Posted at 7:56 AM ET, 06/ 9/2010

Lindsay Lohan posts bail on new arrest warrant; Heidi Montag files for legal separation

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Lindsay Lohan at Sunday's MTV Movie Awards. (AP)
Wednesday

Girl Trouble: A little alcohol-monitoring bracelet shouldn't stop a girl from a post MTV Movie Awards cocktail, should it? Well, if you're Lindsay Lohan the answer is no, and yes. A California judge yesterday issued an arrest warrant and doubled Lohan's bail to $200,000 after the trouble-plagued actress's SCRAM anklet reportedly "indicated the presence of a small amount of alcohol [in Lohan's system] on Sunday night," according to lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley.

Lohan herself wasted no time defending herself via Twitter, writing "i did not violate anything .. at all," and "My scram wasn't set off-Its physically impossible considering I've nothing for it to go off-All of these false resports [sic] are absolutely wrong."

Bail was posted almost immediately and -- barring more violations -- Lohan is due back in court on July 6.

Celebrity Beat: Heidi Montag files for legal separation from Spencer Pratt... Gary Coleman's 1999 will filed in Utah; ex-wife hopes to scatter Coleman's ashes around train tracks... Shania Twain officially divorced... Michael Lohan planning to open New York nightclub... Listen up ladies: "Lost's" Josh Holloway hates granny pants... "Jersey Shore's" JWoww debuts "Filthy Couture" clothing line.

Crime Watch: Car owned by Kanye West stolen and crashed in Hawaii... Ja Rule's gun trial set for August.

Rumor Mill: Larry King's wife rushed to hospital for alleged overdose in May | 911 call audio... Tom Cruise's MTV Movie Awards performance took three months to prepare... Ex-bodyguard accuses Britney Spears of sexual harassment... Jennifer Aniston to play "sex-obsessed dentist" in new movie... Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds to renew vows after a year of marriage... Katy Perry buys beau Russell Brand a trip to space for his birthday.

Bonus: Top 10 "Sad Keanu Reeves" images.

Pop Culture Mix: A review of Conan O'Brien's "antic, hilarious" road show as it stops in D.C. | Gallery... Is Indiana Jones headed to the Bermuda Triangle for fifth movie?... "Lost" season six DVD will answer important question: What was up with the Dharma food drops?... "Hawaii Five-O," "Sons of Anarchy" to bring panels to Comic-Con... Producer Mark Wahlberg says the end of "Entourage" is in sight, but don't count out a movie... Ralph Macchio has mixed feelings about "Karate Kid" remake... Jimmy Fallon's "Late Night" ratings dropped 20 percent in the last year... Two stories from the late, "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" author Stieg Larsson discovered... Ricky Gervais's serious coming-of-age film, "Cemetery Junction," will go straight to DVD in U.S. David Tennant of "Doctor Who" and Christopher Mintz-Plasse join "Fright Night" remake... The A.V. Club chats with '80s movie bad guy William Zabka... Got eight minutes to spare? Then check out this very gory, NSFW trailer for "Mortal Kombat."

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | June 9, 2010; 7:56 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The same-sex kiss gag: Yeah, it's getting old
Next: Fashion Statement: Willow Smith, girl gone wild

Comments

LiLo's getting bad legal advice if she's defending herself on Twitter. Why, that little bird - never mind the fail whale - doesn't even have standing to address the court. This whole damn system's out of order!

Heidi's filing for legal separation will nicely complement the physical separation imposed by the giant field of static electricity generated by her enormous plastic shoes.

Jennifer Aniston as a dentist? Riiiiiiight. Try to picture her with the pliers, asking, "Is it safe?"

"Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds to renew vows after a year of marriage." AH-HAH!!!!!!

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 9, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

LiLo needs some real jail time.

Posted by: nonsensical2001 | June 9, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds to renew vows after a year of marriage...Oh thank the FSM!

I hope someone tells David Tennant that you can fight vampires with a sonic screwdriver. Actually, no, I take that back, the Doctor did in fact just face off against vampires, so well, there you go.

I think Russel Brand might need to start worrying if Katy Perry starts calling him Major Tom...

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 9, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for that Billy Zabka article. He seems to have really embraced his inner bully & moved on while paying tribute to it.

I think when you play such an iconic character you either say "OK, I'm Johnny now & forever after" & embrace that character or you end up going crazy because all they want from you is Johnny & you won't give them Johnny because you're capable of being the anti-Johnny.

I'm lookin' at YOU Tina Louise & Evangeline Lilly!

Because there's plenty of $$$ to be made at conventions being that character & siging those pics of you as that character.

Than con dough will come in handy when you can't afford a cuppa joe because you spent all your "Johnny" money on hookers & blow because you thought you'd be a big star forever by NOT being typecast as Johnny.

Posted by: wadejg | June 9, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Yeah sure the bracelet "just went off for no reason." Judges love that excuse. Ranks right up there with "not my pants." Ooops.

Yeah, "Filthy" is not a word I want associated with any clothing I wear. I predict LiLo leggins will outsell this line.

He married and divorced since 1999 and nevr updated his Will? C'mon folks. Do it for those you leave behind.

Posted by: epjd | June 9, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

On that Mortal Kombat trailer, it's not really a trailer, just a teaser put together to get interest from Warner Brothers to develop a new MK franchise.

Posted by: wadejg | June 9, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Nice jammies, Lilo. Re Twitter, get a clue from Elizabetta Canabis.

Sorry, Shania, that don't impress me much.

Hey, now I can go to Michael Lohan's club with Shania and Heidi. Nooooo!

Can't see the pic of Holloway in granny pants. Are they pleated?

"Kanye West's car stolen and crashed" there IS a God.

PSA: Stop the 911 call publishing madness.

Your majesties, how many times I gotta tell you not to use "Anniston" and "sex" in the same sentence?

Katy, a lot of us would like to see Russell in space.

I beleive Indiana Jones has been lost in the Bermuda Triangle for some time. Let's hope Ford's face hasn't melted like the Nazis in "Raiders."

So Macchio wanted to be in the remake like David (Can't find a hooker in Bangkok) Carradine did with the "Kung Fu" TV series.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 9, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

The Court should order LieLow to take Antabuse every day, and pay for a nurse to make sure she takes it? That way, if she drinks, she gets really sick. Oh, I guess I just answered my own question...

Posted by: kabuki3 | June 9, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Why doesn't the Court order LieLow to take Antabuse every day, and pay for a nurse to make sure she takes it? That way, if she drinks, she gets really sick. Oh, I guess I just answered my own question...

Posted by: kabuki3 | June 9, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

C'mon folks. Do it for those you leave behind.

Posted by: epjd

*****

Who says I'm going to leave anyone behind?

And three cheers to reddragon for (i) "Elizabetta Canabis" and (ii) "David (Can't find a hooker in Bangkok) Carradine." Very nice work, kid.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 9, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Not to get picky, Byoolin, but Olivier wasn't using pliers on Hoffman, it was a dental pick. Dustin and I had the same dentist a few years after that movie, and it was an unnerving experience each time I hit the chair.

Posted by: kabuki3 | June 9, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

"Sad Keanu Reeves"

My day is made. I love you, Internet, never change.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | June 9, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

I just wanna note that I think it's awesome that Ralph Macchio named his son "Daniel" after his "Karate Kid" character. Kinda like Neil Patrick Harris says he's protective of "Doogie Howser" since it elevated him to stardom, it's nice to see another actor acknowledge the role that made them famous.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 9, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds to renew vows after a year of marriage...

But did they skip the matching tatoos step in their rush to get through the Hollywood marriage break-up process?

Or do the tatoos come next?

Posted by: Amelia5 | June 9, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

kabuki
"...it was an unnerving experience each time I hit the chair."

SPLOOT!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 9, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Chasmo, I thought Ralph Macchio was adorable on "Ugly Betty" as Hilda's suitor.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 9, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

thx,byoo

praise means alot coming from a pro

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 9, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: kabuki3

****

Of course you're right, kabuki3. (I don't suppose you'd buy my argument that I meant to imply that while Sir Laurence's acting skills are so fine that he could use a dental pick, Ms. Aniston's are such that a somewhat less precise instrument as pliers - or perhaps a hammer - would be more appropriate.

I didn't think so, either. But it is a nice metaphor, no? Maybe I can use it another time.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 9, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Are? Were.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 9, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

OMG!! LiLo is wearing pants!

Oh, no! Although I thought she was too young to marry, I was really rooting for Scarlett's marriage to defy the odds and work out.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 9, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Jennifer Aniston has acting skills?

Posted by: kabuki3 | June 9, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I was thinking of fairly large and unwieldy pliers, k3.

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 9, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Katy Perry buys beau Russell Brand a trip to space for his birthday. Heidi Montag files for legal separation from Spencer Pratt and hopes that Katy Perry takes up with him once Russell Brand is out of the picture.

Or maybe that's just me.

Posted by: mdreader01 | June 9, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone else noticed that the age difference between Tipper Gore and her soon-to-be-ex son-in-law Andrew Schiff is exactly the same as that between Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher? Not that it's significant, or is it? Just sayin'...

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 9, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Sort of on the same subject, I thought it was pretty funny/karmic retribution/something that Shania Twain hooked up with the ex-husband of her husband's bit on the side. (Who, I might add, is orders of magnitude hotter than Mutt Lange.)

Posted by: Californian11 | June 9, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Californian, weren't there a couple of MLB players (Yankees? Mets?) who wound up swapping wives several years ago?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 9, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

LOL -- don't know! Probably. As far as I can tell, a lot of celebrity dating seems to be musical chairs.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 9, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Heidi Montag will need a Playtex 18-hour bra to effect the separation.

Shawn Southwick overdosed on Larry King.

Dorkus, time to start the 6-month countdown to the time when you can ask out ScarJo.

Josh Holloway has just crushed Betty White's heart.

Dear Shannon Price, In recognition of Gary Coleman's long, long period of involuntary virginity, you should scatter his ashes from a train as it passes into a tunnel. Gary would have appreciated the symbolism.

Tom Cruise's MTV act took 3 months to prepare. That's nothing. Cruise's closet is a lifetime project.

JWoww, look for a law suit on your "Filthy Coture" from Mike Rowe.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 9, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, more than several. See espn.go.com/page2/s/list/baseball/shocking/moments.html re Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson in 1974.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 9, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

LiLo and Heidi are on their way to being the next Anna Nicole Smith. They should read "The Killing of Anna Nicole Smith". It might help them clean up their act.

Posted by: fnnov11 | June 9, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

reddragon, I thought there were two couples more recently ('90s).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 9, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse