Posted at 7:15 AM ET, 09/23/2010

'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows': The new trailer

By Jen Chaney

The second trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the final chapter in the film saga about the Boy Who Lived and the dark lord with no nose who wants him dead, debuted online last night. And the latest clip reinforces what we've already gathered about the upcoming film, based on the previous trailer and/or J.K. Rowling's source material:

That "Deathly Hallows," part one of which arrives in theaters Nov. 19, may be too scary for children under the age of 8.

That you won't like Ron Weasley when he's angry.

That seven Harry Potters -- including one that apparently dresses like Kurt from "Glee" -- are better than one.

And that, as we concluded long ago, Lord Voldemort is 87 times more disturbing than anything that occurs in the "Twilight" movies.

But see for yourself.

By Jen Chaney  | September 23, 2010; 7:15 AM ET
Categories:  Movies, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Joaquin Phoenix on 'Letterman': What we learned
Next: Fan arrested outside Madonna's New York apartment; Katy Perry booted from 'Sesame Street'

Comments

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! I feel like a pre-teen watching Twilight.

The seventh book was one of my least favorites - too much camping and the epilogue is best forgotten. However, it might be one of those rare books that is made better by becoming a movie. I hope the movie version can fix the flaws in pacing and give heart to certain events that I thought were too quickly glossed over. And hopefully no epilogue!

Posted by: DCCubefarm | September 23, 2010 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Right there with you. My excitement is Star Wars, Indiana Jones-esque. I'm never excited for movies anymore. Ever. The most they ever get from me is a 'Meh - remind me to put it on Netflix next year.'

But this? Half way through I was already working out plans to get a sitter for the daughter and have a massive Harry Potter datenight with Mr. T.

(Then I'l try to remember that i'm the grown up. I am not allowed to buy all the figurines I can and play in the yard for hours and hours recreating the movie. That's the daughter's job. iamthegrownup. iamthegrownup. iamthegrownup.)

Posted by: rachelt2 | September 23, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I vote in favor of the epilogue in the book (though I'm not sure I want it in the movie). It brought closure to the story of Harry, Ron and Hermione (and even Draco).

Posted by: gkronenberg | September 23, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Sorry DCCubefarm . . .

They definitely filmed the epilogue. Surf the web, and you'll find photo outtakes of Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermoine and Malfoy aged fifteen years, standing at the train station with kids who are mini-me versions of them. Freaky.

Posted by: pfallsgirl | September 23, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DCCubefarm | September 23, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Correction (as told to me by a younger person who should know . . .):

It's nineteen years later in the epilogue, not fifteeen . . . my bad.

Posted by: pfallsgirl | September 23, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse