Posted at 10:32 AM ET, 06/11/2010

Update: Celebrities still eat!

By Liz Kelly

Amy Winehouse enjoys a bracing mouthful of fries. (Image courtesy celebrities-eating.com)

I first shared my love of celebrities-eating.com back in 2006. It's a good go-to spot if you're seeking a break from the usual continuum of celebrity photo ops (i.e. red carpets, retouched mag spreads and self-administered Twit pics) or, you know, work. So, imagine my dismay when in July 2008, the site just stopped posting updates.

Well, as of June 1, the site is back online and already fielding a robust array of the celebrity-meets-gastronomy-meets-voyeurism pix that made it such a must-click in the first place. Already we've got pix of Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus AND Arnold Schwarzenegger pigging out on ice cream, Amanda Bynes doing battle (and possibly losing) with a fried chicken wing and Carrot Top hand feeding Gene Simmons.

As it turns out, celebrities-eating.com isn't the only game in town (see Buzzfeed.com's and Delish.com's collections, too). Paparazzi agencies make reliable cash selling pix of celebs chowing down. Brandy Navarre, co-owner of X17online, told Popeater.com, "The public is always curious about what celebrities eat, where they eat, and frankly, IF they eat! It reinforces that stars are human too."

Me, I just like pix of glamazon's caught at awkward moments. So sue me.

By Liz Kelly  | June 11, 2010; 10:32 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Celebritology 101
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ex wants control of Gary Coleman's estate; Russell Crowe is not dead
Next: Friday list: 10 peripheral movie and TV characters who deserve starring roles

Comments

I was having a pleasant Friday until you posted that pic of Amy Winehouse. Really, you couldn't find any other celeb feeding his/her face?

Posted by: epjd | June 11, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | June 11, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

I must officially register my disappointment. Reading "pix of Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus AND Arnold Schwarzenegger pigging out on ice cream" I was led to expect multiple shots of Brit-brit, Miley, and Ahnuld dining out together. but NOOOOOO!

My other disappointment is my own fault, b/c I was searching for Carrot Top feeding RICHARD SIMMONS.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 11, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

After seeing that pic of the gross Amy Wine-o, *I* can't eat.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 11, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

The disappointing thing is, all the celebs featured are ones I know actually eat, because they look healthy. The ones I want caught eating are the stick-figured, unhealthy-looking lollipops. Renee Zellweger, for starters.

Posted by: Californian11 | June 11, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Cali,
A quick check of the Zellweger lollipop shows a couple of bumps on the stick. Perhaps these are old pics, or perhaps the bumps were inserted artificially.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 11, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Cali and reddragon, maybe Renée will pack on a few lbs. again for a Bridget 3? Not that they hang around very long afterwards, although at her age it might be getting harder to shed them.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 11, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Btw "Renee Zellweger Lollipop" is a great name for a band.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 11, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, we can hope. About the only thing I like about Renee is her refusal to Hollywoodize her last name. That's about it.

Posted by: reddragon1 | June 11, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

True, reddragon. In the '40s she never would've been allowed to get by with Zellweger.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | June 11, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse