Posted at 8:05 AM ET, 07/ 1/2010

Tiger Woods divorce settlement reportedly finalized; 'Paranormal Activity 2' trailer pulled from some theaters

By Jen Chaney

Jeremy London, finding out how family injunctions function (AP)

Thursday

Chat Day:
Discuss the latest celebrity and pop culture news -- from Tiger to "Twilight" -- during a discussion with Jen Chaney Thursday at 2 ET.

Celebrity Beat: Tiger Woods reportedly will pay Elin Nordegren a record $750 million in divorce; Woods also interviewed by federal authorities in investigation of doctor accused of distributing human growth hormones... Jeremy London files restraining order against family... Christina Hendricks (bless her) on how gaining 15 pounds made her "feel beautiful"... Taylor Hackford, husband of Helen Mirren, surprised by her nude photos.

Crime Watch: Police in Portland reopen investigation of groping allegations against Al Gore... Naomi Campbell to be subpoenaed in war crimes case... Boutique files lawsuit against Lindsay Lohan for allegedly failing to pay $16,880.63 she owes for designer clothes... Jeffrey Jones of "Ferris Bueller" fame faces felony charge for failing to update sex offender status.

Pop Culture Mix: "Paranormal Activity 2" trailer pulled from some Texas theaters... Judd Apatow developing Pee-Wee Herman movie... Meryl Streep to play Margaret Thatcher... Musical version of "Elf" to open on Broadway in November... Lauren Graham exits "Scream 4," Adam Brody joins cast... Exploring Wonder Woman's new look.

Watch: The new international trailer for "Let Me In":

By Jen Chaney  | July 1, 2010; 8:05 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Twilight: Eclipse' sets midnight record
Next: Talking with director M. Night Shyamalan about 'Last Airbender,' race and more

Comments

This is complete insanity to pay $750 million when I am 100% available for Tigerwoods.
Please inform Tiger Woods that I am dying for his Love and I long to get married to him. Marrying his as the third wife will not even be a problem to me. I just want him to be happy. He has been through a lot lately.
Money is not an issue.
Grace M.
Silver Spring

Posted by: ctebid | July 1, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Huzzah for Christina Hendricks!

Posted by: lydandy | July 1, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Christina H., since it's patently obvious where most of those 15lb ended up, the rest of us are glad you gained them, too.

Meryl Streep to play Margaret Thatcher. "The Devil Wears Ferragamo"?

Jeffrey Jones: could there be a creepier celebrity sex offender? Major ick nast.

Posted by: northgs | July 1, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

"Taylor Hackford, husband of Helen Mirren, surprised by her nude photos." -- Against all odds, he thought those photos of their white nights together were supposed to stay between the two of them.

"Christina Hendricks (bless her) on how gaining 15 pounds made her 'feel beautiful'" -- Excellent! Kate Moss, it's time to join the rest of the women everywhere who are breaking out the Chunky Monkey in celebration.

"Boutique files lawsuit against Lindsay Lohan for allegedly failing to pay $16,880.63 she owes for designer clothes" -- Well, now we know how much 11,254 pairs of LiLo leggings sell for.

"Jeffrey Jones ... faces felony charge for failing to update sex offender status." -- Not just once, Mrs. Bueller. He failed to update his status Nine Times.

"Jeremy London files restraining order against family" -- You can do that? Hold on a sec, I gotta make a call.

Last, I read that one listing as "Police in Portland reopen investigation of groping allegations against Al Gore, Naomi Campbell" and I thought to myself "WHOA. Tipper hasn't even packed yet and Al's going for the supermodels."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 1, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 1, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

(Sorry abuot the double post; technical issues.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | July 1, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Ha. Christina Hendricks feels beutiful with 15 extra pounds? Well I feel flippin' GORGEOUS.

Posted by: kbockl | July 1, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Lets see, $750 million, approximately 13 mistresses, so carry the one and...yep that sounds about right.

What about Christina Hendricks? I just saw her name and instinctively clicked on the link.

td, I misread the Al Gore headline as well, although in my case I thought to myself "Is Al gore throwing phones at his assistant now too?"

-To be fair, those new Facebook setting can be confusing.

By the way happy birthday to canada (or something like that) and canada's favourite (so weird to spell it like that) daughter Pam Anderson.

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | July 1, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Dorkus

Is Canada's favourite [sic] native son Michael J. Fox or byoolin?

td

I read it and wondered if Naomi had thrown phones at Al. Please pass the caffeine.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 1, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Regarding "Let Me In"-- why bother? The director seems to have ripped off the Swedish original, scene for scene, including the sets and lookalike actors. It looks more like a class exercise than a new, distinct movie.

Posted by: mattfugazi | July 1, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

To lydandy, northgs, td, kbockl and Dorkus:

I propose that the Lizard Island Tiki Bar open up an ice cream parlor as well. Do I hear a second?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 1, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I will always second a motion for ice cream!

Posted by: northgs | July 1, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I second the ice cream parlour idea! In honour of Canada Day, let's serve maple-flavoured ice cream.

Posted by: newengland1 | July 1, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Mmmm, newengland1, how about maplenut ice cream with black walnuts (for protein, of course)?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 1, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, if we can invite Helen Mirren, Al Gore and Naomi Campbell I'm all in favor.

One minor technical note, I seem to recall that at one point Wonder Woman already had gauntlets. Tho I must confess I wasn't watching her hands.

Also, Wonder Woman pre-dates Lynda Carter, even though Lynda (still) looks like she was born to play Wonder Woman.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 1, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Nosy, I'm in too. I believe the motion has been carried.

Posted by: kbockl | July 1, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Alimony = Theft

Posted by: ericroks | July 1, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

750 Million? Astonishing. There's no way in the multi-verse that Tiger's wife should get that amount. Fire your lawyer, dude.

Posted by: ArmchairGM | July 1, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

ericroks
Alimony = Theft

ArmchairGM
There's no way in the multi-verse that Tiger's wife should get that amount.

I suspect it all depends on two factors: how much Tiger's worth (now and in the prospectively), and how much incriminating info Elin knows re Tiger that needs for her to remain silent about.

Also, what percentage of the alleged $750 million is actual alimony to Elin, and how much is child support for their youngsters, who are utterly blameless in this entire wretched mess?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 1, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I did see Helen Mirren the other day on the Daily Show. She is so smart, and looking great. She also said that she didn't know what custard was so perhaps in her honor, add custard to the Tiki Bar snack menu.

I hope I age as wonderfully and confidentally as she has.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | July 1, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Let's rewrite my first sentence:

I suspect it all depends on two factors: how much Tiger's worth (now and prospectively), and how much incriminating info Elin knows re Tiger that he needs for her to remain silent about.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 1, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

I don't think she was worth 750 million. He is such a IDIOT a house maid got him for 750 million.

Posted by: access11 | July 1, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Revealing more than I usually do, the only reason I would see Let Me In is because it was shot near me. I've walked through the tunnel they show on my way home.

Posted by: mouse4 | July 1, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

access11, the point may well be what it's worth to TIGER to keep her quiet, not what she's actually worth.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | July 1, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I urge everyone to boycott Let Me In. In the tradition of Hollywood ripping off outstanding foreign flix, it cannot possibly be as good as the original, Let The Right One In. As in La Femme Nikita, Vanished, {REC}, etc, etc.

Posted by: justmike | July 1, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Based on my reading of the Christina Hendricks link, I plan on changing my name to Mirror.

I know several people who are mourning the fashion makeover of Wonder Woman. They loved her gap.

I suppose we now know what a picture of a sports celebrity buggaring a sheep is worth: approximately $750 million. This is one time Tiger should used an 8-iron instead.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | July 1, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

The Pink Dragon and I are foreign film buffs, sort of. Americans will flock to foreign films just as soon as they are all in (our kind of) English, have simple plots, gorgeous stars, car chases and tradiitional love stories.

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 1, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 1, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

OK, we've seconded the ice cream/custard motion, all those in favor?

I'm gonna go ahead & cast on big AYE for everyone else & safely say the motion has passed!!

I'll have 2 scoops maple in a sugar cone please!

As for Let Me In, skip right over it & go to the original, I'll even let you watch a dubbed version if you must, as long as it's the original Let The Right One In. That movie really touched me for some reason, just the longing that boy felt, it really hit a nerve, I can't imagine a remake doing the same thing.

Posted by: wadejg | July 1, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

sorry for the double post celenedion

Posted by: reddragon1 | July 1, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Aye!

Given the ginormous divorce settlements throughout celeb-land, I'm guessing guilt is lucrative for the wronged party. See: Ted Danson, Michael Douglas, Harrison Ford divorces.

Since "I love my figure/curves/body" is nearly always followed by a huge weight loss in celeb-land (see: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyra Banks, Jennifer Hudson et al), I'm not buying, Christina H.

Posted by: Californian11 | July 1, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Aye!
(can I have mine with whipped cream?)

So what's the over/under on how many questions dear Naomi will endure before she does something to draw contempt of court charges? Where's ep? Does the Hague have contempt of court as we know it? Dare we hope that that serial assaulter could actually end up in jail if she misbehaves?

-Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | July 1, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

We have a judge here who is known for confiscating cell phones, if he sees one in his courtroom. Every Friday he takes a hammer and busts 'em all.

Great therapy, I imagine. Makes me wonder what would happen if cell-phone-throwing Naomi came before him in court!

Posted by: Californian11 | July 1, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse