Posted at 3:23 PM ET, 06/ 4/2010

Jason Bateman locks lips with Dustin Hoffman

By Jen Chaney

Jason Bateman and Dustin Hoffman, pre-kiss: For a moment like this, some people wait a lifetime. (Getty Images)

In what was clearly a last-minute bid for a Best Kiss nomination at this Sunday's MTV Movie Awards, Jason Bateman and Dustin Hoffman shared a very special smooch during last night's L.A. Lakers/Boston Celtics NBA finals game.

The Kiss-Cam reportedly zeroed in on the Academy Award-winning Hoffman, who was seated next to his wife. But he also happened to be seated next to one Jason Bateman. And if you were seated next to Jason Bateman while a Jumbotron demanded that you kiss someone, what would you do? There's really only one option, and Mr. Hoffman demonstrated sound, delicious judgment by exercising it, as the photos prove. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a true Wonder Emporium, Mr. Magorium.

Aside from making me feel hungry for an immediate "Arrested Development" marathon and curious about the possibilities of a "Graduate" remake with Bateman in some sort of age-reversed, Mr. Robinson-type role ("Mr. Bateman, you're trying to seduce me!"), this episode also raised a question in my mind: Which celeb would you like to be sitting next to if a Kiss-Cam zoomed in on you?

Bateman might be on my list, especially given that big-time bedroom look he gave Hoffman. (I mean, seriously, look at that. I thought I was perspiring because it's humid out. Wrong, Chaney. Wrong.)

Who would be on yours'? Dream big, kids, then feel free to share in the comments. If a Bateman/Hoffman pairing can become reality, anything is possible.

By Jen Chaney  | June 4, 2010; 3:23 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: A 'Celebrity Rehab' dream team?
Next: Celebritology Weekend: Sandra Bullock goes public; Sheryl Crow welcomes new son

Comments

Edward Norton.

Ewan McGregor.

James McAvoy.

And Grace Park.

Posted by: MonkeyLover1 | June 4, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Johnny Depp.

Posted by: fmjk | June 4, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Assuming that I have the power to bring dead people back to life and that a desire to kiss a cartoon says nothing about me as a person:

Clark Gable
Prince Philip from Sleeping Beauty

Assuming that people think I'm weird and I now have to pretend that I never wrote the above statements:

Jake Gyllenhaal
Jared Leto (but only from his MSCL days)
Hugh Laurie
Diego Luna

Posted by: misc1997 | June 4, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

misc1997, I recall reading in someone's memoir (forget who any more) that Clark Gable wore dentures and had a monster case of halitosis that because he was a big star no one had the nerve to tell him about, to the point that his co-starring actresses definitely did NOT enjoy their close-up scenes with him. At all.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 4, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

::staring at photo::
::music starts playing::
Oh no. No, no, no, not AGAIN "Ohohohohohhhhhohohoh, oh-oh-oh caught in a rad bromance..."

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | June 5, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse