Posted at 11:04 AM ET, 09/28/2010

Bret Michaels bares all for Billboard

By Liz Kelly

(Image courtesy Billboard.com)

I love me some Bret Micheals. There's the whole guilty pleasure factor: treacly Poison power ballads, the utter camp of “Rock of Love.” And his odds-defying recovery from a freak brain hemorrhage. You kind of have to admire the guy for hanging on to at least C-list celeb status while many of his contemporaries (where's Enuff Z'nuff now, I ask?) have faded into the dustbin of hair band history.

But glam rock's man of steel may have taken things a bit too far with his buff-save-for-a-bandanna cover shot on the latest issue of Billboard magazine. Although Michaels appears to have abs that would totally crush Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino's, the pic comes off looking way too air-brushed. I dunno. Maybe it's the fake-bake tan. Or the body oil. Or, you know, the air-brushing.

Michaels does get points, though, for graciously explaining how Aerosmith's Steven Tyler ended up with what we all assumed would be his slot on the “American Idol” judges' panel.

“I made it to what they called the 'top four.' We also talked a little about Simon Cowell's new show, 'X Factor,' and they asked me about being the host of a dating show they're doing. But if there's someone else that would give great career advice and be a lot of fun on TV, it's Steven Tyler.”

Source: Billboard.com

By Liz Kelly  | September 28, 2010; 11:04 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Britney Spears on 'Glee': How will she do? Let's go to the video clips!
Next: A Snooki alcohol-poisoning scare?; admitted Orlando Bloom burglar Alexis Neiers shopping book

Comments

Thanks, Billboard, for giving the rest of us something that had until now only been available to certain skanques on reality tv and cougars willing to do a roadie in a van behind a biker bar.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 28, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Ewww!

Posted by: talleyl | September 28, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

talleyl, ditto.

Posted by: MzFitz | September 28, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

I liked this post better when the image link was broken.

Posted by: northgs | September 28, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I cannot believe I am saying this, but it's Enuff Z'Nuff.

You don't have to tell me. I already know.

Posted by: ironmountain | September 28, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Wow, who knew Photoshop could PAINT ON a six-pack? Yuck.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 28, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

For all of you naysayers --Bret DOES have washboard abs.

Obviously, you know nothing about him AND did not watch Celebrity apprentice where he was working out with his shirt off for a challenge....

As a lifelong diabetic, he stays "relatively" healthy by eating right, taking his insulin AND WORKING OUT, at home and on the road.

So, yes, the tan is a spray-on AND he has oil on which reflects the light and makes his legs appear more muscular than they really are - BUT his abs are real....

And for a world that likes all of the fakeness of the stars and models, really??? so it stops at musicians?

Most bashers are men who are just plain jealous.

Posted by: Nanc1 | September 29, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse