Posted at 12:28 PM ET, 07/14/2010

More Mel Gibson rage in tape No. 4

By Jen Chaney

Mel Gibson: on fire again in latest tape. (AP) | PHOTO GALLERY

It seemed, for a brief, magical moment, that perhaps we could go for one day without another rage-filled Mel Gibson tape. Pipe dream, people. Pipe dream.

Today's Mel Gibson recording -- part four in the ongoing series -- was released a short time ago and features the actor insisting that "he's been nothing but nice" to ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. Shortly thereafter, he shouts: "You're a pain in my [expletive]. Stop being that!"

Once again, these tapes have not been authenticated and Gibson has yet to comment on them, other than to accuse Grigorieva -- the woman who serves as the alleged target of his audio-recorded anger -- of committing extortion by using the release of the tapes as a threat.

As always, you can listen to the NSFW tape at Radar Online, a Web site that now specializes in broadcasting Mel Gibson's purported anger management problem.

As a blog focused on celebrity, entertainment and pop culture coverage, Celebritology feels obligated to share news about these tapes. Unpleasant as it may sometimes be, in the swirling world of Web journalism coverage, we have to keep up with our competition.

That being said, if I have to publish one more of these stinkin' posts about a Mel Gibson tape, I just might go on a rage-filled tirade myself. It won't involve any racist or sexist language but I can promise you this: there will be profanities.

By Jen Chaney  | July 14, 2010; 12:28 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Mel Gibson
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: From Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston to Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz: Recent celeb pairings that surprised us most
Next: What Lindsay Lohan can learn from Mel Gibson and other celebrity lawbreakers

Comments

I have to wonder -- If she's releasing these tapes as an extortion threat, what is it that she's holding back? For that to work there has to be something that's so much worse it's worth paying for.

Yikes.

Posted by: DCLocal20 | July 14, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Makes old Elias sorry he ever suggested to his buddy, Mr. S. Joe Begun, the idea for a reel to reel tape recorder.

Sorry about that, Jen.

Posted by: elias_howe | July 14, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I've only listened to Tape No. 3, but man, is Oksana calm in the face of that rage! It's such a bizarre reaction. I think she either taped her part afterward, or read from a script designed to show what a gl@ss bowl Mel is. She definitely doesn't come across as a woman being orally abused.

Posted by: themegnapkin | July 14, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I have a hard time making fun of anyone who may be bipolar. Then again, my interest in Mel Gibson disappeared around the time he voiced Rocky the Rooster in "Chicken Run."

I'm also puzzled why we're even talking about this if "these tapes have not been authenticated." Post a link in the Morning Mix maybe, but individual posts too? Just asking.

Though I'm sure Alec Baldwin is heaving sighs of relief that for once it's not his audio messages being discussed around the world.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 14, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I don't think this is what Mel had in mind when he first thought about maybe doing a podcast...

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 14, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Mel Gibson, in what PR folks are calling a terrible decision, is going to produce, direct, star and self-finance Braveheart 2: The Jews and Blacks Storm Malibu.

Read this hilarious article about the movie.

VERY FUNNY.

Posted by: eye95 | July 14, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

mel kinda has a one track mind doesnt he... want to sleep? time for sodomy
go to the jacuzzi? time for sodomy
need to burn the house down? sure - but first...

he needs 2 things... a cellphone interlock system that analyzes his breath for alcohol content before allowing him to call anyone except a priest or his agent...
and a new shopvac

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | July 14, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

It is totally captivating to tune into more of his rant each day. I'm addicted!!! There is supposed to be new information on Mel tonight on the show "Issues." Issues was one of the first to cover this recording with radar. They have something more tonight.

Posted by: JVMfan | July 14, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Good news, ladies, Mel's single again.

Good news, guys, so's Ok$ana.

td, apparently by "authentication" Jen means no voiceprint of the tape has been matched to Rocky the Rooster.

quint, that comment sucks.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 14, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Her side of the conversation on these tapes is professionally produced using some type of pro audio gear, likely arranged by a private investigator or her lawyer. I wonder what she said to him before the record button was pressed that got Gibson so wound up...?

Clearly a setup by Oksana for the lawyers to use, but that doesn't mitigate Gibson's actions or comments.

Posted by: jgmann | July 14, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I feel for you Jen. I really do. They are obviously doling these out one at a time to get maximum publicity out of them.

Posted by: epjd | July 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Mel, such a way with words. "Stop being that!" is the condensed version of pretty much any fight I've ever had with an SO.

"Stop being that!"
"Stop being what?"
"You know, that! All ick nast like that!"

Posted by: trichobezoar | July 14, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Sorry Mel but you are going the way of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. and Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Whoopi may defend your mouth and addictions but the rest of us don't and strongly pray for your recovery.

Posted by: 2012frank | July 14, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

speak for yourself 2012frank...I am only praying for Mel to go away...

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 14, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Henry Louis Gates Jr. has NOT gone away. In fact, his genealogy series is rerunning on PBS this summer.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 14, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

I wonder how many people have noticed this. The tapes start out with him yelling. Not her answering the phone or saying anything.
This is nothing more than a smear campaign. I do not agree with what he is saying, however, we are missing the beginning of the conversation here. What started this? She said or did something that we do not know about- he's calling her a cheater, a liar, etc etc, email blackmail, etc. He also says i know you were sleeping with blank. My guess is she cheated on him, took some of his money, tried black mailing him through email, etc.

This women did this to ruin him and get his money. Nothing more.

Posted by: Dreamzwalker | July 14, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Oh, i'm going to point something else out. Knowing something about how recorders work. One can have a recorder that records incoming input and out going separate. You can mute either one at any time. So she can sit there and say things equal to his methodology and it will not be recorded. Enter unmute. You can hear a distinctive sound each time she comes on. Calm time. Almost like she's not even on the phone having the conversation.
Sounds to me like mel was recorded saying random things and her voice has been dubbed over the recording. She doesn't even sound upset 99% of the time. From what i read about cali law, both parties must okay a recording. Illegal wiretap is illegal, and should be inadmissible in court and the women should be prosecuted for deformation of char. Obvious setup is obvious. Send her back to russia in a spy swap.

Posted by: Dreamzwalker | July 14, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

She sets him up when he is stoned out of his mind. No one talks that calmly in the midst of being yelled at like that. She is a cool cucumber with a clever, calm plan to extort as much as she can from him. He has a therapist and needs help with his addictions. SHe is the evil one here. She KNOWS he needs meds so she sets him up. She needs to be shipped back to Russia.

Posted by: jharlin00 | July 14, 2010 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who saw the horror movie called The Passion of the Christ knew that Mel Gibson was this twisted and evil inside. That movie and these tapes contain about the same amount of holiness and spirituality.

Posted by: wpforumtroll | July 14, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

LOL that is not Mel Gibson... Nice con

Posted by: Rubiconski | July 16, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

I agree I bet she is a crazy lady herself but since she is taping him she is acting all cool and calm. No one really knows what their relationship is all about, Maybe she quit giving him sex or promised him she would then said no!! We don't live with them so who is too say. Also since she knows he has problems maybe she knows how to get to him and make him that crazy. I feel bad for him really depending how much he will have to pay her now!! I wonder if she even told him she was taping him? That would make me crazy

Posted by: robinfrenchies | July 18, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse