Posted at 7:28 AM ET, 06/ 3/2010

Kristen Stewart likens fame to rape; Robert Pattinson bust sells on eBay for $1,399

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly
Thursday

Celebrity Beat: Kristen Stewart likens fame to being raped... Kevin Costner and wife welcome their third child, daughter Grace Avery (it's the seventh child for Costner)... "Real Housewives of New Jersey's" Danielle Staub records pop song. Of course.

Video: "Real Housewives of New York's" Kelly Bensimon tapes DIY anti-bullying PSA:

Crime Watch: "New World" actress Q'orianka Kilcher arrested protesting outside White House.

Rumor Mill: Is Prince William ready to pop the question?... Apparently the fact that Mariah Carey dropped out of Tyler Perry's upcoming movie project is proof positive that she's pregnant... Liza Minnelli turns down "Celebrity Rehab" offer... Jennifer Aniston to join cast of "Scream 4"?... Tabloid claims British Fergie slept with "oil tycoons" for cash... Miley Cyrus taking a break from boyfriend Liam Hemsworth?... Did Gary Coleman's ex-wife have authority to pull life support plug?; Shannon Price on 911 tape: "I'm gagging. I've got blood on myself. I can't deal."

Pop Culture Mix: Bust of Robert Pattinson's head sells on eBay for $1,399... Paul Rudd to star in "My Idiot Brother"... An NPR reporter hunts down Bruce, the shark from "Jaws"... New Yorker names 20 best writers under 40... Sam Mendes to direct musical of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and film adaptation of Ian McEwan's "On Chesil Beach"... Religious leaders prepare to protest upcoming animated Comedy Central Jesus project... A peek at new "Firefly" comic, co-penned by Patton Oswalt... New geek item to covet: the "Ghostbusters" proton-pack backpack.

Chat Day! Join us at 2 p.m. ET for this week's Celebritology Live discussion.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | June 3, 2010; 7:28 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Your take on Russell Brand
Next: Fashion Statement: Hanging out with Christina Ricci

Comments

What does Kelly Bensimon have to say about bullying? "Don't bully, or I'll lock you in a room upholstered to match this chair until you beg for mercy"?

Angry Christians protest Comedy Central's Jesus cartoon before it's anywhere near ready to air. Is this the mountain coming to Mohammed, perhaps?

Posted by: northgs | June 3, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Before all the agenda-driven posters can get on, let me say that Kristen Stewart is obviously not familiar with rape.

Based on the White House's latest celeb consultants on the oil spill, there's no reason Pocahontas shouldn't help determine foreign policy.

Looks like Celebrity Rehab may have to change it's name. Altho DWTS didn't, and I still watch it.

Fergie apparently has the same philosophy as 30s bank robber Willie Sutton did. "That's where the money is."

Sounds like the Shannon Price item should be under "Crime Watch."

wtf? I expected at least one of you would be on the NYT Best Writers list.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 3, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Paul Rudd to star in "My Idiot Brother"...I didn't realize they were making a movie about Jeb Bush.

Being a ginger notwithstanding, if I were going to pay to sleep with one of the Fergies, I think I'd have to go with the one that gave me the most bang for my buck. And I just don't think it would be the Duchess.

Bust of Robert Pattinson's head sells on eBay for $1,399...This headline would be a lot better if it didn't include the first two words.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 3, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

"Kristen Stewart likens fame to being raped." Then why do we publish famous people's names and photos?

"Is Prince William ready to pop the question?" Yes, but the question is, "Does this hat make my ears look big?"

"Liza Minnelli turns down "Celebrity Rehab" offer" because her good see-through pantsuit is still at the dry cleaners.

"Tabloid claims British Fergie slept with "oil tycoons" for cash." Another thing that BP CEO Tony Hayward isn't proud of these days.

Either it's the early hour or wishful thinking, but I could have sworn I read "Bust Robert Pattinson's head for $13.99." (Let's ask Kristen if that, too, is like fame, or if it's more akin to 'moderately well-known in one's hometown.')

"Religious leaders prepare to protest upcoming animated Comedy Central Jesus project." All I said was, 'This was bread's good enough for Jehovah.'

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 3, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Latest headlines: "Former 'World's Ugliest Dog' Miss Ellie dies at 17."

But I heard she had a really nice personality.

Tabloid claims British Fergie slept with "oil tycoons" for cash.

Now if only she'd been more strenuous with Dick Cheney while he was still at Halliburton, the course of history might well have been better.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 3, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Damn, Nosy! Excellent thought.

To expand reddragon's reference to Willie Sutton, that's not only where the money is, that's where the Dick is.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 3, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

RIP Rue McClanahan. You were always so much fun to watch perform.

Posted by: badgerfan1 | June 3, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Second badgerfan1's sentiments. Now only Betty White is left, and she was the eldest.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 3, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

The AP report on the Gary Coleman 911 call does not reflect well on Shannon Price. She refuses to follow the 911 operator's instructions to care for Gary Coleman because she says "she has health issues, too."

You got health issues, Shannon. And your (ex?)husband is having a life-threatening emergency. Just deal with it, beeyotch!

Poor Gary. Taco Shannon won that wrestling match. She needs to go to Taco Hell.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 3, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

ROFL, Nosy!!!! Loved that. :-)

Tie a knot in it, Kevin.

"I'm gagging. I've got blood on myself. I can't deal." -- so much for that vow of "for better or worse, in sickness and in health" ...

RIP Rue McClanahan and Miss Ellie. In dog heaven, Miss Ellie wins the accolade of "most beautiful".

Posted by: Californian11 | June 3, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Sas and Californian, I'm still applying brain-bleach to get the Fergie-Cheney image out of my mind's eye.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 3, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Shannon Price: "I'm gagging. I've got blood on myself. I can't deal." Which are the exact same words uttered by Robert Pattinson after his first date with Kristen Stewart.

Posted by: 7900rmc | June 3, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse