Posted at 9:53 AM ET, 09/29/2010

Christina Aguilera, curvier than ever?

By Liz Kelly

Is Christina Aguilera packing on the pounds? The New York Daily News and the U.K.'s Daily Mail, among others, are describing Aguilera as "curvier" and "full-figured." In fact, the Daily Mail describes the star's physique as "the heaviest she's ever been, barring her pregnancy in 2008."

Based on the photo comparison below (that's Aguilera in June on the left and, at right, on Sept. 25) I'm not so sure. Maybe she's put on a little weight, but the day-glo orange tan, pageant hair and bias cut dress may all be conspiring to make her appear heavier than she actually is.

(Left, Getty Images; Right, Reuters)

What say you?

Sources: New York Daily News, Daily Mail

By Liz Kelly  | September 29, 2010; 9:53 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Britney Spears episode of 'Glee': Is it time to lose the celeb-focused tributes?
Next: Justin Bieber, in action figure form

Comments

I think Ms. Aguilera looks terrific. She might be just a bit curvier than before but it works for her; she's never going to be one of those Hollywood stick figures, and my bet is she won't try to do that to herself.

Posted by: dbitt | September 29, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Maybe she added a few pounds, but she's a long way from unhealthy. Her choice in foundation garments could also come into play here. And despite the bad hair and fake-tanning choices, she's still hawt.

Posted by: northgs | September 29, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: kabuki3 | September 29, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, but I'd probably let her sit next to me on an airplane without complaining. Even if one of those thunder thighs encroached on my space. Or if they both did. That orange stuff doesn't rub off, does it?

Posted by: kabuki3 | September 29, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Calling Captain Ahab!

Posted by: MStreet1 | September 29, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Her body looks much better than in her anorexic days, and kinda balances the basketballs bolted to her chest. However, the shiny orange fake-bake, cringe-inducing dye job and makeup applied with a shovel obscure her natural good looks. She's actually quite pretty without all that goop.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 29, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

northgs, only Paris Hilton is allowed to say "hawt."

Posted by: kabuki3 | September 29, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

She's becoming an Oompa-Loompa. Actually, she's starting to look like an old woman who lives in Florida and spray tans and dyes her hair waaaaaaay too much.

She looks horrible and it has nothing to do with her shape.

Posted by: em15 | September 29, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I can't look at Orangina anymore; her skin color alone makes me physically ill. I do hope it's a fake tan because if she's really that orange...

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 29, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Just imagine if Orangina and John Boehner had a love child. Owe, the humanity!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 29, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, SPLOOT!

Aside from the truly-frightening orange, I thought she actually looked a little thinner in that photo. Look at her face and arms and waist. Either way, though, there is no way in a sane universe you could have that woman and the phrase "packing on the pounds" in the same sentence. Obviously just more faux drama being stirred up by the tabloids with these stories. And how does the Daily Mail know she's at her heaviest since pregnancy? Did they hack into her digital scale?

-Snarky Squirrel

Posted by: 7900rmc | September 29, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

How can those grapefruits grow on an orange?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | September 29, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Sas
How can those grapefruits grow on an orange?

Grafting?