Posted at 8:56 AM ET, 10/12/2010

David Schwimmer secretly married; animated 'Napoleon Dynamite' coming to Fox

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly

Sisters Nicky (left) and Paris Hilton arrive at the premiere of 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.' The show features the sisters' aunts, Kim and Kyle Richards. (AP)
Tuesday

Celebrity Beat: David Schwimmer married British girlfriend in June. Oddly, news breaks the same day "Friends" co-star Courteney Cox's separation went public... La Toya Jackson, Mark McGrath and Star Jones sign on for next "Celebrity Apprentice"... Carrie Fisher admits to using cocaine on "Star Wars" set... Morgan Freeman to receive AFI lifetime acheivement award... Joan Collins: Jennifer Aniston is "cute," not "beautiful"... Oprah Winfrey "disappointed" that a matron at her South African school has been cleared of all abuse charges... Rick Springfield details his teenage suicide attempt in new book... Vince Neil DUI bust headed to trial.

Bonus: The 10 sexiest pictures of Justin Bieber's dad (via Buzzfeed, with apologies)

Pop Culture Mix: Fox orders episodes of animated "Napoleon Dynamite" series; most of film's major cast members will be featured -- we can only hope that includes Uncle Rico... Rhys Ifans to play villain in next "Spider-Man"... Chelsea Handler to star in "Larry Sanders"-esque comedy series called "After Lately"... A peek at Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara in character on the set of "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"... Awkward Family Photos site gets a TV show deal.

Video: Bumblebee getting sideswiped on the "Transformers 3" set in D.C.:

Say What?
"I haven't had a country star on in a while, been going through a little bit of a black phase." -- Chelsea Handler, kinda sorta addressing rumors that she's been dating 50 Cent.

By Jen Chaney and Liz Kelly  | October 12, 2010; 8:56 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kim Kardashian bares all for W magazine
Next: Courteney Cox and David Arquette separate

Comments

It's kind of reassuring to see that Ross and Monica are still as competitive as ever, isn't it?

"Carrie Fisher admits to using cocaine on "Star Wars" set." And C3P-O was up to a quart of 5W-30 a day...

Joan Collins is "stretched tighter thsan a drumhead," not "aging gracefully." But she's right about Aniston.

Rick Springfield details his teenage suicide attempt in new book, or, as he phrased it, "I wish that I had Jessie's pills."

Speaking of pills, what kind make you think that the 10 sexiest pictures of Justin Bieber's dad could in any way be considered a "bonus," JeLi?

"Awkward Family Photos site gets a TV show deal." Up next: "I Can Haz A Lot More Free Time Now That I've Thrown Out My TV."

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 12, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Carrie Fisher admits to using cocaine on "Star Wars" set - I thought that brass bikini looked a little dusty.

Posted by: yellojkt | October 12, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Of course Carrie Fisher used coke on the set of Star Wars: she was 19 and it was the 70's. It would be news if she hadn't used coke.

I agree with byoo about Joan Collins and Jennifer Aniston.

Can we take up a collection to buy Justin Beiber's Dad a proper shirt? 'Cuz I've seen hot, and that ain't it!

Posted by: talleyl | October 12, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

"'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' ... features ... Kim and Kyle Richards." -- Kim Richards! Finally we'll get (I hope) the backstory of those 70s "Witch Mountain" movies and what it was like working with Ike Eisenmann.

"David Schwimmer married British girlfriend in June" -- Who's David Schwimmer?

"Carrie Fisher admits to using cocaine on 'Star Wars' set" -- That would explain why she and Mark Hamill never seemed to go "ew" when they suddenly realized they were brother and sister. It was the coke. What was he taking?

"Morgan Freeman to receive AFI lifetime acheivement award" -- Let's hope he hires a chauffeur to drive him, alone, to the ceremony.

"Joan Collins: Jennifer Aniston is 'cute,' not 'beautiful'" -- Because I'm going to take beauty opinions from the woman who starred in "The Stud."

"Oprah Winfrey 'disappointed' that a matron at her South African school has been cleared of all abuse charges" -- Her grilling over the O coals was going to headline "People Who Have Disappointed Me, Yet Still Live" week.

"Rick Springfield details his teenage suicide attempt in new book" -- He wanted to tell us sooner, but the point was prob'ly moot.

"Chelsea Handler to star in 'Larry Sanders'-esque comedy series called 'After Lately'" -- She's trying her hand at comedy now? Good for her.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 12, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I really thought that was Nicky Hilton standing next to a wax statue of Paris. Very scary.

Posted by: sbainum | October 12, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

10 Sexiest picture of Justin Bieber's dad...WTF?

Do youse guys have a Justin Bieber quota? Like ya gotta get in at least 1 whole post about him & at least 3 other references a day?

Or is someone a closet Bieber fan? Closet Bieber fan....that just sounds wrong on so many levels.

Posted by: wadejg | October 12, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

An Ike Eisenmann shout-out!

Nicely done.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 12, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

David Schwimmer married British girlfriend in June.

It took Ross all this long to get Emily back?

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 12, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Oooh, and I sure hope Ross didn't say, "I take you, Rachel..."

Posted by: Nosy_Parker | October 12, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, byoolin. I Like Ike.

"Awkward Family Photos site gets a TV show deal." -- Call me when "Charlie Bit My Finger" gets 13 episodes. (I sure hope that kid's got tough hands.)

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 12, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Better late than never dep't.: I just realized that the correct response to "David Schwimmer secretly married" must be "David Schwimmer secretly attractive to at least one woman."

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 12, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Carrie Fisher used coke on the set of Star Wars. Now we *really* know why Leia didn't want to leave that Hoth snow cave/base.

I'm chalking up the pix of Papa Beiber to sleep deprivation. (You okay, Liz?) Maybe the Midday Mix isn't such a bad idea after all...

Posted by: northgs | October 12, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Um, who the heck cares what Joan Collins thinks of Jennifer Aniston?

And who cares whether Carrie Fisher used coke or anything else? Star Wars was how long ago?

I'm not surprised the Cox-Arquettes broke up, although it is sad. She dropped Arquette from her name a few years back and talked openly about their problems and going to therapy. Too bad that didn't help; they seemed to be a sane Hollywood couple (somewhat of an oxymoron).

Posted by: Californian11 | October 12, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Given Chelsea Handler's well-known affinity for vodka, I assume that she's making the scene with a Black Russian.

Posted by: sasquatchbigfoot | October 12, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Ok, I'm gonna get all geeky here, but it looks like some folks have mixed up their Star Wars/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi plot points:

I thought that brass bikini looked a little dusty.-Return of the Jedi

That would explain why she and Mark Hamill never seemed to go "ew" when they suddenly realized they were brother and sister.-Also Return of the Jedi

Now we *really* know why Leia didn't want to leave that Hoth snow cave/base.-Empire Strikes Back

Ok, I've gotten that off my chest and we can now return to our regularly scheduled snarking

Posted by: talleyl | October 12, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Mid-Afternoon Self-Amusement:

If you say "Cox-Arquettes" a few times quickly, it ends up sounding like an insult from "Johnny Dangerously."

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 12, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse