Posted at 8:17 AM ET, 06/10/2010

Donald Trump wants Lindsay Lohan for 'Celebrity Apprentice'; Tabloid publishes Gary Coleman deathbed photo

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Above: Salma Hayek, Maria Bello and Maya Rudolph freak out when a snake makes a surprise appearance during an "Extra" interview.

Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Donald Trump wants Lindsay Lohan for "Celebrity Apprentice"... Gary Coleman deathbed photo appears on tabloid cover; will executor bans Shannon Price from Coleman's home... Kevin Costner explains his oil spill cleanup ideas to Congress... Snooki and John McCain bond re: tanning beds via Twitter... Bret Michaels describes the "painful injections" he's taking to regain his health: "My legs are black and blue from the thigh to the knee on both sides"... Common confirms split from Serena Williams... "I love my Snuggie" and 24 other things you didn't know about Lil Jon... John Mayer and Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino compare abs at CMT Awards... Tori Spelling worried that husband Dean McDermott will cheat on her... Lady Gaga doesn't tone down her look for sister's high school graduation... Star Jones penning novel about fictional women's daytime talkshow... Justin Bieber loves to Google himself, says Sean Kingston... Suze Orman recovering from emergency appendectomy.

Crime Watch: Attorney general wants Michael Jackson doc Conrad Murray's license suspended... Former maid arrested for stealing more than $100,000 in jewelry from Paula Deen's home.

Rumor Mill: Former BFFs Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow no longer speak... Are Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger planning a secret wedding?... Is "Glee's" Lea Michele a diva?... Is Jason Trawick stepping out on Britney Spears?... Heidi Montag worried she could be pregnant.

Video: Christina Aguilera appears to throw her chewed up gum or lozenge into a crowd of fans before a performance...

Pop Culture Mix: Fourth "Bourne" movie officially a go... Les Grossman movie, starring Tom Cruise and possibly Ben Stiller, really is happening... Popeater thinks Zach Gilford deserves an Emmy nomination for his performance on last week's "Friday Night Lights." Know what? So do we... "Glee" books to start hitting shelves in August... Check out the trailer for "Rango," a collaboration between Johnny Depp and "Pirates of the Caribbean" director Gore Verbinski... More "Avatar" merchandise -- including costumes and bedding -- to arrive in stores this fall. Because, you know, that movie just hasn't made enough money... Original "Dirty Dancing" song demos released... The sorry tale of the 11 screenwriters responsible for "The A-Team"... Want to hear a recording of a poor woman who called tech support and asked them to remove the recent Pac-Man game from her Google homepage? Done.

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | June 10, 2010; 8:17 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Songs that should be covered in 'Glee' season two
Next: Rihanna opens up about Chris Brown, Matt Kemp

Comments

"Donald Trump wants Lindsay Lohan for "Celebrity Apprentice"." Two questions: (1) Is there nothing that that sleaze won't do? and (2) What does LiLo think of the idea?

Before that Congressional committee listened to a word of what Kevin Costner had to say about the oil spill, each member demanded to know what he would have done in a "Swing Vote" scenario involving the representative.

One of the 24 other things I didn't know about Lil Jon begins with the words, "Who the f*** is..."

"Tori Spelling worried that husband Dean McDermott will cheat on her." Didn't help that he said he might, "but only with someone prettier, smarter or a better actress."

Too coincidental: Star Jones is also on a fictional women's daytime talkshow!

"Suze Orman recovering from emergency appendectomy." As opposed to a cosmetic appendectomy.

Is a diamond still worth anything if it's been covered in batter and deep fried?

We're *all* worried that Heidi Montag could be pregnant.

Tomorrow's news: Christina Aguilera's DNA for sale on eBay.

"Les Grossman movie, starring Tom Cruise and possibly Ben Stiller, really is happening." And it will be exactly as good as it sounds.

The sorry tale of the 11 screenwriters responsible for "The A-Team": don't pity the fools.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 10, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

Future Cruise encounter with fan:

Fan: It's Les Grossman! Do Les Grossman!
TC: No
Fan: **ck you.

Posted by: jdonnelly2 | June 10, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Justin Bieber loves to Google himself

-Well, what 16 year old boy doesn't love to google themselves?

Suze Orman recovering from emergency appendectomy.

-And she probably knows the best way to turn that into a tax exemption.

Heidi Montag worried she could be pregnant.

-Heidi, we're all worried about that.

Common confirms split from Serena Williams...

-Well, these things aren't that unCommon

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 10, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Heidi, I know your mamma told you that you can get pregnant from a toilet seat, but that is just not true.

Tori Spelling's worries smack of "Look at me." Because really the only surprise there would be if he wasn't (or was cheating with her mom).

Glee books? yeah, because I watch the show for the well written plots and witty dialogue.

Posted by: epjd | June 10, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | June 10, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

"Donald Trump wants Lindsay Lohan for 'Celebrity Apprentice'" -- For a celebrity whose music and film career seems unsalvageable, LiLo sure attracts flies.

"Kevin Costner explains his oil spill cleanup ideas to Congress" -- Don't listen to him! He's really a double agent working for the Russians! Besides, do you really want advice from a guy whose best role was in a movie called "No Way Out"?

"Fourth 'Bourne' movie officially a go" -- It's going to be called either Bourne In A Trunk, Bourne Yesterday or Bourne Enough Movies Already.

"'Glee' books to start hitting shelves in August" -- This is the stupidest idea ever; it'll make millions. When's the "Glee" movie coming out?

"More 'Avatar' merchandise -- including costumes and bedding -- to arrive in stores this fall." -- I cannot WAIT to buy some Sully sheets and Pandora pillows for my king-of-the-world-sized bed.

"Suze Orman recovering from emergency appendectomy" -- Fodder for her next book, "The Road to Health."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 10, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

I third that motion.

Trivia: Maya Rudolph's mother was the phenomenal singer Minnie Ripperton, who died of cancer when Maya was only about 2.

I'm still holding out for a Les Nessman movie instead.

Bret Michaels describes the "painful injections" he's taking to regain his health: "My legs are black and blue from the thigh to the knee on both sides."

I really do feel for the guy, but still, considering the alternative...

Tori Spelling worried that husband Dean McDermott will cheat on her.

Say, isn't that how Tori landed Dean in the first place?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 10, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore

Not that I think Kevin really knows anything about cleaning up the gulf, but I would argue that his best role was in a movie called "Bull Durham".

Posted by: jes11 | June 10, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, count me among those losing sleep worrying about Heidi producing the spawn of pratt. Can we get a few Hollywood types to come up with a solution for that?

Posted by: jes11 | June 10, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

"Donald Trump wants Lindsay Lohan..." They deserve each other.

"Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow no longer speak..." To us, one hopes. I always thought they were dumb. Does this also mean Madge won't pretend to sing and Gwinnie won't Goop?

Posted by: kabuki3 | June 10, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Kev in "The Big Chill" ;-)))

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 10, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Kev in "The Big Chill" ;-)))

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 10, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

______________________________________

I think that is my favorite Kevin Costner role!

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | June 10, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the Maya/Minnie trivia, Nosy. Ms. Ripperton was one of a kind - for a span of teenage years I tried to hit those high notes with her but only succeeded in annoying the dog.

Posted by: kbockl | June 10, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Per Lea Michele:

Remember the old Rosie O'Donnell joke from when LaToya Jackson posed for Playboy? The one where she said something along the lines of "If I had that body, I'd be grocery shopping naked?"

Well, if I had Lea Michele's voice - which is a major supporting block of the success of "Glee" - I'd probably be a diva, too. And Lea Michele has admitted she's like her character. Ryan Murphy has stated she's like her character. So what's the big deal?

Nice to see the entertainment press is now in the "tear down" phase of covering a hit show/cultural phenomenon they helped to build.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 10, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

OMG, I cannot stop laughing out loud from that snake video. I would say that Maria Bello freaks out, Maya Rudolph keeps it pretty much together and Salma totally and absolutely LOSER HER SH*T! I mean, she is standing on poor Maya's lap with those huge heels on. LOVE IT!

Posted by: evigusano | June 10, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

You guys are mostly on fire today. Can't touch anything out there.

Kabuki, must respectfully disagree. I'm about as far from a Madge fan as one gets. While it does not appeal to me personally, ho CAN sing.

The whole concept of "Glee Books" make about as much sense as booking a mime act for a School for the Blind picnic.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 10, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Truth be told, jes11, I HATED the ending of "No Way Out." I literally left the theatre shouting about how stupid that out-of-nowhere-unbelievable plot twist was.

And you and Nosy_Parker are both right: Kevin Costner's performances in "Bull Durham" and "The Big Chill" top "No Way Out." My bad.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 10, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Whoa! That pic of Madonna is scary. Now we can see the reality of what she'd done to herself, without airbrushing or photoshopping.

How long until XTina's gum or whatever ends up on eBay?

Posted by: Californian11 | June 10, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Spawn of Speidi? Please, Lord, let it not be so.

Posted by: bobsewell | June 10, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

bobsewe;;
Spawn of Speidi?

SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 10, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Was I the only disappointed by the lack of a "money shot" in the Bello/Rudolph/Hayek snake video? I mean, just how big was the snake?

Posted by: FormerDCer | June 10, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Salma may have lost her "sh*t" but I am way impressed with her ability to balance herself on the tiny arm rest of Maya Rudolph's chair in platform stilettos!
Best video of the week!

Posted by: caroleg1 | June 10, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

td, I'm totally in your camp on the end of "No Way Out"--it was the dumbest "plot twist" I've ever seen. I swear, it's like they shot the whole movie and someone suddenly said, "hey, let's ..." and they tacked it on. Just awful.

Bull Durham far and away the best Costner role--the one and only time I ever thought he was sexy, mostly because the character was sexy. I'll also admit a soft spot for his character's goofiness in Field of Dreams.

Absolutely despised Dances with Wolves.

Safe to say Salma has a snake phobia--you can hear Maria trying to calm her down and sheesh, she had to be carried out of there!

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 10, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse