Posted at 8:32 AM ET, 09/ 3/2010

Paris Hilton's Twitpic of purse may impact defense in cocaine arrest; J. Lo 'Idol' deal back on?

By Jen Chaney

Paris Hilton may have a purse problem. (AP/Las Vegas Police Department)

Friday

Celebrity Beat: Paris Hilton's claim that the purse in which Las Vegas police allegedly found cocaine hits a snag when her Twitpic of said Chanel purse is revealed; however, police may have given purse back to Hilton instead of booking it into evidence, according to Radar Online; in further evidence that the heiress is having a bad week, a judge rules that Hilton did not live up to her promotional contract for the 2006 movie "Pledge This!" and may owe investors $160,000... Despite reports that a deal was off, TMZ reports that Jennifer Lopez is in final stages of negotiations to become "American Idol" judge... Jerry Lewis says during "Inside Edition" interview that he would smack Lindsay Lohan in the mouth if he saw her, clearly sending a message of charity ahead of his Labor Day telethon... Robert "Joe" Halderman, the former producer who tried to blackmail David Letterman, is released from jail... "Mad Men's" Rich Sommer and wife welcome baby boy... Michael Lohan says God wants him to open planned rehab center.

Pop Culture: The birth scene in "Breaking Dawn" supposedly won't be toned down... Kristen Bell kickstarts campaign to get "Veronica Mars" movie made... Tyler Perry's "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf" gets moved from January 2011 release date to November 2010, making it a potential Oscar contender... Jay Leno's "Tonight Show" has worst summer ever ratings-wise, dropping 23% in the 18-to-49 demographic compared to where Conan O'Brien's version was at this time last year... Oren Peli, director of "Paranormal Activity," close to inking deal to bring cinema-verite thriller "The River" to ABC as a series... Brendan Fraser to make Broadway debut in "Elling."

By Jen Chaney  | September 3, 2010; 8:32 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: More information on the arrest of T.I.
Next: Most memorable movie moments of summer 2010

Comments

***
This sentence makes no sense. "that the purse" what?

Posted by: VaLGaL | September 3, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

So the police gave Paris her purse back. Meanwhile, lesser mortals arrested the same night are on, what, their fourth cavity search this week?

(Heyyyyyyy. If she said it was "her friend's" purse, why did they give it back to her, and not this "friend"?)

I might watch his telethon if it meant I'd see a Jerry Lewis-LiLo slapfight. Heyyyy, Laaaaaady.

"Michael Lohan says God wants him to open planned rehab center." And Jerry wants to smack *Lindsey.*

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 3, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

I can only imagine that when God told MiLo to open a rehab center, it was exactly like Bill Cosby's version of God telling Noah about the Ark.

GOD: Noah!
NOAH: Somebody call?
GOD: Noah!
NOAH: Who is that?
GOD: It's the Lord, Noah.
NOAH: Riiiiiight! Where are ya? What you want? I've been good.
GOD: I want you to build an Ark.
NOAH: Right! Whats an Ark?
GOD: Get some wood build it 300 cubits by 80 cubits by 40 cubits.
NOAH: Riiiiiight! Whats a cubit?
GOD: Lets see a cubit...I used to know what a cubit was... Well don't worry about that, Noah. When you get that done, Go out into the world and collect all of the animals in the world by twos - male and female - and put them into the Ark.
NOAH: Riiiiiight! Who is this, really? What's going on? How come you want me to do all these weird things?
GOD: I'm going to destroy the world
NOAH: Riiiiiight! Am I on Candid Camera?

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 3, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

GOD: Lohan!

LOHAN: Somebody call?

GOD: Lohan!

LOHAN: Who is that?

GOD: It's the Lord, Lohan.

LOHAN: Riiiiiight! Where are ya? What you want? I've been good.

GOD: I want you to build a rehab center.

LOHAN: Riiiiiight! What's in it for me?

GOD: Get someone to put up three times as much money as you'll need. Build it 300 meters by 80 meters by 40 meters.

LOHAN: Riiiiiight! Whats a meter?

GOD: You don't know what a meter is? Oh, yeah, I forgot - only America and Burma don't use the metric system anymore. Don't worry about it for now, Lohan. You can google it later. When you get it done, go out into the world and collect all of the rubes and halfwits you can get your hands on - male and female - and put them into the rehab center.

LOHAN: Riiiiiight! Who is this, really? What's going on? How come you want me to do all these weird things?

GOD: I'm going to destroy the world.

LOHAN: Riiiiiight! Am I on Candid Camera?

GOD: No, but there might be a reality series in it for you.

LOHAN: ALLLLLLLLL-Riiiiiight!

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 3, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Quick, someone take away byoolin's screenplay generator app. It seems to be stuck on reverse-Hawking mode.

Posted by: MStreet1 | September 3, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

I wonder if Lindsey will be at the Grand Opening of Michael's Rehab Center. Of course, the question will be if she is there as the first patient or just to cut the ribbon.

I see the Vegas cops are taking directions from the LA cops now. Where's Grissom when you need him. He likes to show celebs are lying jerks.

Posted by: epjd | September 3, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

"You know slapping LiLo would be a great way to raise money for the telethon no one watches anymore."

ep,I imagine this playing out like that scene in "Airplane."

(I can't actually see the clip from here, but I assume it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOG2MHPQFqY)

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 3, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Please tell me Tyler isn't playing all 7 of Ntozake Shange's doppelgängers in drag. Please, someone, anyone? Oh, please?

byoolin

I was hoping it might be more like Cosby's tonsillectomy routine, wherein MiLo might be rendered more or less mute.

Will Joe now try to "peddle" a script about his arrest, trial and imprisonment to Dave?

ep

Sort of like a latter-day version of the dunking booth at the school carnival, huh?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 3, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Stewardess, let me handle this....

"Jennifer Lopez is in final stages of negotiations to become 'American Idol' judge" -- Has-been singer and dancer, exotic looks. All we need is a possible unconfirmed drug issue and hello Paula Abdul II!

"Jerry Lewis says ... he would smack Lindsay Lohan" -- Get in line, pal.

"Tyler Perry's 'For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf' ..." -- I didn't realize Madea was in that book; is she the character considering suicide (oh please?)? Will this movie also feature every African American actress still alive, like his other movies do? Hope so; I'm looking forward to Cicely Tyson's latest plot-momentum-killing monologue.

"Michael Lohan says God wants him to open planned rehab center" -- The center, to be named after MLo himself, is dedicated to rehabilitating celebrity fathers who try to sell their daughter's diary pages to the highest bidder. Building capacity: 1.

"Jay Leno's 'Tonight Show' has worst summer ever ratings-wise" -- Oddly, he's never been funnier.**

"Paris Hilton ... is having a bad week" -- I dunno. She was banned from a casino, arrested for drugs, owes people money, and seems genuinely mystified by it all. Sounds like a pretty typical few days for her.

** Assumes he was funny once. Zero + zero, etc.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 3, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Paris Hilton may have a purse problem, but she most definitely has a bad hair/bad extensions/bad dye job problem, and a too much fake-bake/self-tanner problem. Could she look any MORE fake?

So we have a movie title that is a contender for longest ever, rivalling "The Man Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain" and whatever that really long, really annoying title was for "Precious" that they kept saying at the awards shows last year.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 3, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Cali, don't forget Stanley Kubrick's classic title (and film), "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (1964).

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 3, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, for movie titles, I prefer:

Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song

Jay Leno?

Who he?

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | September 3, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

here's my contribution for celebrities stating most obvious:

Ne-Yo on T.I.: 'He makes a lot of poor decisions'

Posted by: anonymouslurker | September 3, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

And that To Wong Foo, blah blah blah movie.

In other news: Chris Klein voluntarily does jail time and 2 months of in-patient rehab. What a contrast to LiLo.

Speaking of LiLo, she is "frequently naked" in her new movie role (surprise surprise) and apparently has a 3-way with another actor and the woman playing -- get it -- her mother. ICK NAST.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 3, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

"The Many Iterations of William Shatner":

The secret of The Shat's success? He's "...a working actor who showed up on time, knew his lines, worked cheap and always answered his phone."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 3, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

IF THE PURSE WASN'T HERS,WHY DID THE COPS GIVE IT TO HER AND OR BACK TO HER?

Posted by: ECHO134 | September 4, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

IF THE PURSE WASN'T HERS,WHY DID THE COPS GIVE IT TO HER AND OR BACK TO HER?

Posted by: ECHO134 | September 4, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse