Posted at 4:50 PM ET, 08/ 3/2010

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston break up

By Jen Chaney

Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin: Off. Again. (AP) | PHOTO GALLERY

Breaking news courtesy of People magazine: Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston have broken up.

Shoot, I forget to tell you to sit down before I shared this information. I'm sorry. That was inconsiderate. Take a minute to breathe while you process. All good?

Okay, here's the deal: Palin tells People exclusively that "she got played" by Johnston and that their relationship soured the same day they announced their re-engagement, when Johnston told her he may have fathered another woman's child. (The ex-girlfriend in question has since denied that Johnston is the baby's dad.)

"All he cares about is the limelight," says Palin, who adds that she's now moving on with her life. Presumably moving on won't involve a third engagement attempt with Johnston, but hold your breath at your own discretion.

So there's the surprising twist: Levi Johnston only cares about the limelight. In other breaking news, Spencer Pratt is kinda sorta interested in fame.

But in all seriousness, let's hope Palin really is able to move on, not just for her own sake but for the sake of her son, who has seen more drama in his 19 months then most people see during a decade devoted to watching SoapNet.

By Jen Chaney  | August 3, 2010; 4:50 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Was Adam Lambert snubbed by the MTV Video Music Award nominations?
Next: Sandra Bullock highest paid Hollywood actress; Wyclef Jean will run for president of Haiti

Comments

Palin - Stay as far away from this loser as you can get, and make his life miserable by suing for as much child support as possible.

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | August 3, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | August 3, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

i think we should all try to help the girl out... find the right guy for her going forward. I'm going to go with Julian Assange.

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | August 3, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

I like it, quntilius.

No matter your politics, I think we can agree that there's an acronym designed perfectly for Levi Johnson: DTMFA.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 3, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Some stories write themselves. Some stories contain their own snark. This one does both.

Perhaps the most disappointed person in this story is Maury Povich's producer.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | August 3, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Bristol says, Levi Johnston only cares about the limelight. Um, people in glass houses ...

Posted by: Californian11 | August 3, 2010 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Johnson.. ugh... what a jerk. Bristol made mistake getting back together with her, but I can understand it. BUT she needs to , run, run away from this looser and concentrate on raising her son (who is soo cute).

Posted by: Guest1234 | August 3, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

While I yield to no one in my capacity to Snark on the Palin clan, I sincerely hope that Bristol will remove herself from the public spotlight and spend the next four years earning herself a college degree (a better one than her Mama Grizzly has, too!), so she can make a better life for herself and Baby Trip, who is the only protagonist utterly blameless in all this disgraceful mess.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 3, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Color me shocked, shocked I tell you!

Posted by: HopesMa | August 3, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

If the Palin's are America and represent everyday America, as her supporters claim America is sorely hurting. Do we want this sort of person in the White House.

We got rid of Clinton and Bush after eight years. Other then being stuck with Clinton's wife we are through with him. Thank God.

This black man in the White House seems to me to be a very traditional American with traditional American values as compared. No scandals in his family --- yet.

Posted by: bm66535 | August 3, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

yes, real america, joe six-pack, and pigs in lipstick, or is it pit bulls and lipstick, or is it grizzlies in lipstick????? no matter, it's the offspring where our future lies!

Posted by: mimo1 | August 3, 2010 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Oh mimo, you forgot Sarah's "Pink Elephants" (hic!).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 3, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .... you can't be serious?

You mean one room temp. IQ attention-seeking boob deceived another room temp. IQ attention-seeking boob (and her daughter Bristol, LOL) ...

I'm shocked! Shocked! that such trailer trash antics would be going on in a bastion of intellectual rectitude such as that hosted by the failed half-term quitter ex-Governor of the State that loves to suck at the Federal tit at a per capita rate has high or higher than any other, at the same time that she rails against it!

Just shocked!

Posted by: fendertweed | August 3, 2010 11:41 PM | Report abuse

You know, if those two could sing, they'd be perfect for Glee.

Posted by: greenmountainboy | August 4, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

'yawn'

Wake Me When It's Over,

Curmudgeon

Posted by: bmschumacher | August 4, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

This is exactly what the media gets for focusing so much attention on these two. Please report some real news. If I want drama, I'll watch reality television or a soap opera.

Posted by: brikki | August 4, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brikki | August 4, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

LOL at the people that think Levi is the trashy one in this couple . . .

Posted by: Jayne | August 4, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse