Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 06/ 4/2010

Miley Cyrus simulates girl-on-girl kiss; Parents want custody of Gary Coleman's remains

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney

Updated at 9:50 a.m. ET to add Pop Culture Mix.

Friday

Celebrity Beat: Miley Cyrus simulates girl-on-girl kiss during "Britain's Got Talent" performance... Gary Coleman's parents seek custody of his remains; ex says she pulled the plug on life support because "he wouldn't have made it anyway"... Betty White says Rue McClanahan's death "hurts more than I ever thought"... Sean Penn says ex Robin Wright is "a ghost to me now"... LeAnn Rimes doesn't regret affair with Eddie Cibrian... David Carradine's widow suing film company for husband's death... Four-year-old Suri Cruise has her own iPad... "Saved by the Bell's" Mark-Paul Gosselaar and wife split... How many Justin Biebers can you take in a fight?

Crime Watch: Lindsay Lohan tested positive for cocaine at the time of her 2007 DUI arrest (but has passed two recent drug tests).

Rumor Mill: Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt laughing over "fake" split, claims pal... Dad still has control of Britney Spears's finances... Adrien Brody says January Jones is "just a friend"... Pointer Sister Bonnie Pointer signs on to "Celebrity Rehab"... Gwen Stefani spends $15,000 on son's fourth birthday party... Bethenny Frankel pretty much confirms that she's leaving "Real Housewives of New York"... Does Amy Winehouse's new boyfriend have another woman on the side?

Pop Culture Mix: "Modern Family" leads TV Critics Association award nominations... Daniel Craig reportedly close to being cast as lead in David Fincher's "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"... A modern, big screen version of "Snow White" in development... Jeremy Renner close to joining "Avengers" cast... Where is "Star Wars" Kid now? Apparently he's a lawyer... Release of Jim Carrey/Ewan McGregor film "I Love You, Phillip Morris" delayed yet again due to court injunction.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | June 4, 2010; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Predicting the MTV Movie Award winners
Next: Friday List: A 'Celebrity Rehab' dream team?

Comments

"Simulates"? Miley, honey, hot *actual* lesbians are really fairly common. The only people who are finding your antics arousing are your family preacher and Billy Ray.

Gary Coleman's parents seek custody of his remains: so much for the sweet release of death.

"Four-year-old Suri Cruise has her own iPad." I don't think any of us would be surprised to read that she has her own iSland.

Bonnie Pointer? (1) Really? Those "Celebrity Rehab" folks weren't kidding when they said they couldn't find anyone.

Bonnie Pointer? (2) I'm so excited!

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 4, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

So is Miley gonna do EVERYTHING Brit-brit did. I'm guessing the pants go next.

Of course Leann Rimes doesn't regret her affair with the guy she's currently with.

Let me get this straight. Mrs. Carradine is suing the film company because the gofer did NOT hire a prostitute? Does that make sense, ep?

Any guy that hooks up with Amy Winehouse BETTER have plan B in his pocket.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 4, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

Sean Penn says ex Robin Wright is "a ghost to me now."

Bet that makes their kids respect their dad so much more, NOT.

reddragon
So is Miley gonna do EVERYTHING Brit-brit did. I'm guessing the pants go next.

Don't forget the head-shaving, and the pink wig. At least Britney got married before she got pregnant, though.

Dad still has control of Britney Spears's finances.

Billy Ray, you gonna grab Miley's $$$, too?

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt laughing over "fake" split, claims pal.

Heincer, you never heard of "the boy who cried wolf"? Sooner or later (and I hope it's sooner) we'll all just ignore you, no matter what you announce.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 4, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Redragon, depends on his contract. If the contract called for the studio to provide a prostitute, then they are in breach.

Nosy, considering how we tend to spell a$$ around here to avoid the censors, your Billy Ray comment was so apropos.

Posted by: epjd | June 4, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: epjd | June 4, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

"Sean Penn says ex Robin Wright is 'a ghost to me now'" -- Like a Dead Penn Walking, one might say.

"Bonnie Pointer signs on to 'Celebrity Rehab'" -- No way to control it, she's totally a drug addict. Let's hope for a big rebound.

"Gwen Stefani spends $15,000 on son's fourth birthday party" -- The first $500 of that went to signing on Jon Gosselin to make balloon animals.

"Four-year-old Suri Cruise has her own iPad" -- The Make My Daddy Jump Up And Down On Miss Oprah's Couch app is her favorite, but Mommy Needs Another Ritual Cleansing Sauna is up there too.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 4, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

ep, I never even thought of that!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 4, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Until Rue McClanahan's obit yesterday, I never realized she played the female lead in the original cast of the incendiary 1967 counterculture play "MacBird":

The cast of then-unknowns also included Stacy Keach, William Devane, John Clark (future Mr. Lynn Redgrave) and Cleavon Little in his professional acting debut.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 4, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Miley is certainly taking the expressway to Britney territory isn't she.

So I guess Zack and Slater can finally be together now.

I can take 28 Biebers in a fight!

Gary Coleman's parents seek custody of his remains;
-They said they just had a small request.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 4, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

I can take 23 Biebers in a fight!! GO ME!!

Posted by: wadejg | June 4, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Miley,
That is the least sexy fetish wear since Rose O'Donnell in 'Exit To Eden.' Stick to plain vanilla, sweetie.

Posted by: yellojkt | June 4, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Sean Penn says ex Robin Wright is "a ghost to me now."

No, no, no - she's only mostly dead. See, there's a big difference between mostly dead, and all dead.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | June 4, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Thank you ever so much for the Daniel Craig link! It made my morning.

Let's send some Friday lurve to the families of Rue McClanahan and Gary Coleman. And let's hope (probably futile, I know) that Gary Coleman's family doesn't dissolve into a steaming mass of repulsive greed and dysfunction.

Posted by: jaybbub | June 4, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

"Gary Coleman's parents seek custody of his remains." I guess they're having tacos this weekend.

"Adrien Brody says January Jones is 'just a friend'"He's waiting for Miss March before striking up a serious relationship.

"Lindsay Lohan tested positive for cocaine at the time of her 2007 DUI arrest (but has passed two recent drug tests)." How is she able to beat the test?

" Miley Cyrus simulates girl-on-girl kiss during "Britain's Got Talent" performance."
Ladies & Gentlemen, may I present the next Madonna: Miley Cyrus. See her now before her arms turn into ropes.

Robin Wright a ghost? Inconceivable!!!

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | June 4, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Posted by: GroovisMaximus61 | June 4, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Sas-Say what you will about Madonna, but I think that would be a pretty good outcome for Miley! Long successful music career, bajillions of dollars, weird personal life, but no one's perfect.

Posted by: talleyl | June 4, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Talleyl, you're talking to an 8-foot tall guy covered in hair who lives in a cave with a woman who looks just like him. He knows all about "weird personal life."

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 4, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, you may not have thought of that, but ep and I did.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 4, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

reddragon1, I wasn't yet sufficiently caffeinated.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 4, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Jaybbub, the Coleman family dysfunction won't be steaming - it sounds like they've already got it down cold.

Posted by: northgs | June 4, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

And in related news, Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien simulate guy-on-guy kiss.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | June 4, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately, jaybbub, I think that ship has sailed.

OK, it's official. If I NEVER hear the name Miley Cyrus again, it'll be too soon.

I really just cannot believe Anne Carradine's nerve. Um, honey, how are your late hubby's whackadoodle sexual habits anyone else's responsibility?

Posted by: Californian11 | June 4, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to offer my thanks for the Daniel Craig link as well. I am available to play the lead female role. I can catch the evening flight from Dulles to LA if I can get my kitchen pass signed. Could someone please let the studio know?

and Miley: oy. I'm so glad my tweenager lost interest in you a while ago. But I guess this is why you are screaming for attention. Hey, listen, your shelf life is over. Go to college, and become a productive adult. Take on some real responsibility in life, and earn some respect. You are looking rather pathetic -like a 3 year old that wants attention.

And Anne Carradine's suit should have stated that her husband needed a babysitter, not an assistant. Go ahead and try to milk the dead cow....

Oh, and I can take on 27 Biebers. Which is great because I am desperately waiting for this to pass - just like Miley did....

Posted by: anonymouslurker | June 4, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Thank you Groovis and Sas for the awesome Princess Bride references. You want inconceivable? One of my associates on this movie has actually never seen the Princess Bride. I didn't think it was possible.

Calling Heincer, Beiber and Cyrus -- your first class tickets on the Manhattan Project are waiting for you at the gate.

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 4, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

cat, I've never seen Princess Bride either. Some things in life just seem to fall through the cracks.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 4, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I have never seen it either! I have no idea why, but it's on cable regularly so one of these days I'll plunk myself down and watch it.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 4, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Not watching Princess Bride is a sin against pop culture. Go watch it. I mean, there's a character in tight black leather with a mask, weilding a long rod of steel with impressive skill. Now that's fetish wear!

**I didn't want to spoil the story! You know what I mean!**

Posted by: DCCubefarm | June 4, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse