Posted at 1:42 PM ET, 10/ 8/2010

Miley Cyrus's new video: Too sexy for 17?

By Liz Kelly

Miley Cyrus won't be 18 until Nov. 23, but in yet another raunch-filled video she's already pulling her audience along with her into R-rated 18 and older territory. Either that or I'm just a prude who finds the "Who Owns My Heart" imagery borderline icky for an underage girl (who was and continues to be marketed to children by Disney). Below, witness Miley as she writhes around on an unmade bed in what looks to be a seedy motel room and does her best impression of a table-top dancing stripper while wearing leather hot pants.

We've talked about this before, but again I'm forced to ask:

By Liz Kelly  | October 8, 2010; 1:42 PM ET
Categories:  Insta-Polls, Miley Cyrus
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday List: 10 excellent celebrity and pop culture Halloween costumes
Next: No 3-D for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'

Comments

It's not the age that gives me the ick factor. After all, if this comes out in December she'll still be the same person and look the same, she'll just be a legal adult. The ick factor to me is that she's still a Disney name and Hannah Montana is marketed to kids. I get that she's trying to transition from a sort of Disney princess to an adult pop career, but I think she should wait until she's severed her ties with Disney.

Posted by: DCCubefarm | October 8, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Somebody actually said "No, it's art?" Gimme a break!

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 8, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

PS Strippers don't wear hot pants. Well, I suppose they might at SOME point in their routine.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 8, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Duke University just called and said she'd fit right in.

You need to write your poll answers better -- there was no choice for kind of pathetic, in a trying to imitate what you think fun grown-up parties would be like kind of way.

I especially liked rhyming heart and dark.

Posted by: groundhogdayguy | October 8, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

if not miley it would be someone else... her audience has grown up with her - many are the same age or older - so obviously if she's going to carry that same crowd she's going to have to find something that's appealing to that crowd.

It could be worse... she could be covering Bytor and Snowdog

Posted by: quintiliusvarus | October 8, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse