Posted at 8:02 AM ET, 10/18/2010

Bieber Patrol: A bullied Justin Bieber involved in alleged assault

By Liz Kelly

Justin Bieber, a new foot soldier in the anti-bullying campaign. (AP)

Justin Bieber, the 16-year-old boy wonder of bubblegum pop and soon-to-be host of a relaunched "Punk'd," was apparently trying to catch a little down time playing laser tag in Canada over the weekend when a 12-year-old boy stepped up and, according to TMZ.com, called the Bieb a "faggot."

Things got a bit heated and Bieber was initially investigated for assault for allegedly "pushing" the 12-year-old. But no charges have been lodged against either party and, according to TMZ, Bieber plans to use the incident to lend his support to the anti-bullying campaign.

Sources: TMZ, ZackTaylor.ca

By Liz Kelly  | October 18, 2010; 8:02 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Justin Bieber, Rumor Mill
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 'Mad Men' season finale: Is another death on the horizon?
Next: 'Jackass 3-D': America, you made it No. 1

Comments

That 12-year-old must have great parents. I bet they're really proud of him.

Posted by: scoogy | October 18, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Justin's trying to earn his "street cred." LOL!

Posted by: amontgomery1 | October 18, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

This story is waaaaaaay too funny to hardly comment! :) But, I do want to comment on anti-bullying...

While I appreciate that celebrities are undertaking this "campaign" and while I know it has been heart-breaking to hear in the news youths taking their lives due to bullying, I still can NOT come to grips with this generation's mindset.

When I was growing up, you had bullies, you have always had bullies in the neighborhood or school, but we were taught, tell the teacher, tell your parents and if that doesn't resolve it, knock the hell out of that joker bully! I can tell you this...

Folks of today are trying (i.e.,"trying") to be so "civilized" and "sophisticated" and "PC" (as if the OLD TIME WAY of doing things were so tactless that we must "progress" away from those old-school teachings and qualities) but NEW SCHOOL MINDSET only lends itself to more moral decay, debauchery and denigration.

BULLIES in my time ONLY BULLIED for a "short amount of time" until they got their butts dusted and that was the end of that! We have to STOP teaching kids to be so SCARY, GOD GAVE YOU NAILS, FISTS FOR A REASON.

Self-defense is a positive, not a negative. And, that is the ONLY way to truly overcome bullying... You have to TEACH KIDS how to SAFELY DEFEND themselves.

No, no... I'm not talking about a kid grabbing a razor or gun, but good techniques on how to render a bully defenseless, how to knock him square on his duff!!!

Every school should have a SELF-DEFENSE CLASS and that in of itself will teach a bully DON'T MESS AROUND. BULLIES are PUNKS!

They are LOW SELF-ESTEEMED indiviuals and SCARY themselves. That's why the "bullying" and "scare tactics" they administer is ONLY a COVER UP for their inadquacies, short-comings and fears. One good pop... BOOM!

And, I promise you is the CURE ALL for a bully situation. How do I know?

Because I was bullied as a kid, but that was ONLY until I found the courage and my dad showed me how to take courage in DEFENDING MYSELF and as soon as that bully stepped to me I delivered one helluva "BOP!"

That was the end of my being bullied and even the end of my classmates being bullied - this kid had all of us terrorized!

But, it took just ONE OF US to put the dukes on! And, that was the end of his days of bullying - this kid became the JOKE of the school and the most humbled (humiliated) kid in our class!

LET'S STOP TEACHING OUR KIDS TO BE SCARY. LET'S STOP BREEDING THE "VICTIM" MINDSET IN OUR KIDS!

LET'S TEACH THEM SELF-DEFENSE, SELF-CONFIDENCE AND COURAGE.

These are the TOOLS to defeat any bully, any where at any time - even ADULT bullies can not withstand these amazing Self-Empowering Tools!

Posted by: LPATWILLFILM | October 18, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

I have three older brothers, as a girl of around 8 yrs old I found myself the target of a neighborhood "female" bully. At the very sight of this girl, my feet took flight to the safety of home.....with the bully and her followers in hot pursuit. This went on until my oldest brother TOLD me that I had to face her down, or "else". My brother ordered me back out the door...yup, she was still there. Driven by fear and pumped with adrenalin, I proceded to WAX her. My brother later explained: " Get the one with the biggest mouth and the rest will fall back". It worked. Unfortunatly, we live in an ego driven society, no more whip the bully - bully backs off. Nope - bully returns with weapon.

Posted by: walonika | October 18, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Well, fighting the bully off only works when it's a fair fight and you win. I did it once - I wouldn't call it a win either, more of a draw - and after that the bullies hunted in packs. It's a little hard to fight off a half-dozen girls when it's just you. Besides, girl bullies tend not to use physical force as much as social ostracization, harassment, etc. If you answer that with force, then YOU are the one who gets in trouble because you are the one who took it to the next level. So, LPATWILLFILM, your advice is half-right. Sometimes that is the solution. Sometimes it just makes it worse or doesn't change a thing.

As much as I hate to say it, I have to give Beiber credit here for standing up for himself. And if was just a little schoolyard pushing, then there's no need to get the authorities involved.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | October 18, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

fr scoogy:

>That 12-year-old must have great parents. I bet they're really proud of him.<

Apparently, the 12 year old's dad is a lawyer. Probably put him up to doing it.

Posted by: Alex511 | October 18, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

@LPATWILLFILM

I understand your point, but times are different. When you dealt with bullies, you would see them at school and then come home. Or maybe, there was a bully on your block but when you were in the safety of your home, it stopped. Now, children are being bullied in school, harassed on their way home, AND harassed at home through the internet. They will call you a fag to your face, then send a text message to the whole school that you are a fag so all those people will laugh/demean you, and then when you get home, they will flood your facebook/twitter/myspace with the word. They can do it anonymously so you don't even know who is responsible. You don't know who to face.

And while the kid may know how to defend himself or herself without a weapons, who is not to say that the bully will not come back the next day with a knife, or worse a gun, to retaliate. Most bullies are all talk though. Unfortunately, with the level of technology available today, its easy to bully someone. Its easy to degrade them and belittle them so that everyone else knows. Its as simple as pressing a button. And its permanent.

The Rutgers student killed himself because he realized that the internet is permanent. Future employers could do a search for him on the internet and BAM, the most humiliating and invasive moment of his life can be found and re-watched. Have you seen how many fights are posted on Youtube? Could you imagine being beat up and then going home and seeing the beating on the internet? Could you imagine seeing this fight get hits daily as people continue to relive this humiliating moment in your life.

These kids need a thicker skin, but you have to remember that times have definitely changed things for the worse.

Posted by: fizzchizz | October 18, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse