Posted at 8:20 AM ET, 08/24/2010

Martin Short's wife dies; Nick Cannon dodges Mariah Carey pregnancy rumors

By Jen Chaney

Martin Short with wife Nancy Dolman at the 2009 Vanity Fair Oscar party. (AP)

Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: Martin Short's wife, Nancy Dolman dies suddenly; medics responded to the home on Saturday but no additional details or cause of death have been released; Dolman, who was married to Short for 30 years, underwent surgery for cancer in 2007 but it is unclear if that is related to her death ... Nick Cannon dodges latest rumors about Mariah Carey pregnancy... Elin Nordegren reportedly "relieved and distraught" after divorce from Tiger Woods finalized; speaking of which, who wants to read Woods's post-divorce statement in comic sans font? Anyone?... New judge in Lindsay Lohan case to issue "mystery ruling" Tuesday afternoon... George Michael pleads guilty to two drug offenses... In interview with Associated Press, Fantasia Barrino denies she's a homewrecker, says "The best way for me to clear my name is through my [reality] show"... Brad Pitt says he'd reconsider the death penalty as potential punishment for those responsible for BP oil spill... Jeremy London denies affair with Rachel Uchitel... Taylor Lautner sues RV dealership over alleged failure to deliver his trailer.

Pop Culture: The Situation to join "Dancing With the Stars"?... Jennifer Aniston will reteam with Courteney Cox as guest star on "Cougar Town"... Sequel to "Piranha 3D" on its way... New cast member Chord Overstreet to play Kurt's boyfriend on "Glee"?... Five reasons "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" tanked at the box office... Doug Liman to direct manga adaptation "All You Need is Kill"... Some "11:11" believers attempt to halt upcoming thriller "11 11 11."

By Jen Chaney  | August 24, 2010; 8:20 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Divorce of Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren is now final, but can they really move on?
Next: Situation Nation: Assessing the 'Jersey Shore' star's product endorsements

Comments

"Five reasons "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" tanked at the box office" - But it had such great internet buzz. It should have been the next 'Snakes On A Plane.'

Posted by: yellojkt | August 24, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Jennifer Aniston will reteam with Courteney Cox as guest star on "Cougar Town"...and in my dreams. But which gets to wear the Princess Leia brass bra?

Posted by: yellojkt | August 24, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

"Nick Cannon dodges latest rumors about Mariah Carey pregnancy" -- Asking someone if his wife is expecting? America's Got Nerve.

"[W]ho wants to read Woods's post-divorce statement in comic sans font?" -- I used to think misuse of PowerPoint signaled the end of civilized speech as we knew it. Then I had to sit through a one-hour PowerPoint developed wholly in Comic Sans. The seventh seal had come! Take cover and pray!

"Fantasia Barrino ... says 'The best way for me to clear my name is through my [reality] show'" -- The best way to get ratings for that show is to spend time in the closet staring at some more medicine bottles longingly. "Fantasia, you almost died from an OD. What are you going to do now?" "I'm going to do a reality show!" Honestly, is she kidding? Tell me this wasn't a PR stunt, please?

"Chord Overstreet to play Kurt's boyfriend on 'Glee'?" -- Chord Overstreet? Was that his birth name or his adult film name (first pet + first street he lived on)? Suddenly January Jones seems as normal a name to me as Mary Smith. Chord?!

"Brad Pitt says he'd reconsider the death penalty as potential punishment for those responsible for BP oil spill" -- He would RE-consider. Did Obama name Brad to the Supreme Court while I was away on vacation? He is as dumb as a box of rocks. Doesn't he realize his job is to look good, not speak, attract women, and annoy men of a similar age who have not aged as well?

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | August 24, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Condolences to the Short family.

On the other hand, Elin, you will be just fine without him. Go back to Sweden and lead the quiet life you really wanted.

I hope the judge's mystery ruling is that LiLo did not even pretend to fulfill the terms of her sentence and she has to try again.

No, Fantasia, the best way to clear your name -- and help yourself -- is to go away for awhile and get your act together. As Jen noted yesterday, a reality show is not what you need after an OD.

Even I, a scifi channel addict, don't believe there needs to be a sequel to Pirhanha 3D. I believe this moreso after watching Lake Placid 3 on Saturday night.

Posted by: epjd | August 24, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

"read Woods's post-divorce statement in comic sans font? Anyone?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

sorry... thanks Jen, you made my week

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | August 24, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

It's a cultural thing - in Sweden, this is the howmanyhookersyoucanaffjordnow sans font.

Posted by: mat00 | August 24, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Someone really named their kid Chord? And I thought Trig/Trapp/Tripp were bad.

RIP Nancy Dolman.

Posted by: Californian11 | August 24, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Condolences to the family of Nancy Dolman and Martin Short. Life can be just plain cruel.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 24, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I will give you one reason 5 times why Scott Pilgrim flopped.

Michael Cera.
Michael Cera.
Michael Cera.
Michael Cera.
Michael Cera.

Posted by: biffgrifftheoneandonly | August 24, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Listen up Boomers -- You can't live forever.

Posted by: AlbyVA | August 24, 2010 5:47 PM | Report abuse