Posted at 8:29 AM ET, 09/ 2/2010

T.I. arrested on drug charges; Paris Hilton banned from Wynn properties, still welcome at Vegas Hilton

By Jen Chaney

T.I., back in trouble with the law. (AP)

Thursday

Update: More information on the arrest of T.I.

Celebrity Beat: T.I. and wife Tameka Cottle arrested on drug possession charges after police smelled alleged marijuana emanating from their vehicle; the arrests were made after a traffic stop on Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood; T.I. was released from prison in March on weapons charges and is currently serving probation... In news involving other celebrities recently arrested after marijuana smoke allegedly wafted from their car, Paris Hilton has been banned from the Wynn properties in Las Vegas, including both the Wynn and the Encore; on the plus side, she is still very much welcome to stay (surprise!) at the Vegas Hilton ... Lindsay Lohan reportedly sends cease-and-desist letter to dad Michael Lohan to prevent him from selling excerpts of her rehab diary from 2007... Catherine Zeta-Jones expresses anger that doctors did not detect Michael Douglas's cancer sooner... Lawsuits involving Nicolas Cage and his former business manager dismissed.

Rumor Mill: Diane Passage, wife of Ponzi schemer Ken Starr, says private investigators working for Wesley Snipes have been following her in attempt to get her to help clear his name in tax case... Jon Gosselin denies claim in Radar Online that he attempted to extort money from Kate Gosselin.

Pop Culture: Could Steve Carell be replaced on "The Office" by Harvey Keitel?... Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" may become a TV show... Jamie Foxx to star in his own sketch comedy series on Fox... Paula Patton cast as female lead in "Mission: Impossible IV"... Extra seriously hurt on set of "Transformers 3" in Indiana... "Glee" characters -- in "Simpsons" form!

Celebritology discussion, today at 2 ET: Join me (Jen Chaney) to chat live about the latest celebrity, pop culture and entertainment news on this very special "90210" Day.

By Jen Chaney  | September 2, 2010; 8:29 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Daily Mix, Pop Culture
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Happy '90210' Day!
Next: Natalie Portman, apparent soon-to-be Oscar winner

Comments

This must be one of the very few occasions when Paris Hilton has found herself in a no-Wynn situation.

"Could Steve Carell be replaced on "The Office" by Harvey Keitel?" If it were his "Bad Lieutenant" character, I'd watch that.

How is "Extra seriously hurt" different from "Regular seriously hurt"? I assume third-degree burns are involved.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 2, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

"Lawsuits involving Nicolas Cage and his former business manager dismissed." - Maybe Cage's financial problems are karma from making 'Con Air.'

Posted by: yellojkt | September 2, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

"Celebrity Beat: T.I. and wife Tameka Cottle arrested on drug possession charges after police smelled alleged marijuana emanating from their vehicle" - T.I.'s Road to Redemption must go through Agrestic, California.

Posted by: yellojkt | September 2, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

No-Wynn wins pun of the year. Prize: a trip to Paris. Valtrex not included.

Posted by: yellojkt | September 2, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Okay, admit it folks, how many of you first thought the Discovery gunman was Jon Gosselin who is still ticked that Kate still has her own show?

Posted by: epjd | September 2, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

No-Wynn wins pun of the year. Prize: a trip to Paris. Valtrex not included.

Posted by: yellojkt

****

Don't worry, yello - I hear she keeps some in her purse, right there with the gum.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 2, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

No wonder Lindsay's so screwed up. Her dad is trying to sell excerpts of her diary? What a snake!

Posted by: forgetthis | September 2, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Sandman with no neil Gaiman attached is a bad thing, mmmkay?

Posted by: wadejg | September 2, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

The charges stemmed from an arrest by federal agents last year, while TI was going to buy three machine guns in the parking lot of a supermarket in Atlanta, Georgia. T.i. http://usspost.com/t-i-15995/

Posted by: susan166 | September 2, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Too many guest stars on the Simpsons anymore. Usually they aren't funny on there in the least, with the exception of Ricky Gervais.

Posted by: sarahabc | September 2, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

"T.I. and wife Tameka Cottle arrested on drug possession charges after police smelled alleged marijuana emanating from their vehicle" -- OK, the other day cops saw an alleged mairjuana cloud from someone else's car, and now it's an alleged marijuana smell. Is there an official five-senses pot handbook I can refer to so I'm clear here? Just want to be prepared should I accidently wander into suspiciously activity where I might inadvertently feel, touch or taste something.

"Paris Hilton has been banned from the Wynn properties in Las Vegas" -- How does that work, actually? Are there WANTED (BANNED?) posters of her at all the entrances? Does a DNA and/or breathalyzer monitor in each door and window set off a WHOOP WHOOP PARIS WHOOP WHOOP alarm? Help me out.

"Lawsuits involving Nicolas Cage and his former business manager dismissed." -- The former business manager was all set to push ahead until he wandered into the conference room with Nic and his assistant. Nic said to her, "Chrissy, over on the wall. Get me the big knife." Thus sending the business manager away suddenly ready to cancel the whole thing. Go figure.

"Could Steve Carell be replaced on 'The Office' by Harvey Keitel?" -- Any desire to watch Harvey in anything was killed after I saw "The Piano." Even if he promises not to be naked on "The Office," forget it. I'm not tuning in.

"Jamie Foxx to star in his own sketch comedy series on Fox" -- We'll call it "In Living Colour" and ask that girl, whatshername, Jennifer Lopez, to be on too, as a dancer. Maybe one or two of those Wayans brothers can join them. It'll be GREAT.

"'Glee' characters -- in 'Simpsons' form!" -- I see my prediction that the show will flame big and die quickly is right on track. Animated Rachel and Finn? Call me when the entire cast sits down with Oprah and when the upcoming episode where Puck water skis over the shark is ready to air. Tick. Tick. Tick.

"Mission: Impossible IV" -- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 2, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Actually, td, I was hoping to use "WHOOP WHOOP PARIS WHOOP WHOOP" during my acceptance of yello's 'pun of the year' prize.

Posted by: byoolin1 | September 2, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Be my guest, byoo. She's, I mean it's, all yours.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 2, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

ep, apparently Jon prefers to extort money from Kate rather than going directly to the source. Altho whether Discovery paid Kate to be on (ptui!) the Emmys is debatable.

Go ahead byoo, WHOOP it up.

What about all the OTHER skanques that hang out at the Wynn?

Posted by: reddragon1 | September 2, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

LOL, td -- beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Ever since seeing The Piano, I've thought Harvey Keitel has the best buns in show business. I've never watched The Office, but I would just for him (naked or not)!

Can the public send LiLo a cease & desist letter? I'd really like her to cease being in the media.

Posted by: Californian11 | September 2, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

$113 billion is spent on marijuana every year in the U.S., and because of the federal prohibition *every* dollar of it goes straight into the hands of criminals. Far from preventing people from using marijuana, the prohibition instead creates zero legal supply amid massive and unrelenting demand.

According to the ONDCP, at least sixty percent of Mexican drug cartel money comes from selling marijuana in the U.S., they protect this revenue by brutally torturing, murdering and dismembering countless innocent people.

If we can STOP people using marijuana then we need to do so NOW, but if we can't then we need to legalize the production and sale of marijuana to adults with after-tax prices set too low for the cartels to match. One way or the other, we have to force the cartels out of the marijuana market and eliminate their highly lucrative marijuana incomes - no business can withstand the loss of sixty percent of its revenue!

To date, the cartels have amassed more than 100,000 "foot soldiers" and operate in 230 U.S. cities, and Arizona police are now conceding that parts of their state are under cartel control. The longer the cartels are allowed to exploit the prohibition the more powerful they're going to get and the more our own personal security will be put in jeopardy.

Posted by: jway86 | September 2, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if this poor guy just had the unfortunate "dumb luck" of stumbling upon Paris Hiltons handbag?

Posted by: steve_77 | September 2, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm not normally this person, but a "Sandman" TV show sounds like an absolutely awful idea. Please don't eff with that property, it is perfectly fine where it is.

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | September 2, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Let's all give a warm welcome to Mr. Matthew McConaughey, aka jway86.

Posted by: MStreet1 | September 2, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Eh, or Woody Harrelson.

Posted by: MStreet1 | September 2, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

More bread and circuses courtesy of the formerly respectable newspaper known as the Washington Post to keep people in a state of frenzied distraction while the nation swirls around the drain deep in the bowl.

I am so glad I don't know who or what a "T.I." is...

Posted by: dionysianmadness | September 2, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse