Posted at 4:45 PM ET, 09/16/2010

Tim Gunn takes aim at the Salahis

By Jen Chaney

When it comes to Tareq and Michaele Salahi, Tim Gunn of "Project Runway" doesn't mince words.

In an appearance earlier today on "Access Hollywood Live," he was asked what he thought about the White House party crashers/reality stars -- while, I might add, the Salahis were both listening via satellite and waiting for their turn to be interviewed. His response:

"I don’t mind if the Salahis hear this -- I believe that they are sociopaths. They believe their own lies. When you’re dealing with a sociopath, you can’t reason. You can’t deal with logic. … They do believe their own lies in my view.”

He also cast more than a little doubt on the "Real Housewives of D.C." star's recent revelation that she suffers from multiple sclerosis.

“I would never wish MS upon anyone. And if in fact Michaele has MS, I feel very bad for her. I have a very dear friend who has MS. I find it curious that the story is coming out now, though. I would want a doctor’s note.”

Watch the video below to see/hear Gunn for yourself.

By Jen Chaney  | September 16, 2010; 4:45 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Oprah Winfrey chooses next book club selection. Surprise! It's Jonathan Franzen
Next: Joaquin Phoenix: Yes, it was a hoax

Comments

Oh, Tim Gunn. Never, ever change, you beautiful man.
::draws spangly hearts around his name::

Posted by: Bawlmer51 | September 16, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Another reason to love Tim Gunn.

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | September 16, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

Bravo! I love Tim Gunn. He manages to make his point and in a civil manner. He should instruct a class.

Did you hear him, Salahis??

Posted by: shejoy | September 16, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

Here ya go, Bawlmer: just copy and paste to your ♥'s content!

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | September 16, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

BREAKING NEWS.....This is surely a first...The Salhis have told the truth: http://plixi.com/p/45463875. I am sure after her celebrity ambush photo op coupled with personal space/boundary violating hug he tried to put it out of his mind.

Join our Facebook page: Tell the White House Party Crashers to Go Away http://www.facebook.com/WhiteHousePartyCrashers

Posted by: seraphina2 | September 16, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Tim Gunn is so awesome.

Posted by: HardyW | September 16, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

I have a dear friend with MS. Hopefully, Mrs. Salahi will be able to be an inspiration and others with MS may view Bravo. As she gets worse, using a walker, a wheelchair, etc. the general public may be able to learn more about MS. I suggest that her doctor join the group and help educate others. She will need to slow down, take it easy and enjoy their parents wonderful vineyards in Virginia.

Posted by: judithclaire1939 | September 16, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

"Do you think I read Playboy magazine?" He's so funny. Don't ever change, Tim.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | September 16, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Tim - You go, Girl! (And I mean that admiringly, in the best Harvey Fierstein sense.) Bravo (or should I say Lifetime?) to you for your honesty and integrity. Whatever you do, you always Make It Work.

Posted by: nan_lynn | September 17, 2010 12:03 AM | Report abuse

I "heart" Tim Gunn! And please, make the Salahis go away.

Posted by: sanderling5 | September 17, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Tim Gunn should make a special appearance at the "Restoring Sanity" March.

Posted by: dstu | September 17, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I busted out laughing when I heard Timm say that! Awesome...and so true!

Posted by: cbmuzik | September 17, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Thank you Tim, it's about time someone spoked from the heart on these two want to be's!!!!

MS yeah I would agree, I want to see the doctors note; they have told so many lies at this point to stay in the spot light.

Posted by: shadon1 | September 17, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse