Posted at 1:40 PM ET, 10/20/2010

Rumor Mill: Celebs, including Angelina Jolie, may have done drugs

By Liz Kelly

Two former self-styled drug dealers to the stars are, to varying degrees, ratting out their alleged bold name clients.

Life & Style Weekly claims to have an exclusive from one Franklin Meyer, who says he supplied Angelina Jolie with heroin and cocaine and that she was, in fact, high as a kite during this interview with Charlie Rose in 2000:

Much more after the jump...

From the article:

"We'd see each other two to three times a week when she was in town. She would buy cocaine and also heroin," Meyer tells Life & Style, who first met Angelina in February 1997, when she and a male friend came to buy drugs from him at NYC's Chelsea Hotel. She was just 21, and soon became a regular. "She would generally spend about $100 each time -- that would buy maybe half a gram of coke and a 10th of a gram of heroin. She would snort the cocaine and the heroin in front of me. It didn't seem to matter to her who else was there."

Franklin goes on to describe the walls of Jolie's Manhattan apartment as "covered with photos of dead bodies" and adds that she was already talking about her plan to adopt children.

Meanwhile, Chris Gardner -- a former Hollywood Reporter, People and Daily Variety writer -- tells the Daily Beast's Christine Pelisek that he "did cocaine with dozens and dozens of actors," though he only names one in the article: Lindsay Lohan (who is currently bunking at the Betty Ford Clinic).

"I also partied with producers, studio executives, agents, managers, studio publicists, personal publicists and fashion professionals," Gardner said in the Daily Beast interview. "And many times, my drug use got me access to people I never would've had the opportunity to hang out with otherwise."

Sources: Life & Style, Daily Beast

By Liz Kelly  | October 20, 2010; 1:40 PM ET
Categories:  Celebrities
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Underwear-clad 'spy' Anna Chapman poses on the cover of Russian Maxim
Next: Glee in GQ, Part Deux: The Parents Television Council does not care for those photos

Comments

I haven't been this shattered since I read that some actors don't wash their hands after using the mens' room.

Silver lining dep't.: But now I feel like I have a license to pee on my hands and do a line. That 3 o'clock meeting's gonna flllllyyyyyyyyyyy by.

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 20, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

At this point, wouldn't be easier for the people who HAVEN'T done coke with LiLo to stand up?

And, is it really a surprise that Jolie was on drugs? She married Billy Bob Thornton for crying out loud.

Posted by: MStreet1 | October 20, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

(Also, memo to The Daily Beast: time to consider a name change. How do you like DILLIGAFF?)

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 20, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

This headline could have been ripped from the 60s except for the "Angelina Jolie" and "may" part. For a long time I thought that Pat Boone (and possibly Walter Cronkhite, and of course Nixon) was the only celeb that didn't do drugs. Then he recorded those "heavy metal" songs.

Posted by: reddragon1 | October 20, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

byoo:

I had some business cards made up with "Dilligaf" in a lovely script. Very classy looking. I do love handing them out on occasion...

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | October 20, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Hasn't Whackadoodle Jolie been pretty open about the fact that she's done everything but the kitchen sink?

Posted by: Californian11 | October 20, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm shocked, shocked I say that people were doing drugs in Hollywood.

BTW dealers, good luck getting new clients. I understand that discretion is something that is highly prized in a drug dealer. Same for a lawyer.

Posted by: epjd | October 20, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

I think what ep means is that she can hook us up. Right?

Posted by: byoolin1 | October 20, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse