Posted at 8:05 AM ET, 09/29/2010

Seth Rogen engaged; 'Ferris Bueller' principal pleads guilty to sex offense

By Liz Kelly

Seth Rogen and fiance Lauren Miller in April. (AP)

Some stories on our radar this morning...

Seth Rogen is engaged to real life girlfriend Lauren Miller, according to Life & Style. The couple has been dating since 2004, and according to a "friend" quoted in the article, Miller had "started giving up hope that he would pop the question." [Life & Style]

Jeffrey Jones (a.k.a. "Ferris Bueller's" Principal Rooney) pleaded guilty Tuesday to a charge of failing to update his sex offender registration. In 2003, Jones pleaded no contest to inducing a 14-year-old boy to pose for sexually explicit photographs, requiring him to register yearly. [TMZ.com]

Michael Lohan tells Radar he's learned of a diabolical plot hatched by ex-wife Dina to place troubled daughter Lindsay under a conservatorship. Because it's all about him, Lohan pere speculates that the legal bid is the latest effort to keep him out of his daughter's life. Which must be true because Lilo's, like, totally able to manage to her own finances, right? Oddly, Michael himself attempted to establish a conservatorship himself back in April. Which, since unsuccessful, was no doubt also part of Dina's plot. [RadarOnline.com]

Justin Bieber's craving for pancakes made "maple syrup" a trending topic on Twitter until early this morning. "Im thinking pancakes for breakfast," he tweeted, "with some nice maple syrup. Who doesnt love maple syrup? I love maple syrup...." His one-two punch was completed when he added this Vince Vaughn "Wedding Crashers" line: "i happen to know everything there is to know about maple syrup." [Zap2It.com]

"Dancing with the Stars" loses another celeb. Did the Situation survive the cut? Watch the clip to get the answer:

By Liz Kelly  | September 29, 2010; 8:05 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Josh Holloway joins cast of 'Mission: Impossible 4'
Next: The Britney Spears episode of 'Glee': Is it time to lose the celeb-focused tributes?

Comments

"Seth Rogen is engaged to real life girlfriend Lauren Miller" - as opposed to imaginary girlfriend Batgirl?

Not the least of Jeffrey Jones' troubles is failing to update his sex offender registration - his IMDB profile is looking a little ratty, too.

Wasn't Michael Lohan talking to God just a few weeks ago? Maybe that's where he learned of this diabolical plot, right after receiving a link to a Google Map of where the Ark Of The Covenant is stashed.

Justin Bieber tweets, "Im thinking pancakes for breakfast with some nice maple syrup. Who doesnt love maple syrup? I love maple syrup...." If only his songs were as well-written.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 29, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Less is more.

Except when updating your sex offender registry.

Posted by: epjd | September 29, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

"Seth Rogen is engaged to real life girlfriend Lauren Miller" -- You wouldn't know her. I met her at summer camp. She lives in Canada.

Posted by: yellojkt | September 29, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Harder to thread-weave in the new format, with fewer threads available.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 29, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Weingarten would have words about your caption calling Miller his "fiance." She's a woman, so it should read "fiancee."

Posted by: k1634 | September 29, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

BRING BACK MORNING MIX!!!

And really, why did you say "real life" girlfriend...did they play romantic interests in a movie at some point?

Posted by: PostReader4 | September 29, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

First, welcome back, Liz! (right?)

Posted by: prayformojo | September 29, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Actually, k1634, Weingarten breaks down in sobs of anguish whenever either form is used.

Posted by: KevFromArlington | September 29, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Well, if you can't get Morning Mix for breakfast...And, for the record, Craig Claiborne, food writer, author, NYT food editor, hated maple syrup. 'Course back then, he could still get Morning Mix.

Posted by: kabuki3 | September 29, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Not loving the new format. I like a lot of quick hits in the morning mix. Then we can either all pile on one, or everyone can snark about their favorite. --epjd

Harder to thread-weave in the new format, with fewer threads available. --Nosy Parker

BRING BACK MORNING MIX!!! --PostReader4

Second, I'm all for branching off in new directions, but I'll have to echo the comments above - I'll miss/much prefer the cacophony (I'm not using that word right) of links that was Daily Mix...... --prayformojo

I rarely post but I really enjoy reading the "news" and especially the snark, but I have to agree with these posters. I MAY look back at Celebritology sometime during the day, but I really miss the Morning Mix and all the great snark all in one place every morning. Despite being unemployed, I do have other things to read and to do (like study for a new job) and having a good laugh in the morning really helps for the rest of the day. Besides, reading this helps me answer celebrity questions on NPR's "Wait Wait. . . Don't Tell Me!" come the weekend. Please, please bring back the old format!

By the way, welcome back Liz! Hope you, little Desmond and Mr. Liz are doing well.

Posted by: lostcyclist | September 29, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Welcome back Liz! Hope everybody is well. Jen took very good care of us in your absence. :-)

I have to say I also favor the old Morning Mix format and don't like the new format at all.

