Posted at 8:10 AM ET, 07/ 6/2010

Lindsay Lohan due in court today; George Michael arrested for allegedly driving car into building

By Jen Chaney

Lindsay Lohan, in court earlier this year. (Jae C. Hong/AP)

Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: Lindsay Lohan reports to court today for probation revocation hearing that could send her to jail... George Michael arrested for allegedly driving his car into a London building... George Clooney also in court today, but as a civil plaintiff in trial of people accused of using his name without permission for a fashion label... Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi get ugly in their public, pre-taped interview, which aired on Monday's episode of "The Bachelorette"... Jenna Fischer marries writer Lee Kirk over the weekend... Swiss officials say a decision in Roman Polanski extradition case is imminent... Kelsey Grammer: "I did call my kids" on Father's Day... Tammy Lynn Michaels lashes out at ex Melissa Etheridge via blog poetry... Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo father of baby boy... Actor Johnathon Schaech -- ex of Christina Applegate -- weds "One Tree Hill" star Jana Rae Kramer.

Rumor Mill: Jon Gosselin may be writing a book entitled "A Slice of Life: Jon Gosselin's Story"... Jessica Simpson dating NFL free agent Eric Johnson?... Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna fuel rumors of rift by not speaking during Wireless Festival... Pilot makes emergency landing of private jet after Dave Chappelle reportedly deemed safety risk.

Pop Culture Mix: Burning questions about Christopher Nolan's "Inception" answered as more reviews trickle in... New Zealand man found dead in his seat at the end of a screening of "Twilight: Eclipse".... Sir Ian McKellen could drop out of "The Hobbit" if delays continue... Anton Chigurh sings! Javier Bardem to guest star on "Glee."

By Jen Chaney  | July 6, 2010; 8:10 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Lindsay Lohan, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Weekend box office: 'Eclipse' wins and 'Airbender' surprises
Next: 'Back to the Future': paying proper tribute to the flux capacitor

Comments

I hope you're happy, Mitch Hurwitz & Ron Howard: when I read "George Michael arrested for allegedly driving his car into a London building," my first thought was, 'I bet Maeby put him up to it.'

If that's what Tammy Lynn Michaels calls "poetry" she should use it to express surprise that Melissa Etheridge stuck around as long as she did.

Here's hoping "A Slice of Life: Jon Gosselin's Story" becomes the first book in history to be printed with the covers already torn off and delivered directly to the publisher's loading dock for unsold returned books to be pulped.

Sir Ian McKellen's 75 years old: he could end like that Kiwi at the movies if "Hobbit" delays continue.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 6, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Mmm, yeah, Dave Chappelle - nothing funny there anymore. Poor guy.

Posted by: kbockl | July 6, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

"New Zealand man found dead in his seat at the end of a screening of 'Twilight: Eclipse'":

Everyone's a critic.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 6, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

I tried to warn people that Twilight was a souls sucking experience, but did anyone listen to me?

Well, the Saints had a nice run there.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 6, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

"George Michael arrested for allegedly driving his car into a London building" -- That's odd; Usually he's singing, "Let's go outside."

"Tammy Lynn Michaels lashes out at ex Melissa Etheridge via blog poetry" --
"She wants me to come to her window. That she'd be home soon. Alas no more will I raise the sash. For her I will not swoon."

"Dave Chappelle reportedly deemed safety risk" -- At least he's doing something. Goodness knows he's no longer a relevance risk.

"Jon Gosselin may be writing a book entitled 'A Slice of Life: Jon Gosselin's Story'" -- Chapter 10: Even Before the Transplant, My Hair Looked Better Than Kate's Crazy 'Do.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 6, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

byoolin, were you affected by the big power outage? I read where even QEII's dinner suffered a brief loss of power till the backup generators kicked in.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 6, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Anyone want to wager on how much cleavage Lilo shows today?

At first glance I thought the Cloonster might have been arrested for "possession of Canalis" like Paris Hilton in S.Africa.

Hey, JSimp, don't get typecast by just hooking up with the NFL. There's the WWE, don't forget.

I didn't even know Gwynnie and Madge were a couple. Gotta start reading Goop.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 6, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

How do you allegedy drive into a building? Either you did or didn't. It's fairly obvious that the car did not get into the building on its own. Also, the big hole in the wall is a big clue.

Posted by: epjd | July 6, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Suggested headlines for the George Michael story:

* WHAM!
* Careless Accelerator
* Brake Me Up Before You Go-Go
* I Gotta Have Brakes, Breaks, Breaks
* A Different Corner... (Well Now, Anyway)
* Don't Let That Awning Come Down on Me
* Guilty Feet Have Got No Rhythm or Sense About Which Is the Accelerator and Which Is the Brake Especially After a Hard Night Partying

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 6, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

ep
How do you allegedy drive into a building?

Well, how would you spin that if YOU were his lawyer?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 6, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I'd get a huge retainer up front first.

Posted by: epjd | July 6, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

As well you should, ep!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 6, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I believe that's an "allegedly huge" retainer...

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 6, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Everyone's a critic.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 6, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

Tee hee. Weren't several deaths reported during viewings of a flick directed by Mel Gibson?

Posted by: jezebel3 | July 6, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

The person who bet zero cleavage wins.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 6, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

"Suggested headlines for the George Michael story:

* WHAM!"

I am laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

Posted by: Californian11 | July 6, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Cali, I'd gladly trade (mild) side effects from laughing too hard for the melting we're experiencing here in the East this week.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 6, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

I definitely feel for you all. :-( The weather is whacky. It is actually cool & raining here today -- and, as the song says so accurately, it never rains in California.

Posted by: Californian11 | July 6, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse