Posted at 9:14 AM ET, 10/ 7/2010

George Clooney visits the Sudan; Tony Curtis buried with iPhone, Splenda

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney
Thursday

Celebrity Beat: George Clooney travels to the Sudan to raise awareness about possible civil war... Talk about product placement: Tony Curtis buried with iPhone, Splenda... Topless Tom Cruise films "Mission: Impossible 4" stunts in Prague... Michael Douglas nearing the end of cancer treatment... Kanye West debuts his first short film... Toni Braxton files for bankruptcy again... Kelly Osbourne plans to have most of her tattoos removed... Happy Keanu!

Rumor Mill: Alleged mistress claims Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore have "open marriage"... Web site purports to have Tiger Woods sex tape and plans to take pre-orders starting Oct. 15... Exes Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson teaming up for new sitcom... Heather Locklear engaged to Jack Wagner?

Pop Culture Mix: Sandra Bullock will star as an astronaut, opposite Robert Downey Jr., in "Gravity"... Entire episode of "The Office" to focus on watching "Glee"... Slash of Guns 'N Roses starts horror movie production company called Slasher Films... Why moving the Oscars to January, which could happen in 2012, is a bad idea... Here are the long-awaited details on how to make a Storm Trooper helmet out of a milk jug... Want to see some cool "Dexter" posters? Consider it done.

Chat Day! Forget that meeting. At 2 p.m. ET, you'll want to be behind your keyboard for this week's Celebritology Live chat.

By Liz Kelly and Jen Chaney  | October 7, 2010; 9:14 AM ET
Categories:  Daily Mix
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chelsea Handler: 'Nothing to report' about 50 Cent
Next: Oprah, Lady Gaga, Ellen DeGeneres make Forbes 'most powerful women' list

Comments

"George Clooney travels to the Sudan to raise awareness about possible civil war." Oh, they already know it's coming, George.

"Tony Curtis buried with iPhone, Splenda." Expect a call from beyond the grave: "I said 'Sugar Twin,' dammit! What is this s***?"

Alleged mistress claims Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore have "open marriage". Or maybe she was just spunk'd.

"Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson teaming up for new sitcom." There nothing else in that sentence that could possibly justify the use of the word "new."

Sandra Bullock as an astronaut? I could barely believe her as a toll booth attendant.

"Entire episode of "The Office" to focus on watching 'Glee.'" I can't wait for this, and not just because I am curious as to how they're going to get them all on a motorcycle going over a shark tank at the same time.

"Here are the long-awaited details on how to make a Storm Trooper helmet out of a milk jug." In Canada the milk comes in plastic bags, so all we can make are suffocated helmetless Storm Troopers.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 7, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

Dearie, just because it is an "open marriage" does not mean everything that happens in it is public. Although considering Demi and Ashton's twitter fascination I could be wrong about that.

What other kind of films is guy named Slash gonna make? Sappy romances?

Yes, moving the Oscars to January is bad, bad, bad. Can you say football?

Posted by: epjd | October 7, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

ep-

What other kind of films is guy named Slash gonna make? Sappy romances?

*************************************************

Slash Fiction?

Posted by: DorkusMaximus1 | October 7, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Topless Tom Cruise. no, please.

When Kanye wins his Oscar for the shortie, can someone please interrupt his speech and talk about how Spike Lee is a much greater talent?

I like Sandy, but it is easier to picture her as a space cadet than as an astronaut.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 7, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

"Topless Tom Cruise films 'Mission: Impossible 4' stunts in Prague" -- Topless? Do you mean shirtless? Is this another short joke?

"Toni Braxton files for bankruptcy again" -- Unbreak my bank, say you'll fund me again... It's another bad luck song, no writing checks like cra-e-zy...

"Kelly Osbourne plans to have most of her tattoos removed" -- Upon hearing the news, Dad Ozzy commented, "mmbberrsmebbrrmm."

"Web site purports to have Tiger Woods sex tape and plans to take pre-orders starting Oct. 15" -- Later, cable watchers will be able to catch it on PayPerEw.

"Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson teaming up for new sitcom" -- It's a buddy comedy, working title "Botox and Bleach."

"Entire episode of "The Office" to focus on watching 'Glee'" -- Way to hop on that bandwagon a little late. Can I tell you how over "Glee" I am? After the Britney episode featured butt sweat and a gym, er, riot, I decided I'm done. DONE.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 7, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Wait, I thought the word "topless" referred to females, while males were "shirtless." Am I wrong here or what?

Either way, it fits for Cruise, & ew.

Posted by: wadejg | October 7, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

You could use a cider jug for that storm trooper helmet too.

Posted by: HardyW | October 7, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

You could use a cider jug for that storm trooper helmet too.

Posted by: HardyW | October 7, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Normally any mention of Tiger Woods in connection with anything resembling "sex" or "tape" would make me sickly, but just now I am so delighted and cracked up by the whole pop culture phenomenon that is "cigar guy" that I'm unreasonably cheerful. If this one hasn't hit your radar yet:

Posted by: sorcerers_cat | October 7, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse