Posted at 7:20 AM ET, 07/23/2010

Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr secretly marry; Samantha Ronson visits Lindsay Lohan in jail

By Sarah Anne Hughes

Orlando Bloom and model Miranda Kerr, pose for a photograph before he received an honorary degree from the University of Kent. (Gareth Fuller - AP)

Friday

Second update: Publicist says Zsa Zsa Gabor in critical condition.

Update: Pictures of Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear as Jackie O and JFK.

Celebrity Beat: Orlando Bloom and model Miranda Kerr have married. The couple confirmed their engagement last month... Samantha Ronson visits Lindsay Lohan in jail... "Bones" actor David Boreanaz sued for sexual harassment... Guillermo del Toro to take on "Haunted Mansion"; Joss Whedon will direct "The Avengers"... Oksana Grigorieva's sister may have leaked the Mel Gibson audiotapes... Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino embarrassing family photo revealed... Cameron Diaz defends the choice not to get married.

Pop Culture Mix: Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and other celebrity moms will host new CBS talk show... Simon Cowell sued by "Britain's Got Talent" contestant... CW network tops GLADD's survey of gay-friendly programs... Can "Salt" top "Inception" at the box office?... "Daily Show" men respond to sexism controversy prompted by a Jezebel piece... Burt Reynolds guest stars on "Burn Notice" tonight... Justin Bieber to guest star on "CSI."

Comic-Con

Comic-Con Coverage: Jen's reporting from the massive pop culture extravaganza continues today and through the weekend. Read all about the event here in Celebritology, and follow all the superheroic action on Twitter at twitter.com/celebritology.

"Mad Men" + "The Soup" = Awesome: I'll use any excuse to talk about AMC's "Mad Men," premiering this Sunday. (Check out today's "Mad Men" related post). Watch some of the actors (and Levar Burton!?) yuk it up with Joel McHale on "The Soup."

By Sarah Anne Hughes  | July 23, 2010; 7:20 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Comic-Con 2010: Live Tweets from Thursday parties
Next: Comic-Con 2010: Bringing the Force to the Comic-Con party scene

Comments

If The Situation isn't embarrassed by "Jersey Shore," that picture isn't going to do it. Nor, I suspect, would one of him shtupping a pony.

"Cameron Diaz defends the choice not to get married." Which is good news for those of us worried we were going to have to marry her.

"Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and other celebrity moms will host new CBS talk show." Will it be called, "How the F*** Should I Know, They're With The Nanny"?

"Simon Cowell sued by "Britain's Got Talent" contestant." So, Britain's got solicitors, too.

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 23, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

"Simon Cowell sued by 'Britain's Got Talent' contestant" -- Chris Isaak, are you listening? Get a good attorney now; I hear Shapiro is free.

"Burt Reynolds guest stars on 'Burn Notice' tonight" -- Seeing the words "Burt Reynolds" and "burn" makes me fear for the safety of his toupee.

* * * * *
"Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne and other celebrity moms will host new CBS talk show" -- If only Joan Crawford had had this opportunity....

"Hello! Today on 'Coffee Dearest' we're talking about how to get kids to clean their rooms. Our guest is my daughter, Tina, who will demonstrate how to get your bathroom floor clean and shiny -- we'll do it a few times to make sure she, er, you (ha ha) know how to get it right! Later we'll talk about the evils of wire hangers, where to hit the tree with the ax at 2 a.m. after you're called 'box-office poison' by your boss at Metro, and how to mix Mommy the perfect cocktail. Let's bring out our guest. TIIIINNNNAAAAAAA!"

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 23, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Guillermo Del Toro could direct a sequel to Gigli and I'd probably go see it.

Posted by: kvs09 | July 23, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

I think Orlando Bloom should ALWAYS wear that hat.

Posted by: VaLGaL | July 23, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Just to make it interesting, comments in alphabetical order today.

1 And a spiffy gown also!
2 David meet John. John meet David
3 Ditto from number ( ) somewhere
4 He plays a 5 year old, right?
5 How can a girl get some rest with sooooooo many visitors?
6 I can't decide if it would resemble the 5th or 8th Circle of Hell more.
7 I'm glad also.
8 Mrs. Howe would not let me marry her anyway.
9 OMG
10 Since the demise of Mrs. Peel, there is no appeal.
11 So it that spelled Issack or Issac?
12 Talk about sisterly love!
13 That would be a judgement call.
14 With a name like that, shouldn't he remake "The Sun Also Rises"?
15 Would that be the Smokey and the Bandit Bert or the My Name is Earl Bert?

Posted by: elias_howe | July 23, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

If Joss Whedon is directing the Avengers, he better find a role for Nathan Fillion. I'm thinking Hawkeye.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 23, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Salt may prove more popular than Inception, but it shouldn't, just like most people prefer salt and fat to actual food. From what I've read, Salt is just another moronic (fake) action movie with a comic-book movie star. Inception is, dare I say it, an intelligent film with actual actors, actually acting. What a concept! Doomed to fail...

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 23, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

I'm sad I'm gonna miss the premiere for Mad Men but my pretend hippie rock star boyfriend Roger Clyne is in town & he insists that I show up for his concert. ;-)

He also insists that I invite all the Celebritology Island dwellers to the concert too.

Mad Men will have to wait for Monday on On Demand.

Posted by: wadejg | July 23, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

wadejg, will there be air conditioning?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 23, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

If kabuki's right, I can hardly wait to see the ad campaign for "Fat," the movie.

"Scarlett Johanssen is FAT."

(Producer Paul, can we link?)

Posted by: byoolin1 | July 23, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Friday love to Al Jarreau, suffering from respiratory problems aggravated by travel to the thin air of the Alps:

Trivium for World Cup fans: did you realize that Dutch player Eljero Elia was named (phonetically) after AJ?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 23, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Yes nosy, lots of air conditioning, even food & drink if you so choose to show up! Although I plan to be too busy being all hot & sweaty from singing & dancing to know if there's air conditioning.

The State is a nice place to see a show. They've got room for those of us that like to stand up front or dance or whatever, there's also tables where you can sit back & enjoy the show. You can also get dinner & plenty of drinks.

Just don't ask for iced tea, they don't have any. I've no clue why any establishment below the Mason Dixon line doesn't serve iced tea but they don't.

Long Island Iced Tea, yes, Lipton Iced Tea no.

Posted by: wadejg | July 23, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

RIP Daniel Schorr, 93, broadcast journalist extraordinaire for some 55 years (up until a few weeks ago on NPR). He had the honor of ranking high on Nixon's Enemies List, which made him a hero in my book.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 23, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

byoolin1, who'll play Sugar in the third one? Maybe someone really saccharine, like Renée Zellweger, whose smirk I always want to punch out...

Posted by: kabuki3 | July 23, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse