Posted at 8:25 AM ET, 08/25/2010

Lindsay Lohan released from rehab; Elin Nordegren speaks about Tiger Woods divorce

By Jen Chaney

Lindsay Lohan, out of rehab. (AP) | GALLERY

Wednesday

Celebrity Beat: Lindsay Lohan released from rehab overnight after spending 22 days of what was supposed to be a three-month stint at UCLA's Neuropsychiatric Hospital ; a court hearing will be held later today to discuss next steps in the case... Elin Nordegren speaks out in People magazine in her first -- and what she says will be the last -- interview; "I have been through the stages of disbelief and shock, to anger and ultimately grief over the loss of the family I so badly wanted for my children," she tells the magazine. "I also feel stronger than I ever have. I have confidence in my beliefs, my decisions and myself"... Lawyers for Michael Douglas and ex-wife Diandra Douglas clash over "Wall Street" money in court... Intruder arrested after attempt to break into Paris HIlton's house with a pair of knives... Does Heidi Montag want her old breasts back?

Pop Culture: Angelina Jolie to direct and write her first feature film... "Glee" will pay tribute to ... Billy Joel?... Tom Cruise and Paramount testing actors for lead role in "Mission: Impossible IV"... Vampires are reportedly responsible for pumping $7 billion into the economy... A rant that explains why Cee-Lo's "[Bleep] You" should not be song of the summer... TLC to air new series, "Sextuplets Take New York," which sounds a lot like "Jon & Kate Plus 8"... Katie Holmes to star in Adam Sandler movie "Jack and Jill," in which Sandler plays both Jack and Jill... Wait, Weezer didn't name their CD "Hurley" after Hugo Reyes ... AND one of the band members never watched "Lost"??... Blogosphere can't decide whether Sean Penn's role in upcoming movie makes him look like Robert Smith from The Cure or Betty White... FYI: JC Penney now selling clothes in a color called Chewbacca Pink.

Video: The trailer for Danny Boyle's "127 Hours"

By Jen Chaney  | August 25, 2010; 8:25 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A look at the 'Walking Dead' preview
Next: 'Lost' Dueling Analysis: 'The New Man in Charge'

Comments

Sean Penn is one ugly lookin' chick. But then so was Robert Smith.

Posted by: wadejg | August 25, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Geez, Mike & Diandra have been divorced forever (all least one Zeta-Jones in earth time). Greed is good, but doesn't it have a statute of limitations?

"Does Heidi Montag want her old breasts back?" Good news, then: Spence has 'em for sale on eBay.

"Vampires are reportedly responsible for pumping $7 billion into the economy..." Sure, that's what the liberal media elite would like you to believe. In truth, they just come to America to have the vampire anchor babies, take American vampire jobs, commit vampire crime, build vampire mosques and warp our kids' minds.

Let's split the difference and agree that Sean Penn looks Betty White if she were in The Cure.

Posted by: byoolin1 | August 25, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

"Lindsay Lohan released from rehab overnight after spending 22 days of what was supposed to be a three-month stint at UCLA's Neuropsychiatric Hospital" -- Is she greased up like a country fair pig or something? Why can't anyone,anywhere hold onto her? Should we let the midshipmen try to reach the top of her at the end of the year without falling? Honestly. Can someone stop Speedy Gonzales here long enough to sit, listen and learn something?

"Intruder arrested after attempt to break into Paris HIlton's house with a pair of knives" -- It was all a misunderstanding. he thought he was at Padma Lakshmi's house and always dreamed she'd notice him and say "pack your knives and go."

"'Glee' will pay tribute to ... Billy Joel?" -- Oh, brother. Ten bucks says Puck's going to beinging "Just the Way You Are" and Finn's doing "Uptown Girl" -- because Finn dances as well as Billy Joel did.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 25, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

A brief moment from last night's dreamscape:

ME: "I'm back in...college? Watching a gymnastics competition? And George Clooney is sitting in the next desk over?"
CLOONEY: ::shrugs::
ME: "What the hell, subconscious. What the hell."

After that, even LiLo seems normal.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 25, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

td,

Lilo?-no.

I wonder who could mistake Paris Hilton for Padma Lakshmi. Maybe one o' byoo's illegal immigrant vampires.

Thanks for ruining that Glee ep with a spoiler.

Bawlmer,

Be careful. Someone has done an Inception. Maybe td incepted a Glee ep.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 25, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

PS,
Elin, on behalf of the Swedish economy, thank you.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 25, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Someone has done an Inception.
Posted by: reddragon1

erk. I haven't seen the movie yet...um, what should I watch out for? Am I going to come up with cold fusion or something similarly brilliant, or am I going to end up dangling from a rooftop over the Warner Bros lot?

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 25, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

No "Glee" inception, reddragon1. The Puck/Finn songs are speculation. If I wanted a cool Billy Joel-themed episode of "Glee," I'd dream up:

* Mercedes singing "Big Shot"
* Sue singing "Pressure"
* Kurt singing "I Go to Extremes"
* Artie singing "Sleeping with the Television On"

With a way over-the-top flaming finale of the entire cast (minus Mr. Schu, Finn and Rachel, away on an ego trip together) singing, "We Didn't Start the Fire."

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 25, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

td, Glee management owes you a check. Or you could trademark "over-the-top flaming finale" and collect later.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 25, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

re: inception,

Bawlmer, as long as you don't go to sleep, you have nothing to worry about.

Posted by: reddragon1 | August 25, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

reddragon, I forsee that working well for about two days. (Can't sleep...celebrities will eat me...Can't sleep...celebrities will eat me...) Then I'm going to pass out at my keyboard and end up stuck in some infinite horror, like an eternal subconscious episode of "The View". ::shudder::

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | August 25, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Hey my Celebritology friends, I sure have missed you. Damn work, I'm back for now.

Bawlmer, your dream was better than mine. Mine was, and I kid you not, a Jurassic Park dream where I had to stand still as a statue because the T-Rex would see me if I moved, you know.

I'm thinking Kurt should sing The Stranger.

I'm thinking Diandra is thinking this may be her last chance to milk more cash out of Michael as he is now on the Death Watch list. Poor form.

My sis-in-law and the family ended up on the same ferry to Staten Island with Kate + Eight. If she ends up on an episode, she was the blonde heckler who told her to "get over herself" when she made a big fuss sqealing loudly like one of the kids when the ship blew its horn. That's my sis.

Can't quite get the connection between Chewbacca and pink. Can someone explain?

Posted by: hodie2 | August 25, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Wow. If it were you or I....we would still be in jail. I think the judge should be responsible when she wraps her BMW around a tree - sits in front of it half naked while giving us all the finger. She'll be the most listed on tagAnIdiot.com soon enough. imho

Posted by: Johnathan2 | August 25, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Johnathan2 | August 25, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Johnathan2 | August 25, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Hi, Doc! Missed ya. Life sure does have a pesky way of interfering with celebritologizing, doesn't it?

If Heidi gets her implants removed, will she need surgery to take up the "sag" because the skin got stretched where the implants used to be?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 25, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, hodie.

I heartily support Heidi Nutbag's move to anywhere, so long as we never have to hear from or see her again.

Wonder what Adam Sandler and Al Pacino think of wee Controlling Tom and $cientolocult handlers being on their movie set all the time? 'Course, Katie will no doubt provide them with cupcakes.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 25, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

TD asks, "Should we let the midshipmen try to reach the top of her at the end of the year without falling?" Only if they've had all of their shots, TD.

Posted by: northgs | August 25, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Actually, northgs, the middies only need to get midway up.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 25, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Y'all dun picked the wrong link for Heidi Montag's latest. Better one at http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38857566/ns/today-entertainment/ "Montag fears her nose will 'fall off like Michael Jackson's'"

Maybe she should use Gorilla tape?

Posted by: daveydog | August 26, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse