Posted at 8:13 AM ET, 09/20/2010

Paris Hilton to plead guilty; Russell Brand's weekend arrest at LAX

By Jen Chaney

Paris Hilton, after that Las Vegas arrest. (AP Photo)

Monday

Paris Hilton expected to plead guilty today to two misdemeanor charges related to her arrest in Las Vegas for alleged drug possession... Russell Brand was arrested Friday at Los Angeles International Airport after altercation with photographer who was allegedly trying to take an inappropriate picture of Brand's fiancee, Katy Perry; Brand subsequently tweets: "Thanks for your sweet messages of support. After the tips I picked up in chokey I'm an infinitely more proficient criminal"; Perry chimes in with this tweet: "If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiancé will do his job & protect me" ... Producers of "Inferno," Lindsay Lohan's next project, insist they are not irritated with the star, who admitted she failed a recent drug test... Randy Quaid and wife Evi arrested on burglary charges after allegedly squatting illegally in the guest house of a property they used to own... Kim Kardashian and Miles Austin of Dallas Cowboys split... Recent resurfaced interview with writer for David Letterman indicates the talk show host knew Joaquin Phoenix was faking, too....Bruno Mars arrested on suspicion of narcotics possession... Bryan Masche, star of "Raising Sextuplets," arrested... Kelly McGillis weds partner in recent civil union.

Pop Culture: "The King's Speech," starring Colin Firth, wins the People's Choice Award at the Toronto Film Festival... "The Town" tops the weekend box office... Image Entertainment acquires rights to "Passion Play," a drama starring Mickey Rourke, Megan Fox and Bill Murray... Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning cast in J.J. Abrams's "Super 8"... Should Wikipedia articles contain movie spoilers?

Video: Trailer for Ron Howard's "The Dilemma," starring Vince Vaughn, Kevin James and Winona Ryder:

By Jen Chaney  | September 20, 2010; 8:13 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lindsay Lohan on Twitter: I did fail drug test
Next: Weekend box office: A win for Ben Affleck and his 'Town' and a strong showing for 'Easy A'

Comments

"Producers of "Inferno" insist they are not irritated." It's early in the season, but I predict these people are going to be up for Best Supporting Actor Oscars.

It's official: Randy Quaid is now living the life he portrayed in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

"Kim Kardashian and Miles Austin of Dallas Cowboys split..." And for me, personally, I'll just say that it's a terrible day in a man's life when he realizes he knows who the first person in that sentence is but not the second one.

Priorities, people: you are worried about Wikipedia's spoilers while Ron Howard is giving Kevin James another acting job...

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 20, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

For once, Paris is not lying.

Let me just say for the record that I am not interested in putting my lens (or anyting else) up Katy Perry's dress. Russell and Katy seem kinda like a mismatch, with her being a former Christian singer and him being fired from the BBC for obscenity.

I'm sure there is room for Randy and Evi Quaid in some Latin American jail. Then they wouldn't have to worry about a place to live.

Need a Kim Kardashian poster for the next Cowboys game.

I know Joaquin's faking has deeply affected us all.

Wonder if Bruno was also in possession of Mars bars.

Words that don't belong together in a sentence "'Passion Play,'" amd "starring Mickey Rourke, Megan Fox and Bill Murray."

I'm just happy when Wikipedia articles have actual content.

Posted by: reddragon1 | September 20, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

I can't wait for the new Katy Perry single "Upskirt Gurls".

Posted by: yellojkt | September 20, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

reddragon
I'm just happy when Wikipedia articles have actual content.

Rush Limbaugh didn't let that stop him last week when it came to Judge Vernon.

"Kim Kardashian and Miles Austin of Dallas Cowboys split."

First the Cowboys lose to the Redskins, now this. Owe, the humanity!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 20, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

While a huge fan of "Friday Night Lights" and generally a supporter of the Kyle Chandler full-employment act, I'm not so sure I'm on board with the premise of "Super 8." According to the linked article there are "rumors that it's about three siblings who discover footage of an alien in some Super 8 footage they shot." Unless, of course, Chandler plays a victorious debunker.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 20, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

"'Passion Play,' a drama starring Mickey Rourke, Megan Fox and Bill Murray" -- I'd pay good money just to hear Megan Fox try to say "Oberammergau."

"'Inferno,' Lindsay Lohan's next project" -- It's a biography. At various times we see her career, her relationship and her clean record go up in flames.

And while I do not condone anyone taking photos up anyone's anything (unless the word "colonoscopy" is involved), Ms. Perry would be well reminded of these lyrics. "The boys / Break their necks / Try'na creep a little sneak peek." Wear pants next time, California Gurl.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 20, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Miles Austin probably read the article last week and realized that one of those blow-up dolls was a better bet.

If I caught Randy Quaid and his wife "squatting" anywhere near my house, I'd be sure to burn that sucker down.

Posted by: MStreet1 | September 20, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

if paris hilton is pleading guilty to drug charges, you no longer need to write "alleged drug possession", because that's been proven.

Posted by: frieda406 | September 20, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

frankie the wonder dog update. she is going to live and continue her patrols of lizard island. her liver biopsy shows she has chronic acute hepatitis. not contagious to human or animal. her appetite came back last week. she's eating well, on her own and ditto with the water. no more feeding via syringe. yay!!! she's still on 11 pills per day but that will gradually reduce until she's on just 4 per day. she's lively, happy, back to see her friends at hospice. the nurses and cnas at hospice of the valley have been marvelous, calling almost every day to check on her. thanks to her vets and all her friends and loved ones across the country who sent her good thoughts and prayers. it takes a village to heal a dog. thank you everyone. tears of joy.

Posted by: frieda406 | September 20, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Yay for Frankie the Wonder Dog! Glad to hear she's doing better, Frieda.

Posted by: northgs | September 20, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Paws and hands clapping to hear the good news about Frankie the wonder dog. Yay!!!

Raise your hand if you're surprised LiLo failed her drug test.

That's just sad that some stalkerazzi tried to take an upskirt photo. The line has so been crossed at that point.

Also just sad about the Quaids. What happened there?

Posted by: Californian11 | September 20, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

californian, have mental health holds ever been placed on quaid and his wife? or has a mental health exam ever been ordered? i'm not positive but this has the strong feel of a mental health issue for one or both of them.

Posted by: frieda406 | September 20, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Congrats to Frankie & Frieda!

********************************************
********************************************

Agreed byoolin, only I think the real-life Quaids are actually crazier & less welcome than their Vacation counterparts. If that's at all possible.

Posted by: wadejg | September 20, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

cali and frieda, I agree that the R. Quaids' plight is really just sad, and perhaps they do need medical intervention. Who'd have thought a decade or two ago that Dennis would wind up the (seemingly) more stable brother now?

frieda, thanks for the encouraging update. Please give Frankie a big ol' hug (and some virtual doggie treats) from me!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 20, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Re Quaids:
I believe that this may be a substance abuse issue. I don't think they would both grab their tickets for the train to crazy-town at the same time.

M Street:
The Kim K blow-up doll is probably lower maintenance and less whiny (unless leaking) than the real thing.

Posted by: anonymouslurker | September 20, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

thanks, nosy. i'll do just that for frankie.
it's official. ms. hilton has pled guilty to the misdemeanor charges involving narcotics. she claims she's done w/the party life and will devote herself to animals and her business empire.

Posted by: frieda406 | September 20, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

frieda, there's a touching interview on NPR's "Fresh Air" today on the topic of rehabbing some of Michael Vick's fighting dogs, especially one Hector who became a therapy dog. Brought a tear or three to my eye.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 20, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Chance of a BKD over on Lisa de Moraes' blog this afternoon, "Bristol bringing her A game to 'Dancing with the Stars'":

Pookie reveals that the nickname chosen for the Mark Ballas/Bristol Palin duo is "Team Ballin" and that they're reportedly cha-cha-ing tonight to that 3 Dog Night classic, "Mama Told Me Not To Come" (SPLOOT). Our resident Cryptid weighed in early on this.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 20, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

The only "Dilemma" about Ron Howard's new film is why on earth he chose to give work to Vince Vaughn, Kevin James, and Winona Ryder. And I'll say it again for emphasis, Kevin James.

-Snarky Squirrel