How pathetic is it that one person sharing idiotic details about their tween life causes a media storm? When did our world come to the point that people care what some celeb wants for breakfast? I'm not just blaming the Biebster, I hear it all the time in the real world too. Blech!

Posted by: Californian11 | September 29, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Unlurking long enough to say Ditto.

Too many posts/strings to check back if you have the time. I like it all in one place. Sure it may look like more hits but that's because each of us is going to all of the separate posts, so its misleading to count hits.

I

Posted by: LTL1 | September 29, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Sorry, won't be reading anymore. I was already half way out the door and only stuck around for the quick links. It just isn't user-friendly anymore.

Posted by: Georgetown1 | September 29, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Hi, LTL! How's Little Lurker doing these days?

I agree with you re the "one-stop-shopping" aspect of the old Morning Mix.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 29, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Add me to the pile of dissenters. With a Morning Mix I can unleash my snark in one fell swoop (for better or worse, ha ha).

Reading new posts all the time is giving me ADHD symptoms -- I don't know where to focus first and when because everything has equal weight as presented. (Part of my real job involves web usability....)

Before, the Morning Mix was the grounding for the day, with afternoon or special posts (as needed) icing on the cake. Clear and manageable. If doing the post first thing in the morning is an issue (Liz ? alluded to something about waiting until later in the day), why not post it at 11 or 12 and call it the Mid-Day Mix?

Just a thought. Things just seem too jumbled now.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 29, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Another voice for a return to the old format. The morning mix was a much more efficient use of my time-wasting time.

This new style is too similar to the source blogs & other sites, which I do not visit precisely because I could count on Celebritology to distill things down. It also dilutes the interest in/impact of the single-topic posts when there are so many in number and so few on topics I care about.

Posted by: katn77 | September 29, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

To the people complaing about the new format, the next "improvement" will probably be eliminating the weekly chat and replacing it with one of those terrible video chats.

Posted by: buffysummers | September 29, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

If Tori Amos can do "cornflake girl", I guess Justin can do "pancake boy."

I, for one, am not going to make the Queen feel bad, on her second day back, by condeming the new format which sucks.

Posted by: elias_howe | September 29, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

elias, I suspect Liz didn't make the decision to change the Celebritology format. It smacks of something from a "suit" (sort of like NBC's decision to eliminate its 10 PM dramatic series for the Jay Leno Show strip, and we all know how THAT worked out). On paper such decisions can look good, yet in practice, not so much.

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 29, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I am sorry but I do not understand the appeal of Seth Rogen. He's not funny, and he's butt-ugly. Yet he gets the beautiful girls in every movie he's in. (Then again, butt-ugly men get beautiful women in most productions, so why should I be surprised.)
Honestly, he looks like he should be in the IT department in some company somewhere...not on the silver screen. Bleah!

Posted by: bucinka8 | September 29, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

You see, by not having the potpourri of celeb snippets in one place, my Vermont Maid quip on the Justin baby doll, er excuse me, action figure article made not much sense.

Posted by: elias_howe | September 29, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Nosy, yes, you are probably correct.

Posted by: elias_howe | September 29, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Piling on. About everything, really.
Hate new format for the reasons so eloquently articulated by all above, especially td. I'm not one to spite my face by cutting off my nose, but it does mean that I probably won't bother to check in every day as it's too much trouble to scroll through all this stuff to find the "nuggets." If I cared that much about each of the stories formerly featured in the Mix, I'd be a subscriber to a tabloid. I depend on Celebritology to distill things for me.

And seriously, it's a sign of the apocalypse when this new format means that instead of a mere sentence, Justin Bieber (Bieber? Beeber? Biiber? Whatever...) gets an entire paragraph.

And finally re DWTS: AAARRRGGGHHH. How cruel to those of us who can't access video! Would it kill ya to actually tell us who was voted off?

-Snarky Squirrel, feeling particularly snarky this morning

Posted by: 7900rmc | September 29, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Yo NP - LL is crawling, clapping, and in general redonkulously adorable (not that I am biased). He's also got two teef.

PS HATE HATE HATE the video chats (can't really do them in cube world without drawing attention)

PSS and even more OT than my LL update BuffySummers did you grow up here in DC and did you take Tae Kwon Do in Burke when you were younger...

Posted by: LTL1 | September 29, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

If Tori Amos can do "cornflake girl", I guess Justin can do "pancake boy."

Posted by: elias_howe | September 29, 2010

-----------------------------------------

FWIW, I say that the first sentence of Elias'comment should appear in the Saturday fishwrap edition.

Neither will I disparage the sucky new format.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | September 29, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

LTL1 - Not from Burke, but I did have martial arts training as a teen. I grew up in Sunnydale, California :)

Posted by: buffysummers | September 29, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHAHAH chalk my inability to see the joke up to sleep deprivation -

However - hand to heart - there was a young girl named Buffy Summers in my Tae Kwon Do class - here in Burke VA.

Posted by: LTL1 | September 29, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse