Posted at 2:33 PM ET, 08/24/2010

Nancy Dolman, wife of Martin Short, died of natural causes, People says

By Jen Chaney

Martin Short and Nancy Dolman in 2005. (Getty Images)

People magazine is reporting that the death of Nancy Dolman, wife of actor Martin Short, has been attributed to natural causes.

A spokesman for the L.A. County Coroner's office says Dolman, 58, was under the care of a private physician at the time of her death. Short's publicist has not confirmed a cause.

Dolman and Short, who have three grown children, were married for 30 years. The Toronto native was an actress who worked on the sitcom "Soap" before turning her focus to raising a family.

Dolman also was an aunt to the sons of comic actress and "SCTV" veteran Andrea Martin, who has frequently worked with Short. Martin is the ex-wife of Dolman's brother, Bob Dolman, whose screenplay credits include "How to Eat Fried Worms" and "Far and Away."

Source:
People.com

By Jen Chaney  | August 24, 2010; 2:33 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Talking with Connie Britton, Emmy nominee for 'Friday Night Lights'
Next: A look at the 'Walking Dead' preview

Comments

This is so sad. They seemed like a very happy, normal couple - rare under any circumstances, but particularly in Hollywood. My condolences to Mr. Short and his family.

Posted by: pfallsgirl | August 24, 2010 7:22 PM | Report abuse

Rest in peace, Nancy. My condolences to the Short family.

Posted by: mat00 | August 24, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

What I find really hard to believe is that Martin Short is almost 60 years old.

Posted by: matrox | August 24, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

matrox
What I find really hard to believe is that Martin Short is almost 60 years old.

Someday you will be too, matrox, but only if you're lucky.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | August 24, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

My condolences. Good people.

Posted by: chunche | August 25, 2010 12:50 AM | Report abuse

I am so sorry that the Martin Short family has lost their beloved Wife and Mother. I wish for peace for them in their sorrow.

Posted by: papafritz571 | August 25, 2010 6:12 AM | Report abuse