have no desire to see this movie. And no one . . . NO one . . can ever fill Bruce Lee's shoes.

Posted by: redrocket | June 22, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

redrocket-

George Clooney would have been a perfect GrHornet

Of course then, the GH suit would've had nipples.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 22, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Seth Rogen as the Green Hornet? Pfft. Whats next the guy who played Kirk from that new Star Trek as Thor? Oh, wait a sec...

Posted by: ozpunk | June 22, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Isn't it funny how we say this or that actor "could not be" a comic (OK, graphic novel) character? But we do. I think it was Ellen said, "Betty Rubble was taller..."

Still the Cloonster would be totally great.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 22, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Here's what Ellen actually said, "Q: Who were your beauty heroines back then?
A: You know, Betty Rubble was supposedly the pretty, younger one, but I thought Wilma Flintstone was great." So I'm guessing she isn't a big Rosie fan.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 22, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Are you kidding me??? This is going to be an awesome movie!!!!

Posted by: bproulx45 | June 22, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Who the &*($ is Seth Rogen and why is this fat, ugly un-funny guy who couldn't act his way out of Turkish Bathhouse wearing nothing but a speedo in a major motion picture and a summer tentpole to boot? Zackly.

Posted by: biffgrifftheoneandonly | June 22, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse