Posted at 2:00 PM ET, 08/ 4/2010

A very special gift for President Obama's birthday

By Jen Chaney

If President Barack Obama woke up on this, his 49th birthday, with the sense that something in his life was missing, he can now inhale and exhale with relief. Everything is fine now, Mr. President. Talk show hostess Wendy Williams has indeed remembered to put together a gift basket for your birthday.

Assuring her audience that it would find said basket "very amusing," Williams unveiled a variety of presents for the leader of our nation during her program Wednesday, including a pair of Levi's jeans designed to freshen up his existing denim options, a gift card to Five Guys (he loves burgers -- get it??), a Spider-Man comic and a pack of electronic cigarettes, just in case he still hasn't kicked that smoking habit. (Williams also notes, by the way, that those faux nicotine sticks are "really high class as far as the way they look.") All the items were nestled inside a woven-wicker container that appears to have been snagged by a Williams staffer from the back of a shelf at a nearby Michael's.

Still, think Obama supporter Oprah Winfrey bothered to buy electronic cigarettes for her presidential pal? Please. Don't kid yourself.

By Jen Chaney  | August 4, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Now that Carol Burnett will play Sue's mom on 'Glee,' let's decide on that Super Bowl episode
Next: A rom-com rebuttal to Maureen Dowd's NYT column

Comments

Is this the first Wendy Williams appearance in the Celebritology universe? She's hilarious....well, I've only seen her on The Soup, but she is crazy!

Posted by: VT2003 | August 4, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Crown7 has a very good electric cigarette and the price is lower than all the others.
I have tried a few different companies and so far the Crown7 brand has been better than all the others.

Posted by: azmacd | August 4, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESIDENT OBAMA AND WE HOPE YOU LIVE ANOTHER 49 YEARS AT EASE. MAY GOD BLESS AND HELP YOU AND AMERICA.

Posted by: BOBSTERII | August 5, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

I can't see Wendy William's name without thinking of the great Wendy O. Williams aka WOW, lead singer of the Plasmatics & Queen of Shock Rock. I used to see her a lot on the street in Tribeca before it changed (& before she died). Now she could have really put a basket together.

Posted by: kabuki3 | August 5, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

President Obama, you really should give those electronic cigarettes a try. I smoked for 45 years. The FDA-approved Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products didn't work for me. Using them as directed to wean totally off nicotine results in problems with mood, attention, and memory. The last thing we need is for the leader of our country to be afflicted with cognitive impairments.

Using NRT as a long-term maintenance therapy doesn't work for most smokers either, because the NRT products don't supply enough nicotine. The electronic cigarette is working as a complete replacement for smoking for up to 79% of users. The user can replace the required amount of nicotine to maintain normal mood and cognition. In user surveys, 90% report improved health.

So give it a try, Mr. President. All you've got to lose is your wheezing, coughing, and increased risks of other smoking-related diseases. I should know. I've been smoke-free since March 27, 2009 by switching to an electronic cigarette.

Posted by: vocalek | August 5, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Wendy Williams' gift basket is both thoughtful and humorous!

I really hope President Obama gives the E Cigarette a try. I tried one on December 6, 2009 and I have not smoked a cigarette since; this after 40 years of smoking two packs a day. The improvement in my health (particularly my ability to breathe) has been remarkable. I, for one, would love to see the President give up smoking; there’s already ample smoke being blown in and around the Whitehouse! lol

Posted by: bob-r | August 6, 2010 12:10 AM | Report abuse