Posted at 7:42 AM ET, 06/25/2010

Fans pay tribute to Michael Jackson on anniversary of his death; fandemonium at 'Twilight: Eclipse' premiere

By Jen Chaney

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, looking happy at the "Eclipse" premiere. (Matt Sayles/AP)

Friday

Celebrity Beat: Fans begin paying tribute to Michael Jackson on anniversary of his death; never-before-seen photo of Jackson to be auctioned; a look back at the first 24 hours after Michael Jackson's death; UPDATE: Read chat with Motown Museum curator Lina Stephens about the early years of Jackson's career... Fandemonium ensues at the L.A. premiere of "Twilight: Eclipse"... Judge rules that Lindsay Lohan must answer more questions about her 2007 car chase... ABC denies that former "Bachelor" Jake Pavelka threatened to punch ex-fiance Vienna Girardi... "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan marries... Jason Bateman booed for cutting in line for iPhone... Pete Quaife, bassist for the Kinks, has died.

Rumor Mill: Jeremy London reportedly suing his own mother... Mel Gibson files restraining order against ex-girlfriend... Did Kate Gosselin get a botched Botox job?

Pop Culture Mix: Speaking of "Twilight," "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" is the top advance ticket-selling movie of the year... Mike Nichols in talks to direct "Great Hope Springs," a film about a couple in marriage counseling that will star Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges... First review of "Inception" confirms it's going to be awesome, and may require Cliffs Notes... Jay Leno now getting worse "Tonight Show" ratings than Conan O'Brien?... Channing Tatum to star in movie The Hollywood Reporter calls the next "Avatar"... Mattel apparently pressing ahead with movie version of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots... For those who still haven't learned to let go: My Life is Lost (found via USA Today's Pop Candy)... Who-Tall-Are-You Mirror tells you how you stack up height-wise compared to other celebrities.

By Jen Chaney  | June 25, 2010; 7:42 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tiffany, Debbie Gibson to swamp-brawl in 'Mega Python vs. Gatoroid'
Next: Talking with John Hawkes, star of 'Winter's Bone'

Comments

Well, creepy quotient has been filled by that MJ album cover pic.

My Life is Lost...so very true. I got a Kohls/Macys/somestoreorother ad in the paper & I'm flipping through it out drops a perfume card....WITH JOSH HOLLOWAY ON IT!!

It was an ad for Cool Water for Men. I'm using it as a bookmark & probably won't throw it away.

Posted by: wadejg | June 25, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Jeez, LiLo can barely remember what she drank before driving *yesterday*, now you want to ask her about 2007?

RIP Pete Quaife.

One side-effect of no longer having a tv: My reaction to "Jay Leno now getting worse "Tonight Show" ratings than Conan O'Brien?" was, "Wait, Jay Leno is still alive?"

"Channing Tatum to star in movie The Hollywood Reporter calls the next "Avatar"." You sure they didn't mean 'Ish-'?

byoolin family trivia: The Lovely Mrs. byoolin's first husband was somehow related to the inventor of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. (On the red side of the family, I believe.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 25, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

"Did Kate Gosselin get a botched Botox job?"

Don't know about the Botox, but she definitely has a botched personality.

Posted by: MStreet1 | June 25, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Where'd everybody go? Did everyone take off early on Friday and I am the only one still working?

Posted by: epjd | June 25, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

epjd - I am here working to keep you company. Just not feeling particularly witty today.

On the radio while driving to work today, the DJ asked if we all remembered where we were when we heard the news about Michael Jackson. I have no idea, but I can tell you what room of the house I was in when I heard that Elvis had died. Can someone explain that for me? I grew up with MJ, as I was approximately the same age. Enjoyed the music of the Jackson 5, but never really got into MJ's music as an adult.

Perhaps the years of listening to punk rock and new wave in college ruined me. I don't know.

Posted by: BMore_Cat_Lover | June 25, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm here, shuffling papers & trying to stay awake at work.

I can remember exactly where I was when I heard about Elvis too.

On the floor, watching Capt. 45 & they broke in w/the news.

As far as where was I when I heard about MJ, I think I was just at home on the sofa after work.

Posted by: wadejg | June 25, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Hi, guys. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about Elvis' death, at home. The news was delivered by Chris Core on WMAL-AM's afternoon drive-time news.

Go USA!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 25, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Still here. Just doing administrative stuff and can't have a drink like I usually do since I have a late afternoon appointment.

I don't remember where I was when I got the news Elvis died. I do remember the news about John Lennon, Princess Diana and Michael Jackson. That says something about me that Dorkus is not allowed to comment on after yesterday.

Posted by: epjd | June 25, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I'm here, too.

I do not remember Elvis' death, and I remember hearing *that* John Lennon died, but not getting why that was a big deal. (What can I say? I was a little kid and my parents had terrible taste in music.) I do clearly remember what I was doing when I heard Princess Diana had died. I remember the when and where of the OJ Simpson verdict, and the Challenger disaster. I don't remember the exact what or where of MJ dying, but I do know I was at work. Will I remember in 20 years? Who knows, but probably not.

Posted by: northgs | June 25, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm here, just late to the party (work so gets in the way of Celebritology sometimes).

I don't remember where I was when the news broke about Elvis or MJ, but I definitely remember where I was when I heard Princess Diana had died.

Nosy, re. your post yesterday about not curtsying to the queen -- just in case I ever meet her, ('cause of course that's likely (snort)), what IS the proper way for an American to greet her?

Posted by: Californian11 | June 25, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Cali, I'd need to look that up, but my recollection is that one neither touches nor speaks to the Queen first. But if she extends her hand to shake yours, then you shake it. If she speaks to you, then you reply politely.

Surely there's a Wiki listing for such protocol.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 25, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse