Posted at 7:47 AM ET, 06/22/2010

Michael Jackson estate made $1 billion in last year; 'Bachelor' Jake Pavelka single again

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: Michael Jackson estate has made $1 billion since star's death a year ago... Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr engaged... Kathie Lee Gifford's son gets a summer job reviewing movies for "Today"... Anna Nicole Smith judge Larry Seidlin (who coincidentally has a new book on the topic coming out today) wants the case reopened... Celebs help Larry King raise $1 million in Gulf Coast telethon... Ex-"90210" stars "hate me," says Tori Spelling... To coincide with his "General Hospital" return, James Franco visits "The View" next week... Chris Klein checks into Utah rehab... Jewelry given to Anne Hathaway by now-imprisoned former boyfriend set to be auctioned... Slipknot bassist Paul Gray died of morphine overdose.

Crime Watch: Lil Wayne makes plea deal on Arizona drug charge... Fat Joe investigated for sexual assault... Accused Audrina Patridge stalker pleads no contest.

Rumor Mill: Lindsay Lohan (and SCRAM bracelet?) to pose nude... Madonna adding a floor to her New York townhouse to house private gym.

Pop Culture Mix: Gwyneth Paltrow, Bradley Cooper and Bruce Willis loosely attached to star in next, top-secret M. Night Shyamalan movie... Meet new "Glee" rival for Lea Michele's Rachel, YouTube star Charice... "True Blood" renewed for fourth season... "American Idol" drops its age limit... Pics from the upcoming fourth season of "Mad Men"... The history behind the debacle that is "Jonah Hex"... A Salon writer gets drunk and depressed at Harry Potter's Wizarding World... Patton Oswalt joins cast of "A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas"... Geek gadget alert: Remote-control Tron Legacy Light Cycle... From the weird tattoo files: Google It knuckle tats (Speaking of, can I get the Google Pac-Man interface tattooed on me? And in a way that allows me to play Pac-Man on my left ankle?)

Say What?
"This is the day my earth dad wishes he had worn a condom. No joke." -- Spencer Pratt's Father's Day tweet.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | June 22, 2010; 7:47 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Five perfect movies to watch on the first day of summer
Next: Forget the bikini shots, Helen Mirren goes topless in new photo spread

Comments

Michael Jackson estate has made $1 billion since star's death a year ago.

Good career move.

Madonna adding a floor to her New York townhouse to house private gym.

Because she apparently doesn't get enough exercise already.

Heincer's male half: "This is the day my earth dad wishes he had worn a condom."

He's not the only one. (Though what's this about a non-earth father?)

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 22, 2010 8:18 AM | Report abuse

"Michael Jackson estate has made $1 billion since star's death a year ago." Proving not only the truth of the saying about death and taxes, but also nailing the order in which they occur.

Yes, let's reopen the Anna Nicole Smith case: and this time make the kid testify.

See, this is what I love about America: put Larry King and Justin Bieber on tv and you can convince people to donate a million bucks to help out an oil company with the expenses for a disaster it caused.

Tori, honey, you're so, so, SO wrong. It's not just Ex-"90210" stars who hate you. (Dean, f'r'instance.)

"Lindsay Lohan (and SCRAM bracelet?) to pose nude..." How is this woman not a member of the cast of Jersey Shore?

"Patton Oswalt joins cast of 'A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas'" - just to make sure nobody steals his jokes.

"Can I get the Google Pac-Man interface tattooed on me?" It might be just me, but when I play that sentence in my head, it sounds *filthy*. Thanks, JeLi.

Spencer, can we assume that Mother's Day is the day your mom wished she hadn't drank so heavily in her second and third trimesters?

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 22, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Wonder if Orlando Bloom likes Ozzie beer, too.

Can we please get Cody Gifford to REPLACE KLG?

Tori, I now must re-evaluate my opinion of the 90210 cast's intellectual prowess.

Can we take up a collection to pay Lilo NOT to pose nude?

Remind me to miss the M Night Shyamalan movie.

Perhaps drunk is the best way to see Wizarding World.

Yeah, Spence. Don't we all.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 22, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Spencer, I'm sure on Father's Day, your Earth father was thinking of this quote from Buford T. Justice:

"There's no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!"

I'm not going to comment on LiLo's photoshoot since I got called out yesterday for treating a different 24 as a piece of meat. (Although let's be honest at this point LiLo is starting to look a bit like an over tenderized flank steak)

Chris Klein checks into Utah rehab... If only he had done this 8 years ago we could've been spared from Rollerball.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 22, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

"Michael Jackson estate has made $1 billion since star's death a year ago" -- He was in such debt; how is it possible the estate made a profit? (Hint: A certain someone hasn't taken his veiled kids on any $300,000 shopping sprees lately.)

"Kathie Lee Gifford's son gets a summer job reviewing movies for 'Today'" -- During his breaks from reviewing movies, Cody's going to walk around the studio handing out $100 bills. (A little something his dad taught him on how to hang with the common folk.)

"Chris Klein checks into Utah rehab" -- Something tells me Tom Cruise is behind Klein's needing rehab. Call it a hunch.

"'American Idol'" drops its age limit" -- Talented over-28s still can't cut a break.

"Lindsay Lohan (and SCRAM bracelet?) to pose nude" -- Recycling career ideas already, Lindsay? Just promise me Ungaro isn't going to release a SCRAM line.

"Madonna adding a floor to her New York townhouse to house private gym." -- Where does she work out now, Bally's? Seems like yesterday I saw her at the Glen Burnie Holiday Spas waiting for someone to finish on the treadmill.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 22, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Audrina Partridge stalker pleads no contest "Sure I stalked her, but does anyone care?"

See that nepotism is working out great for you Kody.

Now maybe MJ's creditors can get paid. You know all those folks who he believed just gave him stuff because he was MJ? Yeah, those folks who actually expected to be paid according to the contracts he signed.

Dorkus, but you are also forgetting that their Majesties quoted you in their column. The dippie calling out was in the comments. Which is more prestigious?

Posted by: epjd | June 22, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Props to Dorkus for invoking the memory of the late, great Jackie Gleason.

And td, as for your assertion that "Talented over-28s still can't cut a break," I wouldn't worry. As a wise man once told me, in all likelihood the reality won't match the hype ("I thought it'd be bigger").

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 22, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

ep

So MJ was the Salahis' role model?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 22, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: byoolin1

I'm thinking she wishes she hadn't drank so heavily 9 months before his birth.

Jake & Vienna? I thought for sure those two crazy kids could make it work.

Posted by: jes11 | June 22, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Point taken, byoolin. ;)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 22, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Well, it stands to reason that now that there isn't a constant drain on MJ's finances from plastic surgery, drugs, and dollies, the bank balance is much healthier.

Oh Tori Lollipop-head Spelling, do shuddup.

What would LiLo gain by posing nude? We have already seen everything. Multiple times. We're not interested.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 22, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse