Posted at 9:03 AM ET, 10/ 5/2010

Keira Knightley and her new 'do

By Jen Chaney

Keira Knightley, rocking the bob. (Getty Images)

Keira Knightley has gotten herself a nice, chic bob, a significant change from the longer tresses she usually sports. Okay, maybe not a switch as drastic as Emma Watson's hair chop heard 'round the Internet, but still, a noticeable difference.

Knightley told InStyle UK that the new cut, which she got about a month ago, isn't for a particular role. "I did it for myself," she said.

True, there can be something vaguely PTA meeting-ish about a proper bob like this one. But I think Knightley makes it look young and sexy. Then again, is that really a surprise? Knightley is one of those women who could get a Donald Trump haircut and dye it in rainbow colors, yet somehow still emerge from the process looking more elegant and fabulous than ever.

Feel free to weigh in on Elizabeth Swann's sleek new style -- which, it goes without saying, is a matter of international importance -- by posting a comment.

By Jen Chaney  | October 5, 2010; 9:03 AM ET
Categories:  Celebrities, Fashion
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Conan O'Brien gets sexy (sort of) in new TBS promo
Next: Onetime Twitterholic John Mayer explains why he quit

Comments

Is she auditioning for 'The Kate Gosselin Story'?

Posted by: yellojkt | October 5, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Didn't she have this same haircut a few years ago? Around the time she made The Jacket?

Posted by: themegnapkin | October 5, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Isn't this -- I hate to lose my man card over this by admitting my knowledge of hairstyles -- your basic Nancy Kwan Bob? (Vidal Sassoon was on the one episode of "Sheer Genius" I watched and that apparently world-famous cut of his was one of the challenges.) Keira looks great, but it's hardly revolutionary.

Posted by: td_in_baltimore | October 5, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

KEIRA YOU'RE LOOKING GREAT! DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!

ISAAC

Posted by: ISAACSHOFF | October 5, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Looks great, but she needs to remember to eat. Too skinny.

Posted by: Guyasuta | October 5, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse