Posted at 7:14 AM ET, 06/14/2010

New Gary Coleman will surfaces; Brad Pitt trims his beard

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney
Monday

Celebrity Beat: New Gary Coleman will surfaces, leaving his money to mystery woman... Denzel Washington, Scarlett Johansson win big at Tony Awards... Breaking news! Brad Pitt trimmed his beard... BP buys into Kevin Costner's oil spill solution... Diddy defends his right to give 16-year-old son $360,000 car... Bam Margera hospitalized after alleged attack from baseball bat-wielding woman... Michael Jackson's dad now blames his wife for son's death... Singer, sausage maker Jimmy Dean dead at 81.

Crime Watch: January Jones was not under the influence in car crash, says LAPD rep.. Shawn Johnson stalker found guilty... Chase Crawford could spend six months in jail for pot possession... Rapper Kid Cudi arrested in New York on criminal mischief, drug possession charges.

Rumor Mill: Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger not engaged... Jodie Foster did not attack 17-year-old photog, says rep... Simon Monjack (Brittany Murphy's now dead widower) reportedly had "secret children"... Piers Morgan set to replace Larry King on CNN?... Kate Hudson dating British rocker?... Heidi Montag hires private investigator to track Spencer Pratt's spending.

Pop Culture Mix: "The Karate Kid" tops the box office... Sam Raimi offered directing gig on prequel "Oz, the Great and Powerful"... Ricky Gervais to guest star on "Curb Your Enthusiasm"... "Harry Potter" is officially a wrap; principal photography on "Deathly Hallows" ended Saturday... First official photo released from Johnny Depp/Angelina Jolie film, "The Tourist"... HBO debuts "Game of Thrones" preview trailer... Jamiroquai's "Virtual Insanity" -- now it's a commercial for Ramen Noodles... Say farewell to Little Orphan Annie, America's favorite blank-eyed, red-headed comic-strip star... Chart: Six degrees of geniuses and Kevin Bacon.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | June 14, 2010; 7:14 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tony Awards go Hollywood; January Jones's car trouble
Next: 'Karate Kid' puts box office back on track

Comments

Gary Coleman's will: just who is this Melvette Dumars, anyway?

Denzel Washington, Scarlett Johansson win big at Tony Awards...

"BP buys into Kevin Costner's oil spill solution." How can anyone mock this, knowing that BP's *first* idea was to dump boots, chunks of concrete and golf balls in the hole?

Of course Diddy had to give son a $360K car: kid kept buggin' him for the keys to Did's $1M ride. It's an actuarial decision, yo.

Side-effect of Mr. Margera's beating: he will now only be called by his first name ironically.

Joseph Jackson has now fingered everyone but The Illuminati for MJ dying. (That's odd - I could have sworn I just heard someone whisper, "...and that's the way we like it," after I typed the previous sentence.)

"Big Bad John" is one of my favourite songs. RIP, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean.

Heidi Montag hires PI: "We didn't exactly believe your story, Miss Montag. We believed your 200 dollars. I mean, you paid us more than if you had been telling us the truth, and enough more to make it all right."

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 14, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

Was Gary Coleman secretly Howard Hughes? How many wills does he need? The most current entry on his resume was security guard for FSM's sake.

Posted by: yellojkt | June 14, 2010 8:35 AM | Report abuse

I expect to read in tommrows Celebritology that Joe Jackson blames kbockl for Michael Jackson's death, since I've never purchased any of his music. I feel so...guilty.

Posted by: kbockl | June 14, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Unless Shannon Price is the mystery woman, she's out of luck in the Will department again. Will's surfacing mysteriously weeks after the original filed is highly suspicious. It's not like no one knew he died.

Well, Joe you are getting closer on the cause of MJ's death. Not just include yourself in the list of bloodsucking family membes and you will be completely right.

I don't think Simon Monjack got this much publicity while he was alive.

Posted by: epjd | June 14, 2010 9:05 AM | Report abuse

"New Gary Coleman will surfaces, leaving his money to mystery woman" -- My money's on Charlotte Rae.

"Diddy defends his right to give 16-year-old son $360,000 car" -- Today a $400,000 car, tomorrow a $4,000,000 house. What's planned for Junior's 18th birthday, a plane?

"'The Karate Kid' tops the box office" -- Well if Jaden Smith has points on this film, I think he has a $400,000 car in his not-so-distant future.

"Bam Margera hospitalized after alleged attack from baseball bat-wielding woman" -- Jodie Foster, perhaps?

"Jodie Foster did not attack 17-year-old photog, says rep" -- Despite the fact that Bam Margera was last seen huddling in a corner mumbling, "No, Clarice, no!"

"Jamiroquai's 'Virtual Insanity' -- now it's a commercial for Ramen Noodles" -- Oh come ON, Jay Kay. Did you HAVE to sell out? Oh MAN....

"Say farewell to Little Orphan Annie" -- Can't say I'm surprised. Daddy Warbucks should never've gotten involved with the subprime mortgage industry.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | June 14, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Brad Pitt trimmed his beard... He gave Angelina a haircut?

BP buys into Kevin Costner's oil spill solution...Well they've got to do something with those Waterworld DVDs.

Singer, sausage maker Jimmy Dean dead at 81.
-My sausage biscuit is a little bittersweet this morning.

Ok, no one spoil the ending of Harry Potter for me. (Actually don't spoil the beginning or the middle as well).

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 14, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

"Melvette Dumars" and "RIP, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean."

byoolin, you're ON FIRE this morning! And I concur that Costner's idea couldn't be wackier than the so-called experts' to "dump boots, chunks of concrete and golf balls in the hole."

WTF is a "Bam Margera"? Sounds like a Emeril Lagasse impersonator who uses oleo.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 14, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus, how'd ya like the Tonys last evening?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 14, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. DANGEROUS, DANGEROUS, sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008.

Posted by: jiji1 | June 14, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of Diddy, I tuned in to the Tonys last night and was so dissapointed he was not hosting. oh, Sean HAYES. never mind.

Heidi should hire a PI to investigate herself first. Then maybe she'd know what was going on. Nah.

Raimi seems the perfect choice for "Oz."

Too bad about Jodi not slugging the pap. I just lost some of the tremendous respect I have for her.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 14, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Note to self: do not attempt to read Celebritology before morning tea. I saw the headline "Gary Coleman surfaces".

What does BP have to lose? I think they'd try anything at this point.

Mmm Dorkus, I think it's much more likely the other way 'round as to who's the beard in that relationship ...

Posted by: Californian11 | June 14, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

200 ScarJo clones? Is there any way that can be bad news?

(Oh, yeah, right: google "Scarlett Johansson jazz album." Still, a risk worth taking.)

Posted by: byoolin1 | June 14, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Actually Costner's company's technology seems to make a lot of sense--it's too bad they didn't deploy the machines sooner. But something's weird about that article--the largest one is 112 INCHES high and weighs two and a half tons?

I had never heard of Simon Monjack until Brittany Murphy died. Then he died and I suppose it was newsworthy because he was so recently in the press due to her dying. But I can't for the life of me figure out what makes anything else about him newsworthy at this point.

Way to be classy Joe Jackson--blame a grieving mother while standing over her dead son's body for his death. Can we mark the one year anniversary of MJ's death by you just finally going away and shutting up?

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | June 14, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of Simon Monjack, no one's mentioned that the role which won ScarJo her Tony last night was performed in the previous revival by a very young Brittany Murphy.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 14, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

I never heard of Simon Monjack until his wife died, either. But now he's dead andyet annoying me from the grave. Anyone else find themselves humming Diana Ross and the Supremes after reading that story? No? Well, here's your earworm for the day, courtesy of the late Mr. Monjack:

Love child
Never meant to be
Love Child
Born in poverty
Love Child
Never meant to be
Love Child
Take a look at me

Started my life
In a old, cold, run-down tenament slum (tenement slum)
My father left he never even married mama
I shared the guilt my mama knew
So afraid that others knew I had no name

Love Child
Never meant to be
Love Child
(Scorned by) Society
Love Child
Always second best
Love Child
(Different from) Different from the rest

I started school
And a worn, torn dress that somebody threw out
(Somebody threw out)
I knew the way it felt to always live in doubt
To be without the simple things
So afraid my friends would see the guilt in me

Don't think that I don't need ya
Don't think I don't want to please ya
But no child of mine will be bearing
The name of shame I've been wearing

Love Child